12 Days of Holiday Cheer......Entries!

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
Now that the contest is underway, I think that we should have a thread where folks can post some of their entries. I know that there's a lot of thp'ers that had an awesome time with this and since there can only be one winner for each item, that means we only get to read the winner's letter.

So share some of your entries, your funniest one, your favorite one, all of them.

I'll start with one (for the Str8Fit):

Dear Santa,

One club. One swing. Eight options = One Christmas, One The Hackers Paradise Contest, One lucky winner, and Eight potential recipients on my Christmas list this year.

Sometimes the companies have a problem picking a winner and have the forum members vote on four or five finalists. They want it to be anonymous, so you may want to wait until we know that they have already picked a winner for that day's present.

Sometimes the companies have a problem picking a winner and have the forum members vote on four or five finalists. They want it to be anonymous, so you may want to wait until we know that they have already picked a winner for that day's present.

thanks for the heads up

Sure thing. I want to see what everyone came up with too!

Well now that Day One has been given away, if you want to put up your Day One entry, now is the time! Obviously TC doesn't need to since he was the lucky winner! I entered all 12 so I have the possibility of being embarrassed the maximum amount!

We'll use this thread for the whole contest so if you want to do it, post here after the winner is announced for each day.

Here's mine (it had to have at least gotten honorable - or dishonorable - mention!):

Dear Santa,

After using the Adams chipper, which my wife stole from me, I think the entire hybrid set might be safe from her prying hands. Please drop it off on Christmas Eve and I will make sure they are well taken care of and used regularly.

Yours very truly,
(Name withheld)

We received a LOT of entries for almost every day of this contest. Hopefully others will jump in and post their thoughts.

I had fun trying to come up with something for these prizes. This is a great contest even without winning it was fun.

Visions of birdies dancing in my head.
I can see my score dropping with Adams hybrids,
‘til next spring I’ll wait to try my new gear.
Oh Santa I know as you read this letter;
you’re hoping I’m a better golfer than writer.

I didn't enter this one, but would love to read other letters.

Edit: I need to wear a helmet. I will post my entries up as I don't win the prizes :)

Last edited:
I made a similar offer if I was to win one of the contests. No, it wasn't my shoes. :)

I am going to hold off on posting those until each contest is done though.

Awesome! I have a friend who is in sore need of good wedges, but can't afford them.
Can you do me a favor and delete my CG15 entry in your quote? I was not thinking when I posted them up.

Awesome! I have a friend who is in sore need of good wedges, but can't afford them.
Can you do me a favor and delete my CG15 entry in your quote? I was not thinking when I posted them up.

I don't think you can harm your chances of winning by posting them up. And certainly not after the event has been called.

I didn't enter yesterday's one. Today is my first that I have an interest in and I thought my entry for today was my weakest one. So, with that in mind, I hope I win it :angel:

Here's my FootJoy entry:

Dear Santa,

I'm 31 years old, I'm 6'4'', I'm over weight, I'm balding, I live in a house that's too small, and my wife says I have no fashion sense. The only way I could ever resemble Camillo Villegas is by what he wears on his feet. I need new FootJoys.

Here's my FootJoy entry:

Dear Santa,

I'm 31 years old, I'm 6'4'', I'm over weight, I'm balding, I live in a house that's too small, and my wife says I have no fashion sense. The only way I could ever resemble Camillo Villegas is by what he wears on his feet. I need new FootJoys.

I loved that one TC.

I loved that one TC.

I figured some folks would get a kick out of it. The sad thing is, it's all true!

Good one TC, I'd have voted for you!

OK, here's mine:

Dear Santa,

Once upon a midnight blue,
FootJoys came with a special shoe.
Stylin’ and profilin’ I soon will be,
In a pair of shoes made just for me.

Not as wild as THP,
But a little more tame,
'Cause that’s just me.

I can already see I won nothing! Mine are way generic

Here was my entry -

Dear Santa,
I heard a rumor that your famous black boots were actually custom FootJoy MyJoys. Is that true? I’d love to get a pair of MyJoys for Christmas. My feet would really appreciate it, especially on the back nine. Nothing beats walking a round of golf.

OK, here's mine:

Dear Santa,

Not as wild as THP,
But a little more tame,
'Cause that’s just me.

This is a good one Smallville. Mine has my name in it (my real name, not my forum name) and I'm too shy to share it.

OK, here's mine:

Dear Santa,

Not as wild as THP,
But a little more tame,
'Cause that’s just me.

I like it smalls. You have a way with words for sure. I'm sure it will pay off in the next couple of days.

Maybe. I went on a poetry kick after Day 1.

Maybe. I went on a poetry kick after Day 1.

our "renaissance man". Every good group needs one. thanks for sharing your entry anyway.

Here is my FJ entry:

My feet are depressed. I went to Nike and they continued to hurt. I tried Adidas, and still, they were blistered and torn. I am starting to worry for my well traveled friends for I think they are giving up hope. Please put some FootJoy in their life.

Here is my FJ entry:

My feet are depressed. I went to Nike and they continued to hurt. I tried Adidas, and still, they were blistered and torn. I am starting to worry for my well traveled friends for I think they are giving up hope. Please put some FootJoy in their life.

Nice! I like that one a lot. Man, I can't imagine how tough this would be for some of these manufacturers. You know, they could just give us all new shoes. I don't need custom ones, in fact, I'd take the bare bones FJ's.

Back