The Official 2013 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And look at their records. Just because Alex smith can't bust out a 50 yard run for a touchdown doesn't mean he is garbage. You just made my point, he is a game manager. He keeps the ball and doesn't make a ton of turnovers and the Chiefs are 5-0. That may not work in every offensive scheme but it wins games and I think that's what everyone is trying to do. It may not be what you like to watch either but it doesn't lessen the kids talent.

The 49ers may go to 3-2 but look what Kapernick has done. Nothing. He is only going to win because Shaub is terrible and threw 3 INTs.

You will never convince me that Smith > Kap. I am a die hard 49ers fan and have seen Smith up close for the past 7 years. He will win you games in the regular season but WILL NEVER win you a Super Bowl. You are in the minority if you would rather have Smith leading your team than Kap.

It's great to win games right now in the regular season, but in the playoffs the Chiefs will be one and done.

Chiefs, Braves, potato potato

I am also rooting for the Chiefs to win because the 49ers will get a 2nd draft pick at 8 wins. After 8 wins I don't care :)

Schaub on the sidelines, yanked due to turnovers.

Ben Tate with a big run... And fumble!

It's a comedy of errors.

Cant wait for the next game at midnight lol

You will never convince me that Smith > Kap. I am a die hard 49ers fan and have seen Smith up close for the past 7 years. He will win you games in the regular season but WILL NEVER win you a Super Bowl. You are in the minority if you would rather have Smith leading your team than Kap.

I would much rather have Smith. So yes I am in the minority, but Smith also doesn't fit San Fran's offense. And that's fine. I am a die hard Bears fan and when Orton went 10-5 and won the NFC north and then stick Gross-man in there and he loses the Super Bowl I was extremely upset. Why go away with what won games all season long?

It also takes the right coach to help give the kid confidence, which Harbough did, to make those big throws down the field. So while Smith didn't do much in San Fran he really only had one year where he got the right coaching. Given another year or two I think he would have been great.

Can Huston put JJ Watt in at qb?

Anybody on the east coast staying up to watch the Chargers vs Raiders?

Mmmmno. Would like to, but aint happening.

I am in the Midwest and I will watch a little maybe. But not staying up for the whole thing.

Nice "punt" by Rivers.

Freeman agrees to terms with Vikes. Bills will sign Pat White. I don't know how much throwing the Bills are gonna do the next 6 weeks. I'd be surprised if he throws over 15 times a game.

Freeman agrees to terms with Vikes. Bills will sign Pat White. I don't know how much throwing the Bills are gonna do the next 6 weeks. I'd be surprised if he throws over 15 times a game.

I guess he has the best chance to finish out the year as a starter with the Vikes.

The Raiders are surprising me. Not sure how much of this I will watch though.

The Raiders are surprising me. Not sure how much of this I will watch though.

I don't think they will hold it together but I thought it would be a blow out. I guess you never know in a rivalry game.

4th and goal from the one and the Raiders take over possession. Wow.

A muffed punt gives Oakland the ball way inside San Diego territory. Could about put this one out of reach with a TD here.

Another Monday comes and the Browns are still in first place

Lol, I couldn't disagree more. Alex Smith is garbage. Sure he will win you games but let's not get it twisted he is a game manager. Have you seen the Chiefs play? He has made one of the best WR's in the league essentially useless. He refuses to pass the ball down the field. Also the 49ers have only two capable receiving options right now, just wait until Manningham and Crabtree come back.

Check out who has the best records in the NFL at QB the last 20 games.
FWIW, the minority is not always a bad thing. The minority wanted to keep Andy Reid. The minority wanted Aaron Rodgers over Alex Smith.

The lack of WR options? Have you looked at the Chiefs WR options? Kap is exciting, young and makes big plays. 3 things that Alex Smith is not, but lets not kid ourselves into thinking that right now, he is a better QB, because he is not. He might be in time. Heck it could be fairly soon. But the kid has about 6 good games total under his belt.

So lets see Bucs Management. You were offered a 4th rounder by a team for Freeman two weeks ago. You asked for a 3rd. That team...The Vikings.

Last edited:
Another Monday comes and the Browns are still in first place

Funny you should say that. I woke up this morning and started laughing when I thought that another week had passed and Dallas was still winning the NFC East...with a losing record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back