The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate being sick...bleh.

Heck, we drank Southern Comfort before we even thought about beer!

Can't drink southern comfort. I get sick before I even get a buzz... Don't know what it is about the stuff.

And that's just a saying to make fun of people who act like idiots when they drink.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Can't drink southern comfort. I get sick before I even get a buzz... Don't know what it is about the stuff.

And that's just a saying to make fun of people who act like idiots when they drink.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Yeah I know. Steve Martin said it in the '70s!

Smoke detectors going off at 6am...eff me

I hate the smoke alarm "beep" that only happens at night and is never the alarm that you think it is.

My rant, I scratched my eye in the corner, it hurts so bad, it's all red and it itches.

Spoiler
35ultl.jpg

Furnace kicked in this morning, pretty chilly morning.

Too soon !

It's been on OUTSIDE of your house though!

VERY true! I play golf in 120 degree heat, but I have never wore a sweatshirt or been cold playing! Shorts and tee shirt with beer in hand at 6 in the morning in February, that is good golfing weather.

My rant is that DirecTV charges too much for Sunday ticket. I loved it last year but I am not paying $200 for it. Just really not worth it for my situation.

Yesterday me and 2 friends are playing and we are putting ON the 9th Green. I watch 2 guys roll up to the 10th tee they get out of the cart & start stretching & i am thinking there is no way they are going to just cut in front of us, they can obviously see us & with another 2 some in the fairway a 4-some in front of them, etc. One of my guys was on the phone, so the 2 of us putt out drive over the 10th Tee and they look at me, so I ask "who sent you guys to the 10th tee"? his reply "oh we thought you were a 4-some" I thought ok how is that revelant? They had already hit and my buddy was the phone, so I said just go. I am still baffled that they thought since we were 4(which we weren't)and they were 2 it would be ok, especially since we were putting on 9 green. Also, the 10th is not near the clubhouse, they had to drive across the road, through groups to get there so its not like the starter could see the hole & sent them there.

Also just to complete my rant, one of my guys, who has been bothering me for months to play golf shows up in a t-shirt(he had to buy a collared shirt), has not played in 8 months, hit 4 balls on the range declared himself ready then lost 4-6 balls on the 1st 2 holes, and all day was walking behind me while swinging, coughing, messing with his golf bag and basically breaking every etiquette rule & he wonders why we don't play more golf. If you watched the Golf:Sterotypes video, he is the mr mood swing, the over-estimator, bigfoot, shadow guy....to name a few

My rant is that DirecTV charges too much for Sunday ticket. I loved it last year but I am not paying $200 for it. Just really not worth it for my situation.

We have had Extra Innings for the last 10 years until new baby cutbacks this year. There is value there, as its 6 months of 15 games a day. I never saw the value of Sunday Ticket unless you're an out of market fan. I have the Panthers for 3+ hours each Sunday, Thursday, Sunday, and Monday night games are there for all to see, so basically I be paying for mostly the handful of 4pm games each Sunday.

From what I understand, the DirecTV pays so much to the NFL for the right to air it that they have to charge that much and are still losing money on it (hoping to make up for it by adding subscribers). As I understand it, they are not figuring to renew the contract for it when the existing one ends in the next year or two.

That is why I use the internet instead of watching them, way too much money to pay to watch the Eagles suck each week.

From what I understand, the DirecTV pays so much to the NFL for the right to air it that they have to charge that much and are still losing money on it (hoping to make up for it by adding subscribers). As I understand it, they are not figuring to renew the contract for it when the existing one ends in the next year or two.

Hoping google forks over the cash and snatches it from direct tv

The Official Rant of the Day

We have had Extra Innings for the last 10 years until new baby cutbacks this year. There is value there, as its 6 months of 15 games a day. I never saw the value of Sunday Ticket unless you're an out of market fan. I have the Panthers for 3+ hours each Sunday, Thursday, Sunday, and Monday night games are there for all to see, so basically I be paying for mostly the handful of 4pm games each Sunday.

Yeah Extra innings is worth it if you really like baseball. For me I get most of the Bears games and if not I can go somewhere to watch. But yes with the regular games on Sunday, Saturday and Thursday games its enough for me. No need to spend the extra money.

I think I have heard that as well. The licensing is extremely expensive and the only way they can combat that is with high prices on the package. Sucks but I understand their side of it. Doesn't mean I like it any better. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back