What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A tale of two 9s; neither of them very good. I shot 98, but was 10 strokes worse on the back than I was the front. Still am not teeing it well, my iron play is erratic, and my putting is absolutely disgusting.

Sub 80 at last...

Sub 80 at last...

37 / 41 = 78

8 one putts, 9 two putts, 1 three putt = 29 total putts. Love my new SS Fatso.

also hit 13 Fairways

40/38 - 78.

Hit it really really good today. 7 bogeys, 10 pars and 1 birdie.

Shot a 90 today in really soggy conditions but it is my PB for this course! I am so pumped it was great to get out on the course and what made it even better is that I got to play with 2 THPers.

13 fairways
1 green
33 putts
2 penalties on the same hole haha

My mental approach to my game is totally changing my game for the better. I play to make bogey on every hole if I make par sweet it only helps things. My scores were really high due to the many doubles triples and quads that I would accumulate during a round. It felt so good to play this way and see it actually pay off!

Yeah I hit some bad shots and ones that I want back but I played within myself. Yes I hit a lot of fairways but they werent all very far and with over 200 yards to get to the green I hit lay up shots to easier distances for myself. Overall just being much more intelligent and it is helping me enjoy the game so much more.

Shot a 90 today in really soggy conditions but it is my PB for this course! I am so pumped it was great to get out on the course and what made it even better is that I got to play with 2 THPers.

13 fairways
1 green
33 putts
2 penalties on the same hole haha

My mental approach to my game is totally changing my game for the better. I play to make bogey on every hole if I make par sweet it only helps things. My scores were really high due to the many doubles triples and quads that I would accumulate during a round. It felt so good to play this way and see it actually pay off!

Yeah I hit some bad shots and ones that I want back but I played within myself. Yes I hit a lot of fairways but they werent all very far and with over 200 yards to get to the green I hit lay up shots to easier distances for myself. Overall just being much more intelligent and it is helping me enjoy the game so much more.
Nicely done Jesse! It was great to get out and play today. Conditions were a little tough, standing water on the tees is alway fun

Nicely done Jesse! It was great to get out and play today. Conditions were a little tough, standing water on the tees is alway fun

Thanks man! I am so glad that we got out and played I had a blast, glad you and the boy could make it out. Your banter was cracking me up made me forget about all the water.

On a side note I had to paint when I got back ugh....... hahaha

Struggled some today as expected with the 2 week layoff.

47/42=89
8/14 FW
3/18 GIR (all on back)
34 putts

Driver was very good today for the most part. Had a case of thins & hard draws on the front that really hurt.

Hit some quality shots on the back to leave me birdie putts I couldn't convert. Not sure that the SB1 sees the course again....I'm just too much better with the M5x.

Thanks man! I am so glad that we got out and played I had a blast, glad you and the boy could make it out. Your banter was cracking me up made me forget about all the water.

On a side note I had to paint when I got back ugh....... hahaha

we should played another 9. It would of fixed the paint misery part of the day.

we should played another 9. It would of fixed the paint misery part of the day.

Damn that would have been smart why didnt i think of that.

Finished up our Presidents Cup event today by beating the owner of the course 2 and 1. He plays to a 4 cap so I am really happy with how it turned out. He had to give me a stroke on 9 and 18 (yeah they had me at a 6...) but the match didnt make it to 18 so technically I didnt need the strokes. I was 3 over (including a triple) when it ended so I am very happy. I had almost forgot how great golf is when you hit fairways and greens.

I finished 3-1 over the matches and our team won big. Add beautiful weather to the mix and it was a great weekend. Only bad thing is that it will be about 3 weeks before I can play again and thats if the weather cooperates.

Awesome, congrats sparks!! Solid playing dude.

Awesome, congrats sparks!! Solid playing dude.

Thanks buddy. I was grouped with the owner, the club champion and the senior club champion so I got to see a lot of good golf shots and I feel like I just fed off them

First 18 since July. Played at an exclusive club in the area and had a fun surprise. I was warming up pre round and Jerry Pate comes and starts hitting balls 6 feet away. He asked me a question about the area and we chatted it up a bit. That was my first time ever talking to a major winner so it was a great start to the day. Round went pretty well after continuing to knock off some rust. 46-40 for an 86. I'm still struggling with a shortened back swing and my drives are leaving me with a lot of hybrids and long irons on holes over 420. Hoping that as the back continues to heal that I can work it out.

Played 18 today and shot a 99 lost by one stroke. Kept on topping my new amp cell 3 wood. Anyone have tips or thoughts why I could hit irons fine but topped with my fairway wood.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk now Free

97...19 shots worse than yeaterday...just terrible

Finished up our Presidents Cup event today by beating the owner of the course 2 and 1. He plays to a 4 cap so I am really happy with how it turned out. He had to give me a stroke on 9 and 18 (yeah they had me at a 6...) but the match didnt make it to 18 so technically I didnt need the strokes. I was 3 over (including a triple) when it ended so I am very happy. I had almost forgot how great golf is when you hit fairways and greens.

I finished 3-1 over the matches and our team won big. Add beautiful weather to the mix and it was a great weekend. Only bad thing is that it will be about 3 weeks before I can play again and thats if the weather cooperates.

Congrats on the win!

97...19 shots worse than yeaterday...just terrible

Ouch dude

Yeah it happens...I guess

Still had a good time...which is all that matters

Yeah it happens...I guess

Still had a good time...which is all that matters

Well it's not like you've been busy or anything. So not sure why you haven't been playing or practicing

Good time is all that matters

Well it's not like you've been busy or anything. So not sure why you haven't been playing or practicing

Good time is all that matters

Beats me...shot 78 though just 20 hours before that lol

Played 27 holes today.

First 18: 43/45 for an 88. 10 of 14 fairways, 8 of 19 GIR. 1 Birdie, 4 pars, 9 bogies, 4 dbl bogies. 42 total putts!!!!!!! Six 3-putts and one 4-putt. Edit to add - I had one chip in as well, so that was 42 putts over 17 holes. Worst putting day ever.

9 hole round: 41. 5 of 7 fairways, 4 of 9 GIR. 5 pars, 3 bogies, 1 dbl bogey. 17 putts.

Struck the ball much better than my score showed. My experiment with the counterbalanced SeeMore has come to an end after today. Just can't seem to get a feel for putts inside 12 feet with it. The putter worked well for me in some areas but have figured out that it is not the one for me. I'll be listing it on the marketplace later this evening. Time to get back to my Odyssey Backstryke.

Last edited:
4 Over 76. I finally found a course in the Charleston area I can call a home course. Stono Ferry is beautiful, challenging, and in great shape.

4 Over 76. I finally found a course in the Charleston area I can call a home course. Stono Ferry is beautiful, challenging, and in great shape.

Stono Ferry is nice! I've played it twice. Love that stretch along the river. Gorgeous!

It really is, the condition was really nice too. I fell in love with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back