• Matt Kuchar

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Phil Mickelson

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Tiger Woods

Votes: 63 73.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
While I agree that he had good results in the majors, he was less than in inspiring in them, especially on the weekends. Overall did he have the best year? Probably. But I still wouldn't give him my PoY vote. I thought AS had best overall year top to bottom.

This is how I felt as well. Toss up between Phil or Stenson for me, I believe Phil had four wins including the major.

I hate to say it but in my opinion it has been Tiger's year, so that is who I have voted for.
Close second would be Phil M and then trailing in third would have been Adam S

Definitely Tiger. Love him or hate him, he was the most dominate player this year despite not winning a major. It's a bit unfortunate that folks overlook that in this one season, he had more victories than a lot of the tour players do in their entire careers. He gets held to a higher standard than others because of his past success, not because of what is happening that year on tour.

Definitely Tiger. Love him or hate him, he was the most dominate player this year despite not winning a major. It's a bit unfortunate that folks overlook that in this one season, he had more victories than a lot of the tour players do in their entire careers. He gets held to a higher standard than others because of his past success, not because of what is happening that year on tour.

Exactly right. I think if it was anyone else other than Tiger, there wouldn't even be a discussion. Now, if someone who had won a major had won the FedEX Cup as well, then the decision would be a little murkier, but player of the year should go to Tiger.

Has to be Phil. All round great player and a true representative of the game.

Not to forget he did something never achieved before in the game by winning the Scottish Open and The Open

Lot of love for Phil and deservedly so, but the POY is a PGA Tour award so only PGA Tour, Majors and WGC events are considered for those on the ballot.

Phil won The Phoenix Open and The Open Championship for consideration of this award. His Scottish Open win does not apply.

Phil is a very close second in my book. If he had gotten 1 more PGA Tour win or a WGC win this year he would have trumped Tiger due to 1 major and a 2nd place finish in another.

Any other player apart from Tiger has his record and he would be a absolute shoe in

Tiger. And it wouldn't be a question of debate if any other player had this type of season

They all had great years for sure no doubt about it, Stenson really came alive in the play offs. It's crazy but even though Tiger had a smokin year it feels like it was mediocre at best, I don't know why I feel that way but I do, It's strange really.

Aww, poor Tiger.

He's gonna win it hands down anyway. The discussion doesn't hurt anybody.

Not sure either of us feel pity for the guy

I voted Tiger, and I agree with those who say if anyone else had his year there wouldn't be a question.

5 wins in a single season.........think about that.

TW without a doubt, although I think Stricker should get an honorable mention, best old dude on tour or something....

Voted for TW, his season was the best of any one this year, many pros never get 5 wins in their entire time on the PGA tour.

I picked Phil, but it will be Tiger. Tiger DID have a great year, but when it mattered he didn't win. Phil won twice, one being a Major, and was consistent almost all year. Plus, I just like Phil.

Tiger all day everyday

A few things to consider:
1) Tiger had the most wins, the lowest scoring average, and never missed a cut.
2) Since we are using the word "Playoffs", Stenson should automatically receive Player of the Year no? It's like saying the Superbowl champion team wasn't actually the best team that year because a different team had more wins in the reg. season. The fact that we are discussing this just proves that the Fedex "Playoffs" are a complete joke and I'm insulted they are trying to convince me that it matters.
3) Why the hell were they talking about Stricker for POY on Morning Drive? 0 wins...
4) If ANY OTHER player had Tiger's year this title would already be theirs, no doubt about it.

2) Since we are using the word "Playoffs", Stenson should automatically receive Player of the Year no? It's like saying the Superbowl champion team wasn't actually the best team that year because a different team had more wins in the reg. season. The fact that we are discussing this just proves that the Fedex "Playoffs" are a complete joke and I'm insulted they are trying to convince me that it matters.
3) Why the hell were they talking about Stricker for POY on Morning Drive? 0 wins...
4) If ANY OTHER player had Tiger's year this title would already be theirs, no doubt about it.

I'm not sure what playoffs have to do with player of the year. Other sports have ballots turned in before playoffs start.

Tiger all day. Should be unanimous too.

I'm not sure what playoffs have to do with player of the year. Other sports have ballots turned in before playoffs start.

Tiger all day. Should be unanimous too.

Other sports are different because players are all a part of one team or another. Golf is an individual game. How can player 'A' win the Playoffs but player 'B' win player of the year? It just doesn't make any sense IMO.

Other sports are different because players are all a part of one team or another. Golf is an individual game. How can player 'A' win the Playoffs but player 'B' win player of the year? It just doesn't make any sense IMO.

It's a 4 tourney stretch! Why would that trump an entire season???

It's a 4 tourney stretch! Why would that trump an entire season???
I guess either myself or the PGA just have the wrong idea of what "Playoffs" are. If it's merely a 4-round tournament over 4 weeks that doesn't mean anything they should drop the word "Playoff" from the title.

play-off

[pley-awf, -of] Show IPA

noun1.(in competitive sports) the playing of an extra game, rounds, innings, etc., in order to settle a tie.

2.a series of games or matches, as between the leading teams of two leagues, in order to decide a championship: In America the most exciting play-off is the World Series.

Should the Champion not be the player of the year?

I think Stricker had a good year for no wins, but POY? :bulgy-eyes:

I guess either myself or the PGA just have the wrong idea of what "Playoffs" are. If it's merely a 4-round tournament over 4 weeks that doesn't mean anything they should drop the word "Playoff" from the title.

play-off

[pley-awf, -of] Show IPA

noun1.(in competitive sports) the playing of an extra game, rounds, innings, etc., in order to settle a tie.

2.a series of games or matches, as between the leading teams of two leagues, in order to decide a championship: In America the most exciting play-off is the World Series.

Should the Champion not be the player of the year?

Should the NFL MVP be the Super Bowl MVP?

I'd have to go with Tiger. He easily had the most wins with 5 while no one else had more than 2. Also, while not majors, 3 of his wins were WGC events and The Players. I think because Tiger places such an emphasis on majors we tend to overlook what he does the rest of the year. If any other player had 5 wins it wouldn't even be a debate.

Back