The Disney World Thread

The Doc and I are Pop Century people, all we do is nap and sleep there so we just don't see any reason right now to spend any more. Now, when we have kiddos and will spend more time at the resort/pool/etc, we will probably move on up.

The Doc and I are Pop Century people, all we do is nap and sleep there so we just don't see any reason right now to spend any more. Now, when we have kiddos and will spend more time at the resort/pool/etc, we will probably move on up.

Let's be honest James.. You're there because the sports one makes Mickey Waffles in their criteria.

We have started doing one night at the end of each trip renting vacation club points to try deluxe villas. We tried AKL last summer and will be at BCV for 1 night after our cruise. Gives us a little taste of Disney immersion.

Let's be honest James.. You're there because the sports one makes Mickey Waffles in their criteria.

Pop Century, not All-Star Sports. Duh.

Disney is fun. I was there when I was a kid, and then for my HS senior trip about 6 years ago. I don't think I would go back unless I had kids though, simply because it's a long way from here and if I'm going to make that kind of effort I'd rather do international travel (or THP travel :D ). That being said, it is a super fun place, just overpriced. I'm a little more into Universal though, just because I feel like the rides are better and it's a little cheaper. Went there twice for spring break in college with a bunch of friends, that was super rad.

We are trying out the new Art of Animations resort this stay. We've booked the Finding Nemo suites and the kiddos are really looking forward to that.

Pop Century, not All-Star Sports. Duh.

Oh and fun fact, my high school is permanently banned from AS Sports because of the ridiculous racket we made at 2am by all running out of our rooms and jumping in the pool at the same time. Although it probably had more to do with the jocks running through the place and shooting silly string everywhere...

We are trying out the new Art of Animations resort this stay. We've booked the Finding Nemo suites and the kiddos are really looking forward to that.

The Doc and I are going to stay at this one in March as well. Eager to try it out.

Wanted to try this out but the price was just too cost prohibitive for us. Hope you enjoy it. We went to see it when it first opened. Excellent resort. Pool area is fun (shh! Yes we snuck in for a dip). Food court is very good for a value.

Beignets at Port Orleans French Quarter sound so good right now.

I am aware. I guess then the true reason I prefer onsite is the theming and ambience of the property. I have stayed offsite on previous trips and it just seems to break the feel of a Disney vacation. I like being immersed in it the entire trip and the theming of the resorts and on property touches just make me happier. Not saying staying offsite is a bad thing, I know many do it. But I treat my Disney vacations as something above and beyond and I like coming back to the Boardwalk or the Polynesian and treating it as an extension of my day in the parks.

Agreed, as a kid, you couldn't beat staying on Disney properties.

I used to work at Disneyland in CA. I sold churros, ice cream, etc. I'd work 60 - 80 hours a week. They didn't care about paying overtime, so I was making a killing. My hours were brutal though, like 630- 230 am. My Mom has worked for the Disney Corp for almost 25 years and we used to go to Dland at least once a year, been to Disney World, etc.

Although I'm biased and think Disneyland is the best, I liked the experience when I went to Disney World. We stayed on site and from the moment we got off the plane, really didn't have to worry about anything. The shuttle takes you to the hotel, he hotel had everything we wanted and then it was easy to get to the parks. So on site gets a big thumbs up, but I'll have to look at off site now that I know you can get to the parks the same way.

Wanted to try this out but the price was just too cost prohibitive for us. Hope you enjoy it. We went to see it when it first opened. Excellent resort. Pool area is fun (shh! Yes we snuck in for a dip). Food court is very good for a value.
It was quite a bit more then the standard Value rooms but with so many people we were able to spread the cost of the two rooms over four families (2 sets of grandparents are going) it made it much more affordable.

My daughter is 13, my son is 8. I am wanting to plan a christmas break trip with them. With kids that age and just myself going would you all recommend Disney Cruise or Disney World? I am kind of leaning towards the cruise but would like opinions from those who have done both

If they've never been to Disney, I would do that. It will be a ton of fun for the 13 year old and magical for the 8 year old.

If they've never been to Disney, I would do that. It will be a ton of fun for the 13 year old and magical for the 8 year old.

Probably a bit more affordable as well. Cruises are a ton of fun but they'd probably enjoy the different scenes opposed to water, island, water, island, island, more water

It's amazing to me that just seeing that Wardy was the last one to post in this thread got the stupid "It's a Small World After All" song stuck in my head.

It's amazing to me that just seeing that Wardy was the last one to post in this thread got the stupid "It's a Small World After All" song stuck in my heard.

I'll send you a message with the audio later just to make your day just that much better :)

I used to work at Disneyland in CA. I sold churros, ice cream, etc. I'd work 60 - 80 hours a week. They didn't care about paying overtime, so I was making a killing. My hours were brutal though, like 630- 230 am. My Mom has worked for the Disney Corp for almost 25 years and we used to go to Dland at least once a year, been to Disney World, etc.

Although I'm biased and think Disneyland is the best, I liked the experience when I went to Disney World. We stayed on site and from the moment we got off the plane, really didn't have to worry about anything. The shuttle takes you to the hotel, he hotel had everything we wanted and then it was easy to get to the parks. So on site gets a big thumbs up, but I'll have to look at off site now that I know you can get to the parks the same way.

The Swan and Dolphin are some amazing properties. You can walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Full bus/boat transportation and they do offer some killer rates certain times of year.

The Swan and Dolphin are some amazing properties. You can walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Full bus/boat transportation and they do offer some killer rates certain times of year.

This is great to know. With a 3 year old daughter and another on the way, I'm sure we will be coming down pretty often soon enough.

I've never been. Been to Worlds of Fun in Kansas City and a couple of Six Flags parks and Sea World in California.

I've never been. Been to Worlds of Fun in Kansas City and a couple of Six Flags parks and Sea World in California.

Not even in the same ball park. While quite fun, those are amusement parks. Disney World is an experience.

Dude, honestly, those aren't even close to WDW and even Universal, SOOOOOOOOO much fun! Something I really think everyone should do at least once in their life, and if done correctly (i.e. not trying to do it ALL in one day and ending up exhausted and pissy) most get hooked.

Not even in the same ball park. While quite fun, those are amusement parks. Disney World is an experience.

I know.

Dude, honestly, those aren't even close to WDW and even Universal, SOOOOOOOOO much fun! Something I really think everyone should do at least once in their life, and if done correctly (i.e. not trying to do it ALL in one day and ending up exhausted and pissy) most get hooked.
Never thought they were. Only said I had been to those places but never to Disney World.

Back