The Official 2013 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your debate seemed to shift a bit from above.
Tebow's playoff win is used to say he could possibly play the game. Not as a reason that he is one of the best in the NFL and certainly not a top 5 QB.

I was trying to foster discussion.

And in regards to Tebow, maybe not by you but I'm sure by some.

Luck moves pretty darn well. There is no comparison at all between the two at the QB level.
Lets not forget Wilson has had a pro bowl TB with him and one of the best defenses in the league. He has had to do very little on his own.
There is simply no comparison. I would venture there is not a GM in the NFL that building a team would choose Wilson and that goes for his own in Seattle.
I don't doubt Luck is a better QB. Hell he may surpass Manning some day with the guys potential. The way you make it sound tho Russell Wilson is pudding and can't be a legit top 5 QB in the league. The guy has the potential, but we'll see.

He creates and extends plays. I think you're seriously underestimating his skills and overestimating Seattle's offense. They have Lynch, and pretty good line and that's pretty much it. They don't have a great TE or WR core. They're pretty mediocre. Where they shine is the defense, and I would say that has a lot to do with Carroll and his days with the NYG.

I know what I said. I said RW is a better qb. But because his team is better. And has had more team success.

Luck has more skill and talent but not the same level of team success.

I don't doubt Luck is a better QB. Hell he may surpass Manning some day with the guys potential. The way you make it sound tho Russell Wilson is pudding and can't be a legit top 5 QB in the league. The guy has the potential, but we'll see.

He creates and extends plays. I think you're seriously underestimating his skills and overestimating Seattle's offense. They have Lynch, and pretty good line and that's pretty much it. They don't have a great TE or WR core. They're pretty mediocre. Where they shine is the defense, and I would say that has a lot to do with Carroll and his days with the NYG.
I never said that. I dont think in time it turns out he is a top 5 QB in the league, but thats just my take right now and he is certainly not there as of yet.

I think hot garbage is too nice of a term to use to describe the Giants defense. Their fans should start looking into defensive prospects that will be available in the top 10 of next year's draft.

The QB draw run by Gabbert on the 1st down play looked like Bill Laimbeer wobbling around.
And then 2 terrible passes later, starting 1st and goal...
Hand the ball to MJD and get out of the way. Live or die by the guy at this point.

I would just like to point out heyward bay has more rushing yards on 1 carry (7 yards) than Trent Richardson does on 6 carries (2 Yards). I was saying all offseason how overrated he was in fantasy football and all my buddies kept telling me he was a stud. Guy will be a backup before long.

The QB draw run by Gabbert on the 1st down play looked like Bill Laimbeer wobbling around.
Wait I didn't see cheap shots and flying elbows

Wow. So they get a penalty and end up going for it on 4th down. What happens? Of course a Gabbert pick as MJD wide open on his left he throws into double coverage and gets picked by Road Warrior Animal's son.

Is tom brady bad or is bengals def that the browns beat that good?

Has to be a bad Tom Brady. The browns are terrible. Ask anyone who isn't me or you lol

Wow. So they get a penalty and end up going for it on 4th down. What happens? Of course a Gabbert pick as MJD wide open on his left he throws into double coverage and gets picked by Road Warrior Animal's son.

No pressure at the time (for a change). Just plain bad decision.

Tapatalk: Gently Tapped like a downhill three-footer.

Bengals D is playing well today.

Ravens got 2 pass interference calls for >50 yards, and then Ray Rice ran it in for a TD. Tie game in Miami.

I never said that. I dont think in time it turns out he is a top 5 QB in the league, but thats just my take right now and he is certainly not there as of yet.

You're right, I misunderstood one of the posts. I think it's a bit of a longshot calling Wilson a top 5 QB some day, but we'll see. He can make the difficult throws, but he needs to be more consistent.

Chris Johnson sighting in Tennessee!

Man, are Detroit and Green Bay playing football or baseball? 9-3?

Man, are Detroit and Green Bay playing football or baseball? 9-3?

Now 16-3 Green Bay.

Under the radar injury: Tommy Kelly for the Patriots down with a knee injury. He was one of the veteran replacements for Vince Wilfork. If he's out for a long period of time, the Patriots are painfully thin on their D-line.

Henne is in for Jax.
Smartest move they could have made. Bad throw after bad throw by Blaine.
Hamstring injury is what has been said.
Hey ary,
As a doctor is the hamstring connected to the horribleQB bone?

Henne is in for Jax.
Hey ary,

I'm sure everything is connected in some way. ;-)

Kelly back on the field for the Patriots, bullet dodged.

Henne is in for Jax.
Hey ary,

Isn't that the same injury Christian Ponder had?

After Week 1, Mike Wallace complained about his role in the offense, caught a bunch of passes in Week 2. After last week, he said that he was "worried" about his lack of production and how the offense was using him. Today: 8 catches, 123 yards.

Under the radar injury: Tommy Kelly for the Patriots down with a knee injury. He was one of the veteran replacements for Vince Wilfork. If he's out for a long period of time, the Patriots are painfully thin on their D-line.

Casey Hampton???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back