SeeMore Counter-Balanced Putter Preview

From the SeeMore Putters Thread: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...tters-Thread&p=2482692&viewfull=1#post2482692

Just picked up this 45" long FGP2. I plan on cutting it down to 38" & making it a counterbalanced version of my FGP2 (shown). the only problem is, according to Alex Rochelle at Seemore, the head-weight on this putter would most likely be around 355g (~330g for the head plus 25g for the the belly spud). So I'm thinking I'd like to get the head-weight to about 380-385g. Any suggestions on how to do this - even temporarily? Would lead tape be an option?

I'm partial to the black finish of my 35" FGP2, but this price ($41) was too good to pass up! The diameter of the long Seemore grip is very close to the 1" diameter of the SuperStroke 1.0 (at least in the middle section).

I was thinking of maybe putting this 21" Superstroke grip on:
img-belly21.png

21 Inches Long 1.0 Inch in Diameter
Core Size – .580
Weight – 145 grams (+/- 5 gm.)

I like that it's a diameter match for my existing SS 1.0. I wonder if 145 g is too heavy for a head that's only 155g? I really wanted the 18", but it's a bigger diameter (1.3" dia).

Any thoughts?

Decided to try the Winn Belly grip: 17" long; 136 g. Not sure of the diameter (I thought it said somewhere about 1 inch). I did have one of these in a 21" size on a Ping belly putter, and I liked the feel & looks:
61p17-bk.png.normal.png

I thought this was similar in texture to the 21" SeeMore already on the putter. I like how this one has essentially zero taper.

Decided to try the Winn Belly grip: 17" long; 136 g. Not sure of the diameter (I thought it said somewhere about 1 inch). I did have one of these in a 21" size on a Ping belly putter, and I liked the feel & looks:
61p17-bk.png.normal.png

I thought this was similar in texture to the 21" SeeMore already on the putter. I like how this one has essentially zero taper.

I use this grip on my 4 CB putters and it is awesome.

Thanks for the info - nice to know it already works!

No prob. The weight is very similar to the SeeMore Feeltec grips as is the feel.

Very excited. Placed an order today with Alex for a counter balanced FGP original. It was a putter I have been eyeing for awhile and decided to go with the counter balancing as well. To say I can't wait for it to arrive is an understatement.

Very excited. Placed an order today with Alex for a counter balanced FGP original. It was a putter I have been eyeing for awhile and decided to go with the counter balancing as well. To say I can't wait for it to arrive is an understatement.
Any chance of having it by next weekend? After my putting struggles lately, I'm considering a switch to your side of the ball. Ha.

Any chance of having it by next weekend? After my putting struggles lately, I'm considering a switch to your side of the ball. Ha.

You mean by the 19th?? I will have it there and you can absolutely try it. Glad to see you are ready to switch over to left handed.

#turntothedarkside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean by the 19th?? I will have it there and you can absolutely try it. Glad to see you are ready to switch over to left handed.

#turntothedarkside

Yup, the 19th. Next weekend as opposed to this weekend (that works in my head).

I think I'm going to pop on a CB Si2. I like the head shape and the positive feedback of the CB in this thread. Or a Z2...man I wish they had these in a store around me to tinker with.

Yup, the 19th. Next weekend as opposed to this weekend (that works in my head).

I think I'm going to pop on a CB Si2. I like the head shape and the positive feedback of the CB in this thread. Or a Z2...man I wish they had these in a store around me to tinker with.

I got to use the FGP during the my lesson with Bob Simms and felt extremely comfortable with it. Just shaking my head that it took me this long to pull the trigger.

Today I sent out my z2 today for counterbalancing. Seemore is going way above and beyond for me. I am pretty darn excited about what the finish product will be

I tried out a CB'd putter for the first time today and loved the heft and how it smooths out the swing. I can only imagine the CB with RST.

I see a CB'd SeeMore in my bag very soon........

Penglynns - go see Tom Ashton at Edwin Watts in Jacksonville - he will be happy to help. He is off today but give him a call before you go. He is about to complete his SPi certification.

Edwin Watts Golf

7111 Bonneval Rd.
Jacksonville, Florida 32256
904-332-0933

Just found this. Will definitely check it out!

On the heels of not putting well in Vegas I had maybe my worst putting day ever yesterday (21 putts through 9. Blah). I was back at it today and with some emphasis on committing to a line and tempo, things trended in the right direction. Making a 20-25 foot downhill left to right breaker to save par was especially nice. It was also nice to be making stuff inside 6' again too.

So I hit 4 putts with amsmith61's left handed counter balanced FGP from two different spots about 15 feet from the pin (no cups) on the putting green today. Two of the four putts nestled up against the pin...LEFT HANDED. I'm right handed and didn't even hit a pin with any practice putts with my putter.

So I hit 4 putts with amsmith61's left handed counter balanced FGP from two different spots about 15 feet from the pin (no cups) on the putting green today. Two of the four putts nestled up against the pin...LEFT HANDED. I'm right handed and didn't even hit a pin with any practice putts with my putter.

I have a like new SB1 for sale in the marketplace.

#justsaying

#justsaying

O'Carroll it is just like Nike.

#justdoit

Yesterday was my first round with my counter balanced FGP and actually first real practice with it - the putter arrived on Thursday. Absolutely love the weight and the feel of the putter. However evident by my round yesterday, I need to work on my feel with the putter.

6 three putts yesterday and I can count at least 3 par putts that I left short.

Just walked in the door and have the Red Sox game on. It was a great day with a great course and an equally great group of THPers. Thanks to Dean for organizing the get together. Thanks to Mudflap
I knew it was asking a lot to expect great results without spending anytime with the putter, but man does that putter feel great.

I so want to put my m5 counter balance in play but the gamer is still on and popp'n. Maybe one day it'll happen

#justsaying
Intriguing, but I vowed not to buy another putter until I go through an SPi fitting/lesson. Plus, it's not left handed (ha).

Intriguing, but I vowed not to buy another putter until I go through an SPi fitting/lesson. Plus, it's not left handed (ha).

Minor details. These putters are so good you can putt opposite handed.

If Pete doesn't jump on Cookie's SB1 I think I'm going to. I've been eyeing it up pretty closely.

If Pete doesn't jump on Cookie's SB1 I think I'm going to. I've been eyeing it up pretty closely.

Uh oh.. Battle Royale :)

I got my counterbalanced z2 in today. It feels like a completely different putter. I had to go orange FeelTech because of the z series logo.

vasega8u.jpg

I got my counterbalanced z2 in today. It feels like a completely different putter. I had to go orange FeelTech because of the z series logo.

vasega8u.jpg
That is a seriously good looking combo. Off to the SeeMore website for more drooling....

I've emailed back and forth with Alex today about sending in my PTM1. Any advice from those who have had their putters converted would be appreciated! I've read through the thread again and it seems like everyone is a little different, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Back