The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm envious of you guys who are following teams that are merely bad, good or great. The entire fall season is a wash when your team is incredibly horrible to the point of being virtually unwatchable.

I'm envious of you guys who are following teams that are merely bad, good or great. The entire fall season is a wash when your team is incredibly horrible to the point of being virtually unwatchable.

Who's your team?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

New Red River Shootout uniforms. Not too different, but the jersey cut is different and they have the gold accents on the jersey, pants, and gloves:
full.jpg

The jersey seams look weird to me, but I'm sure they will look better on the field.

New Red River Shootout uniforms. Not too different, but the jersey cut is different and they have the gold accents on the jersey, pants, and gloves:
full.jpg

The jersey seams look weird to me, but I'm sure they will look better on the field.

Funny you put this picture up. I was just going through Tennessee's schedule for next year and got to thinking. Other than the usual suspects of Georgia, Florida, and the Bammers, Oklahoma is THE game that I'm looking forward to next year! I think it's gonna be a really good one!

Funny you put this picture up. I was just going through Tennessee's schedule for next year and got to thinking. Other than the usual suspects of Georgia, Florida, and the Bammers, Oklahoma is THE game that I'm looking forward to next year! I think it's gonna be a really good one!

Looking forward to it! OU has been scheduling 1 big name on their non-conference recently and I really like it. They had Miami, FSU, and ND recently. They play Tennessee, Ohio State, LSU, and Nebraska over the next few seasons.

Talking about the Jaguars should go in the NFL thread haha :)

Tapatalk: Gently Tapped like a downhill three-footer.

Talking about the Jaguars should go in the NFL thread haha :)

Tapatalk: Gently Tapped like a downhill three-footer.

That's debatable.

UGA is having some terrible luck this season. Gurley needs to get back very soon.

Fortunately, UGA doesn't have many tough teams left in the regular season.

They are all tough when you have so many down, hopefully we can hang on until Gurley, Bennet, Matthews and Barber are back. The others are gone so it is time for someone else to step up.

There has been a big backlash against those who have spoken out against Condi being on the selection board, and I agree saying she isn't qualified because she is a woman is pretty stupid. My question is, why was she selected? Was it based on her qualifications? Because of her celebrity status? Because she is a woman? If it's anything but the first, and I believe it is, then it is the wrong reason. When people talk about her qualifications, they are always a huge reach. Provost of a university and daughter of a coach doesn't really impress me personally.

I'm sure there are plenty of qualified women candidates out there, and I sincerely hope she was chosen for her vast football knowledge and because she intends to take the time out of her schedule to watch football every tuesday, thursday, and friday night, as well as watch it from 9am-midnight every Saturday.

I'm sure there are plenty of qualified women candidates out there, and I sincerely hope she was chosen for her vast football knowledge and because she intends to take the time out of her schedule to watch football every tuesday, thursday, and friday night, as well as watch it from 9am-midnight every Saturday.

They could pay me to do that!

But, but, but she woke up early that one time in Israel to watch the Super Bowl.

There has been a big backlash against those who have spoken out against Condi being on the selection board, and I agree saying she isn't qualified because she is a woman is pretty stupid. My question is, why was she selected? Was it based on her qualifications? Because of her celebrity status? Because she is a woman? If it's anything but the first, and I believe it is, then it is the wrong reason. When people talk about her qualifications, they are always a huge reach. Provost of a university and daughter of a coach doesn't really impress me personally.

Man do I disagree with this. And Pat Dye might be the biggest idiot on the planet for his thoughts that went public today.
College football has been left in the hands of pure "football people" for too long and all they did was make a colossal mess of it.
FWIW, they (news) spoke about this today and she knows the game quite well. She also knows decision making and making the choices that some are not always happy with.

Man do I disagree with this. And Pat Dye might be the biggest idiot on the planet for his thoughts that went public today.
College football has been left in the hands of pure "football people" for too long and all they did was make a colossal mess of it.
FWIW, they (news) spoke about this today and she knows the game quite well. She also knows decision making and making the choices that some are not always happy with.

Not a fan of Pat Dyes thoughts, albeit slightly better than Pollock's, however I still wonder why everyone else chosen had coaching or AD experience, except her.

I'm not outraged, but it's still odd to me.

So they can have a voice of reason. And a powerful one at that.
Someone needs to tell Pat Dye to stop talking. He sounds like an uneducated buffoon searching for one last shot of the gold ole boy's club.

So they can have a voice of reason. And a powerful one at that.
Someone needs to tell Pat Dye to stop talking. He sounds like an uneducated buffoon searching for one last shot of the gold ole boy's club.

Agreed on Dye

I just think it looks bad for the one female chosen to be the least qualified from an athletic standpoint. There are plenty of Ads out there

Agreed on Dye

I just think it looks bad for the one female chosen to be the least qualified from an athletic standpoint. There are plenty of Ads out there

Why does one have to have an athletic background to be on this committee?
What does any athletic background assist in these decisions?
I would think that people would want intelligence and decision making in the highest regard.

This makes me laugh a little. The voters for the current AP and Coaches polls certainly don't watch that much football. They are watching sports center highlights like the rest of us.

Why does one have to have an athletic background to be on this committee?
What does any athletic background assist in these decisions?
I would think that people would want intelligence and decision making in the highest regard.

Obviously those making the decisions feel it's important, since every other person chosen has a background in college athletics

Obviously those making the decisions feel it's important, since every other person chosen has a background in college athletics

But those same people chose this one. Did they screw up before or now?

Never said this before. But I vote Condi. I think that this is the "hard right" instead of the "easy wrong". People (fans) may not see it now, but they will in time. She's gonna have to win many over, but I think she'll succeed in doing so.

Can we just start a "Wake Loves Auburn" thread

Can we just start a "Wake Loves Auburn" thread

Or a mikedean's 1O1 reasons why tOSU should be ranked #1 thread? :D

Or a mikedean's 1O1 reasons why tOSU should be ranked #1 thread? :D

Nonsense ive never said that...yet

How is this about Auburn, go back to trolling the mlb thread.

Quasi defending pat dye..seem to recall him having ties to auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back