The THP Bridgestone Championship - THP Invades Las Vegas

Now I am wishing my flight got in earlier so I could take advantage of that rate. How late do the courses have enough sunlight to play there?

Sunset is around 6:30pm.

I know that Mike Dean doesn't like us talking about the Vegas weather forecasts in these threads, so I won't.
But my gosh, it's scheduled to be a perfect weekend in a nameless desert community with a TPC golf course reserving weekend tee times for our enjoyment.

Me and my dumb 1:45pm Friday arrival...

Man does that ever show the steal of a deal that THP has with this event.

no crap, and those are discounted....next week u are looking at $249 for a round!

As I think about it further, for a two-day event, those formats should really allow everyone to go into Sunday with a chance to win. In essence, 2/3rds of the overall team score will come from Sunday, and in a two-man scramble, teams should be pretty bunched together after the first day anyway. The cumulative scores of the second day have the bigger dispersion top to bottom.

I know this was well thought out, but well done again.

Definitely a great way to start out the weekend of competition. I can't believe how fast this is approaching, 3 days and a wake up!!

Announcement
The 1st tee will be announced and filmed similar to that of the Morgan Cup.

Oh puddles... wait, I mean that sounds like fun! (Note to self, pack ski mask)

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Just heard from TPC Las Vegas and they said they are happy to offer a special practice round rate for the THP member's coming to this event. Here are the details:

Valid Wed-Fri 9/25-9/27/13
Before 12 noon, $129 per player
After 12 noon, $99 per player

You would just need to contact the golf shop at 702-256-2000 Ext 1 and ask for the "THP Bridgestone Practice Round Rate"

Wow. That's a great offer. Makes me want to leave a little earlier on Friday and get a round in.

Oh puddles... wait, I mean that sounds like fun! (Note to self, pack ski mask)

Nah, fuggetaboddit ... you got no worries. We're the last ones off, and we'll be sure to keep it light.

On a side note though, for whoever is taking pictures... I'd like to ask you to make sure and get my good side, which means just go ahead and take an extra picture of Canadan.

^^ hahah! I just saw a video of his swing on the taylormade thread and I can only say one thing... smooth . no joke I don't even want to see my swing compared to his

Announcement
The 1st tee will be announced and filmed similar to that of the Morgan Cup.
We will get to see video of it?

If you get a free second, show Bridgestone some love on Twitter this week. They have made this all possible for you guys in more ways than you can imagine.

@BridgestoneGolf
@HackersParadise

Just tweeted. Hope I did it right as it's my first ever. I had to have someone walk me through it.

Do we need to check in with anyone on Friday other than checking in to the hotel? If so what time? Thinking about playing a round Friday and don't want to miss a check in.

Tweeted! Got some shopping left to do ... and lots of actual work, but I'm ready ... emotionally. Mentally and physically I'm a mess!!

Nah, fuggetaboddit ... you got no worries. We're the last ones off, and we'll be sure to keep it light.

On a side note though, for whoever is taking pictures... I'd like to ask you to make sure and get my good side, which means just go ahead and take an extra picture of Canadan.

No worries, I'm glad they saved the best for last. I also would like my good side taken. If that is not possible feel free to use the likeness of anyone else in my foursome.
^^ hahah! I just saw a video of his swing on the taylormade thread and I can only say one thing... smooth . no joke I don't even want to see my swing compared to his

As you break into tears seeing mine.... That's ok, I'm all about the ugly duckling/swan thing.

No breakfast balls this time guys.

Awesome!

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Just heard from TPC Las Vegas and they said they are happy to offer a special practice round rate for the THP member's coming to this event. Here are the details:

Valid Wed-Fri 9/25-9/27/13
Before 12 noon, $129 per player
After 12 noon, $99 per player

You would just need to contact the golf shop at 702-256-2000 Ext 1 and ask for the "THP Bridgestone Practice Round Rate"

Already booked 1pm !

Wow! Great rate for the Friday practice round. I'm in if others are.

You are in at 1pm. Along with SHIFTY, bogiebrain & I

Do we need to check in with anyone on Friday other than checking in to the hotel? If so what time? Thinking about playing a round Friday and don't want to miss a check in.

I was wondering the same thing. Is there a semi-official meet & greet on Friday night like some of the other outings?

Has it been confirmed that we'll be 'cart path only' on the course this weekend?

I was wondering the same thing. Is there a semi-official meet & greet on Friday night like some of the other outings?

The plan as of now is yes. We had no idea that so many were playing golf on Friday, so we are working on a time and place. Consider this a Tour Event. And what do tour players get upon arrival at a major event? SWAG. Our goal is to get that to everybody on Friday evening for ease, but if it must be done at the course on Saturday morning, then we could do that as well.

Has it been confirmed that we'll be 'cart path only' on the course this weekend?

Yes, most of the courses in the area are cart path only. The conditions are going to be perfect for you guys.

I love when JB uses words like tour event and swag.

The plan as of now is yes. We had no idea that so many were playing golf on Friday, so we are working on a time and place. Consider this a Tour Event. And what do tour players get upon arrival at a major event? SWAG. Our goal is to get that to everybody on Friday evening for ease, but if it must be done at the course on Saturday morning, then we could do that as well.

Yes, most of the courses in the area are cart path only. The conditions are going to be perfect for you guys.

Many (probably most) of us are not playing Friday. Meet and greet away!

Swag = awesome. Just tell us where to find you. :)

From looking at the TPC Vegas Facebook page, I can only agree.

We will be figuring out time and location tomorrow and will announce then.

When does the tour van depart?

TPC is for sure. They told me that when I booked today.

Tappin' instead of Ballroom right now.

Can either myself or my roommate check into our room on Friday? Not sure if I missed that detail.

Back