What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
77 was the best at the new course so far. But I have shot 35 on the back 9.

110 :( 60 on the front and 50 on the back. Just having a hard time hitting the ball consistently. Spending time looking for a good instructor right now but all the ones I've talked to so far seem to be a little arrogant and don't really give off that feeling of "I really love helping people get better." Until I find someone that I feel comfortable with I will keep hacking it out and enjoying the best game on earth.

I finally made it out with a couple of friends and got in 18 holes yesterday. We played out at the Eagles on the Forrest course. Talk about a great start to the round. I birdied the first 4 holes. Played the next 14 holes at plus 2 for a 70. I was pleasantly suprised with the lack of play and the swing changes. Just hope it holds up...playing in a tournament on Saturday.

I finally made it out with a couple of friends and got in 18 holes yesterday. We played out at the Eagles on the Forrest course. Talk about a great start to the round. I birdied the first 4 holes. Played the next 14 holes at plus 2 for a 70. I was pleasantly suprised with the lack of play and the swing changes. Just hope it holds up...playing in a tournament on Saturday.

Very nice. I know that course well and a 70 is a heck of a round.

Thanks for that JB. It felt good to play. With the medical issues and a new work schedule it has been tough to get out there.

Yes! That's a very good round.:thumb: Good luck in your tournament!

Congratulations on the PB! 79 is some good swinging!:thumb:

Thanks, it was a lot of fun. I hope to keep the improvement and consistency going.

I don't think I've ever had 4 birdies in ONE round! Good luck this weekend!

38/44 for an 82 at Dell Urich. I played well on the front with pars and bogies, but on the back, I couldn't do a thing right. I doubled 15 and 16 to really cap it off.

I shot 81. Started out with 3 doubles in a row though, so i am pretty happy.

Great score.

Dec 13

I played today and did pretty well…my focus of late has been on improving my iron play and it’s coming around…knee was a little stiff from the soccer earlier in the week, and my shoulder sore but not like yesterday…one silver lining that can be taken away from this shoulder strain is that I had it a couple of years ago and found that if I swung properly the shoulder was not aggravated, so it is something like a bad swing sensor and I know I need to adjust if it hurts in the practice swing….

Actually hit everything decently well today…even putted well though I missed a birdie putt that I feel I should have made, but to balance I made a birdie putt that I probably shouldn't have…

Had to run to work...shame I couldn't put the icing on the round...

10/11 fairways, 11 gir, 28 putts, 2 birdies, +1 for 16…

Well guys I played in the 18 hole event on Saturday. I played the worst 9 holes I have played since high school to start and then I had a near career best back nine.

I don't know what happened on either side. I opened with 8 bogeys and 1 par to shoot 44 on the front. On the back nine I had 3 birdies 1 eagle 1 bogey and 4 pars for 4 under par 31 on the back to salvage a 75 for the day.

Talk about a tale of 2 sides!

Way to turn it around Andy.

Thanks smalls....I thought I was in for a very long day out there.

Well guys I played in the 18 hole event on Saturday. I played the worst 9 holes I have played since high school to start and then I had a near career best back nine.

I don't know what happened on either side. I opened with 8 bogeys and 1 par to shoot 44 on the front. On the back nine I had 3 birdies 1 eagle 1 bogey and 4 pars for 4 under par 31 on the back to salvage a 75 for the day.

I would kill to shoot 44 on the front lol......the consensus when i play is that i usually hit two over on EVERY hole......but i have a lot of stuff under the "holiday" tree that can help with my putting including a new putter so we'll have to see!:clapp:

Shot 1 over on the front nine then had a 'Tin Cup' moment on the back nine, still 2 over at 16 I hit a pull hook into the lake and then just because I couldn't believe it I teed up another ball and hit it again right into the lake, almost exactly the same spot as the first one. At least I am consistent. In shock after that I managed to pull it together to take a drop and save something, took an 8 on the par 4 and blew up to plus 8 with bogeys on 17 and 18. I felt good about the round though because I only had 11 putts on the front 9 on lousy greens, and except for the brain malfunction on 16 I would have posted a decent score for me.

Nice job of pulling it back Andy, but 44 for us mortals is pretty darn good, lol.

86, 41/45 at The Pines. I seldom play this course because it is very difficult. It is built in and around an old quarry and has some long forced carries and very narrow fairways with no hope of recovery if you miss them. I didn't play that poorly and shot an 86.

I would kill to shoot 44 on the front lol......the consensus when i play is that i usually hit two over on EVERY hole......but i have a lot of stuff under the "holiday" tree that can help with my putting including a new putter so we'll have to see!:clapp:

You and me both clg. I actually did it once but hey would love to do it again. I usually score like you double bogey golf. one dumb mistake per hole :banghead:

shot an 85 today... 13 over...
driving was straight... just not far...
approach shots were terrible... army golf...
chipping was great...
putting was on and off... 1 putted a long one... 3 putted a short one

Shot a 98 at the Ole Miss course. Had two snowmans on back to back par 5s. Those were largely due to overswung 3 wood approaches that only went about 25 yards :) Also....gotta love 3 putts.

Sliced drives = Long approaches = rough day :)

It hit 50 degrees today in Central Jersey. I got out to play 11 holes. Hit the ball really poorly, but the misses went straight, and I really SCRAMBLED around to shoot 44 on the front. I played two extra holes before deciding it was enough.

Golf in December in NJ is a GOOD thing. :banana:

12 over on a par 70 course for an 82...
it was really muddy...
lots of thin shots lol... afraid to chunk huge globs of mud on my face i guess...
driving was on and off to the extreme... anywhere between 160-240 yrds...
approach shots were brutal and hard to come by...
chipping was pretty good...
putting was a task... i missed a tap in slider! thank god no 3 putts

I hsot 76 today. 39 on the front and 37 on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back