Super Stroke Putter grips all you want to know

I've never used a putter with one of these grips and after doing a little research today I'm super confused. I understand the idea of how they work/help but have watched a few conflicting videos on YouTube. Some say that if you have a shoulder controlled putter stroke you should consider a SS grip, and if you have a swing where you hinge your wrist on the backswing then stick with a traditional grip.
HUH:confused2:
I was taught that there shouldn't be any wrist hinge in the putting stroke and that the shoulders should control it, as in the shoulders should just rock. I've found since returning to the game that my putting is a little erratic, it could just be that I need to develop the feel I used to have but I really do think part of the issue is my wrists are hinging a little. Any advice?

Don't take much stock in what kind of putting stroke should be using a SS grip. You should just be concerned with comfort. Make your regular stroke with a SS and see how it feels. If you can find your consistent stroke with it and it feels comfortable to you, use it. If not, try a different size. If none of them feel comfortable or you have trouble with your stroke with them, don't use them.

I went to my 3.0 because I liked how the grip would rest in my palms and I could lock my wrists steady. I just plain liked how it felt.

I like the stock pistolero grip on the Scotty but it's just not for me. I'm going to be in Christchurch next week for an MRI of my wrist and will get to shop to try these grips.

SS 2.0 and have definitely noticed more consistent putting!!!

I really want the black and silver one they have in one of their pictures to go on my odyssey protype black putter but they only sell them in Japan? I'm very confused why they would have one color combination that they won't sell in the US but all others they sell in every market. Doesn't make much sense to me. Oh well.

I really want the black and silver one they have in one of their pictures to go on my odyssey protype black putter but they only sell them in Japan? I'm very confused why they would have one color combination that they won't sell in the US but all others they sell in every market. Doesn't make much sense to me. Oh well.
I hope they change their minds on this.. I'm in the same boat wanting the black/silver model and have been waiting for them to make them available. Now seeing this, I might be the stubborn customer and never buy one of their grips again.

Just put the 3.0 on my versa #7

My neighbor ordered me the 2.0, will probably take to golfsmith to install. I have no idea how to do it, you guys have any experience with Golfsmith or Golf Glaxy for grip work?
I put my fatso no by myself on a 30 year old ping pal. Hardest part was getting the 30+ year old grip and tape off. Try it yourself, its easy.

I've had golfsmith regrip clubs (irons, driver and putter). They do a good job.

Put a black, white and silver 3.0 on my S/C today, its completely changed my putting stroke, for the better! Love it and can't understand why more people use them?

I put my fatso no by myself on a 30 year old ping pal. Hardest part was getting the 30+ year old grip and tape off. Try it yourself, its easy.

I ended up helping the guy at the shop put mine on. He was 140lbs soaking wet and built like a stick insect. No matter how much solvent he put on he couldn't get the grip on. 10seconds and I had it on the whole way, lol. They definitely are a tight fit.

So I think I've found a winner. Tried the 3.0 for a bit and it's just a touch too big for me I think. Feels a little akward. Grabbed another orange 2.0 for the SS12 and a green one for my SS11.

I want to try a flatso. Have yet to find one in a store or even roll a putt with it. But it intrigues me.

I am thinking next time I am in a big box store I am going to pick up a 2.0 and give it a try.

I've been able to try a 1.0 and 2.0 and have to say I prefer the 2.0 by a wide margin. It just forces me to use my shoulders and quiets my wrists.

I want to try a flatso. Have yet to find one in a store or even roll a putt with it. But it intrigues me.

I am absolutely sold on the Fatso. Gonna help me putt lights out, or at least way better. Huge results already.

I have the 2.0 on a White Hot Tour #9 and the 1.0 on my FGP. Both are way better than a stock grip, but I prefer the 1.0 by far.

Saw a Black and Silver sell on Ebay today for $51.00. They are super good loooking and super hard to find. As are the Master's Editions.

Have the fatso 5.0 on my ping g5i and luv it so far, made a huge improvement on my putts inside 10 feet, and about the same on long putts as the stock grip

I am ready to jump on the bandwagon as soon as my current putter needs regripped.

I am ready to jump on the bandwagon as soon as my current putter needs regripped.

Sure was alot of em in Iowa this weekend.

tappin from my big as note2

These grips have improved my putting tremendously over the past year. Wasn't crazy about the feel at first, but after a few sessions on the putting green, I started noticing an improvement. Give em a shot.

Super Stroke Putter grips all you want to know

It takes all the hands out of putting for me, i find myself rarely pulling or pushing putts, if i miss its a miss read or weight now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Back