The Official 2013 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if it was brought up already, but did anybody see Fluker pick up a Raiders player last night (#55?) and straight BODY SLAM that dude?!?!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Clay Matthews might miss some time with a broken finger. That worries me.

So the Bills are going to start a guy at QB that went to Duke. I am very conflicted about this: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9784909/buffalo-bills-start-thad-lewis-qb-vs-cincinnati-bengals

I've got to admit that it really makes me scratch my head. So the guy that gives you the best chance to win wasn't even able to make your 53 man roster? If he was really the 2nd best option, why wasn't he already on the team as the back-up? Why have Tuel as your backup QB if this Thad guy is your best chance to win outside of EJ Manuel?

I've got to admit that it really makes me scratch my head. So the guy that gives you the best chance to win wasn't even able to make your 53 man roster? If he was really the 2nd best option, why wasn't he already on the team as the back-up? Why have Tuel as your backup QB if this Thad guy is your best chance to win outside of EJ Manuel?

This is the Bills we are talking about here, enough said.

Don't know if it was brought up already, but did anybody see Fluker pick up a Raiders player last night (#55?) and straight BODY SLAM that dude?!?!

No way that should've been a penalty. He only got lifted when the 2nd lineman came over to help. Fluker finished it perfectly.

No way that should've been a penalty. He only got lifted when the 2nd lineman came over to help. Fluker finished it perfectly.

That's what I was thinking. How does a ref call a penalty on a guy for blocking too hard? It's called "the trench) for a reason. It was no different than a pancake block, except the dude got a bit airborne.

Referees are getting a bit out of control in the collegiate and professional level in the past couple of years.

I can't wait to see an ex-Husker have some good press!

It's not Nebraska's fault Detroit has some bad apples (from Nebraska) ruining the whole bunch.

So the Bills are going to start a guy at QB that went to Duke. I am very conflicted about this: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9784909/buffalo-bills-start-thad-lewis-qb-vs-cincinnati-bengals

THAD LEWIS! NEW FRANCHISE QB!

Haha. I will say, I am really starting to warm up to Doug Marrone. I love how straightforward he is in interviews. Sat down today and went through the play by play of how they came to the decision to start Lewis. Safe to say, it's looking like the next 4 weeks are not going to be pretty for the Bills... 2-7 is not out of the question.

poor Matt Flynn

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24045805/report-raiders-release-qb-matt-flynn

The short and painful Matt Flynn era is over in Oakland. Flynn has been released by theRaiders, CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora has confirmed. Oakland obtained Flynn in an April Fool's Day trade with the Seahawks. In exchange for the quarterback, the Raiders sent a 2014 fifth-round pick to Seattle.It's been a rough two weeks for Flynn. The sixth-year quarterback made his first start with the Raiders in a 24-14 Week 4 loss to Washington. After that game, coach Dennis Allen pretty much threw Flynn under the bus, saying that Flynn didn't 'play well' and that he wasn't able to see the field well either.
Three days after the Raiders Sept. 29 loss to the Redskins, Flynn was demoted to third stringquarterback behind starter Terrelle Pryor and undrafted free agent Matt McGloin.
Oakland acquired Flynn hoping he would be the team's starting quarterback in 2013, but that plan fizzled when Pryor outplayed him during the preseason. Flynn also lost a quarterback competition in 2012 when he was beat out by Russell Wilson in Seattle.
Cutting Flynn won't be a cheap move for the Raiders, the 28-year-old has a $6.5 million fully guaranteed contract for 2013. Between Oakland and Seattle, Flynn made a total of $14.5 million over two seasons for one start.
The Raiders did include offset language in Flynn's contract though, so if Flynn were to sign with another team this season, the money the other team pays him would be money the Raiders don't owe him.

Bucs need to sign him for $100 for 1 year.

Remember when I said that the Bucs should trade for Matt Flynn and you called me a genius?

Remember when I said that the Bucs should trade for Matt Flynn and you called me a genius?
Not trade for him. Just pick him up now.

Also, making $15 mil for 1 start. Awesome work if you can get it.

Not trade for him. Just pick him up now.

Also, making $15 mil for 1 start. Awesome work if you can get it.

I know. I orchestrated the release to prove my genius

No way. Eli has two superbowl rings. Top 10 all time baby.

You cant spell Elite without Eli...or so Giants fans have told me 10239048230498203892 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back