Hello from Seattle/Tacoma/Puget Sound - New, on many levels.

malemotives

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 17.4
Actually, I live in Puyallup, which is a countrified suburb of the area... a stones throw from the Sound; 10 minutes from Chambers Bay and 30 minutes from The Home Course.

Real name is Dave. I'm not only new to THP, I'm new to golf..... since March 2013. But it's a ride I am really enjoying, at this stage of my life. My only regret is that I didn't discover golf much sooner. It's kind of hard to phantom that I lived in Florida for 32 years and never played golf.

In any event, I now spend my spring and summers in Washington. I play golf at many area courses... a few well know, as mentioned above. I'm a member of American Lakes Veterans Golf Course, which is located on the campus of the Tacoma area Veterans Administration. It is currently a 9 hole double tee for 18 course, which will soon be 18 full holes. Our benefactor.... Jack Nicklaus, was here last week for the ribbon cutting on the Jack Nicklaus Nine. The entire course is a Jack Nicklaus design, donated by Mr. Nicklaus. Our course, for veterans and guests, if probably one of the best golfing experiences and deals to be found, anywhere. $150 a year Membership gets a veteran unlimited golf, 7 days a week. Non-member vets pay only $12 for 18 holes; guest pay $20. Our $40/yr golf club includes GHIN handicap and a host of tournaments throughout the year.

As a retired marine, I am totally absorbed by this game.

Not being real keen on cold winters, I leave Washington in November, for Mesa Arizona... where I first took up golf, last March. The area has tons of courses, with a variety of rates, that competition is keeping affordable. My Home course there is Toka Stix, but I play 4/5 different courses, including Arizona Golf Resort, Painted Mountain and Longbow.

Like many, I struggle with consistency, but I'm happy with my game at this stage. I'm on my 2nd set of clubs... Mizuno, since my wife decided she liked my Ping Raptures better than her clubs and staked a claim to them. I'll give the Mizunos a year and if I don't take to them, I'll get another set of Raptures, which I absolutely like.

Hope to have many conversation with y'all and learn as we go.

BTW the hole-in-one photo I used on my profile is real. I hit it with a driver... on a short, 232 yd Par 4, during a club tournament, on June 8, 2013. It was a totally awesome and euphoric experience.

Last edited:
Welcome to THP Dave!

Welcome Dave! Sounds like you'll fit right in!

Welcome to THP Dave.

Welcome Dave! Heck of an ace there

Welcome to THP Dave!

Welcome to thp

Congrats on the Ace. And thank you for serving our country!

Welcome to THP Dave!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome aboard!

I work for a Bellevue-based company and am in the area a few times a year. I was there last week, in fact, to do a training class and almost brought my clubs along but changed my mind at the last minute.

Ken

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP. My wife and I were outside Olympia a few weeks ago visiting her older brother. The area is beautiful and the weather was perfect, in august!

Welcome to THP! Sounds like you've got a fantastic course up there. Man, you've been playing golf for 6 months and already have an albatross! I'd be hooked too!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!!!

Nice to meet you Dave. Very glad to have you with THP. Welcome:)

I know your loving the game right now. Keep at it. Thank you for your service.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP

Back