Hotel Rewards Programs & Deals Thread

I got the Barclaycard this summer. After the first year it will have an $89 (I think) yearly fee but you receive 2% back from all purchases towards travel expenses plus 10% of your points redeemed for travel back. After spending your first thousand dollars they give you a bonus equivalent to $300 or $400 (can't remember) in bonus rewards. This is my new card we use for all purchases throughout the month and it gets paid off each month.

Wow. another great thread I somehow missed! Delta Amex: the free bags saved me & my clients about a grand this year! Considering SouthWest card for the future.

For those with Chase Sapphire card, just a heads up that today if First Friday.
That means triple points on all dining using the card.

For those with Chase Sapphire card, just a heads up that today if First Friday.
That means triple points on all dining using the card.
I am guessing they do that on every First Friday?

Sweet deal!

I am guessing they do that on every First Friday?

Sweet deal!

They do, only on dining however. Partner that up with a Hilton Honors dining account (free w/ HHonors) and you can be getting some pretty easy points.

They do, only on dining however. Partner that up with a Hilton Honors dining account (free w/ HHonors) and you can be getting some pretty easy points.
HHonors dining is an awesome program.

HHonors dining is an awesome program.

It certainly can be if used properly.
Guess who is on the program in our area...
KUMO!!!!

It certainly can be if used properly.
Guess who is on the program in our area...
KUMO!!!!
It all makes sense now! LOL

someone hook me up with thoughts on the Capital One Venture card. 2x points on everything, havent seen that on other cards. Not as many initial bonus points but it seems you can earn more quickly. no fee first year, $59 after that.

Chase Sapphire...lots of bonus points but seems limited on 2x points. we will mainly use it for gas, groceries and general shopping. Also unclear if I can book on Allegiant Air thru their Ultimate Rewards portal. $98 annual fee.

Looked into Southwest but since they dont have a terminal in Knoxville it doesnt seem logical for me to be tied to one airline.

thoughts/help appreciated!

Both are good cards. The two big differences that separate them in my opinion.
1 - Bonus signup points. While it seems trivial, those points are huge and very worthy.
2 - Transfer to Southwest and UA, which I dont believe Venture card is capable of (that may have changed).

If the signup bonus on captail one is only 10k points, it does not amount to much (about $100 in travel). They sometimes run a promotion each year for 100k point signup.

Outside of that its a solid card. The flipside is that the Sapphire is a variable point card rather than fixed, so in some areas you earn 1 point and others 2 and even 3.

Both are good cards. The two big differences that separate them in my opinion.
1 - Bonus signup points. While it seems trivial, those points are huge and very worthy.
2 - Transfer to Southwest and UA, which I dont believe Venture card is capable of (that may have changed).

If the signup bonus on captail one is only 10k points, it does not amount to much (about $100 in travel). They sometimes run a promotion each year for 100k point signup.

Outside of that its a solid card. The flipside is that the Sapphire is a variable point card rather than fixed, so in some areas you earn 1 point and others 2 and even 3.

So the card that southwest has now is the best one right? Shoot you get two round trips when you get it after you spend $2000.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

So the card that southwest has now is the best one right? Shoot you get two round trips when you get it after you spend $2000.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Not sure there is a best. Its the best if you fly a lot and almost always fly SW.
For us, we use hotel cards because we travel by Tour Van and like the perks we get.
Others like the simplicity of an everything card such as Chase Sapphire.

Thanks JB. I have been communicating with Chase and you cant book Allegiant thru their portal but the 40k points = $400 account credit. I was just about to ask them about Southwest but it seems from your post you can transfer your Chase points to Southwests program.

The 40k points with Chase is tempting...if Capital One busts out a 100k point promo then it would be a no brainer. May need to hold out and see if they try to entice new customers closer to Christmas.

Thanks JB. I have been communicating with Chase and you cant book Allegiant thru their portal but the 40k points = $400 account credit. I was just about to ask them about Southwest but it seems from your post you can transfer your Chase points to Southwests program.

The 40k points with Chase is tempting...if Capital One busts out a 100k point promo then it would be a no brainer. May need to hold out and see if they try to entice new customers closer to Christmas.

I am 99% sure Chase can work with SW.
As for the 100k promo, they did it this year in March. Doubt you will see it again this year.

40k points in their portal with the 25% bonus should be $500

So is the Chase card you guys referring to the one that Southwest has a promo with now for two Round Trips? Because if I got to the site it shows Visa cards on the images. Need to see a side by side comparison of all these cards. Like
Chase-such and such
Visa-such and such
Capital One-such and such

So is the Chase card you guys referring to the one that Southwest has a promo with now for two Round Trips? Because if I got to the site it shows Visa cards on the images. Need to see a side by side comparison of all these cards. Like
Chase-such and such
Visa-such and such
Capital One-such and such

I am talking about the chase sapphire preferred and the capital one venture card. The southwest card is called rapid rewards I think.

The chase sapphire preferred has 40k bonus points right now as well

Visa and Mastercard are not financial institutions the same way Chase and Capital One are. They are merely the service (huge generalization) provider.
Chase, Citi, etc are the banking places that offer cards.
Chase offers many cards with the Southwest card being one of them.
Citi offers airline cards as well with their most popular being the American Airlines card.
Just as Amex has their Delta card.

These cards are all tied to specific airlines.
Chase (and others) also offers cards such as Sapphire Preferred that earn points that can be used with any airlines (and hotels) through a portal.

Been looking into adding an airline card to the portfolio. Love the early benefits of the Chase SW card, but the trio Amex Delta cards look very appealing.

Been looking into adding an airline card to the portfolio. Love the early benefits of the Chase SW card, but the trio Amex Delta cards look very appealing.

Whats the deal on that one?

Been looking into adding an airline card to the portfolio. Love the early benefits of the Chase SW card, but the trio Amex Delta cards look

very appealing.

I have been thinking the same, recently. A Delta card would be quite beneficial for me.

What kind of perks do you get with that one?

Long story short, my wife and I are paying off all of our CC's in a lump sum. Just want to have 1 card for monthly expenses (satellite radio, EZ Pass(for tolls), netflix) that we can pay off each month. Best bet is some sort of rewards card. Any suggestions? Flights, hotel, reward points. Not sure which way to go. Was thinking maybe a disney card. Just clueless.

Long story short, my wife and I are paying off all of our CC's in a lump sum. Just want to have 1 card for monthly expenses (satellite radio, EZ Pass(for tolls), netflix) that we can pay off each month. Best bet is some sort of rewards card. Any suggestions? Flights, hotel, reward points. Not sure which way to go. Was thinking maybe a disney card. Just clueless.

chase sapphire plus

40,000 point bonus to start, through their travel site thats $500, for flights and hotels

some catagory of doubel points per purchase, yearly reward bonuses etc

Back