Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys, so here is my dilemma. I've got $300 to spend, so do I get the Razr Fit Xtreme driver or the FT OptiForce? I think key to me is shaft honestly. I'd like to get a shaft with a high kick point so I can get a low/mid ball flight. I'd like to get an upgrade shaft, but I don't have the extra to spend on that. I think I need to go to Golf Galaxy or some place like that this coming weekend and see both on a launch monitor to really iron this out, but I'd love to hear your take, and which shaft would be better.

Thanks, guys!

If you're only looking at Cally, is there a reason you aren't considering the XH or XH Pro?

Ok guys, so here is my dilemma. I've got $300 to spend, so do I get the Razr Fit Xtreme driver or the FT OptiForce? I think key to me is shaft honestly. I'd like to get a shaft with a high kick point so I can get a low/mid ball flight. I'd like to get an upgrade shaft, but I don't have the extra to spend on that. I think I need to go to Golf Galaxy or some place like that this coming weekend and see both on a launch monitor to really iron this out, but I'd love to hear your take, and which shaft would be better.

Thanks, guys!

Have you checked http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com yet? The RFE listings there have a pretty wide assortment of shafts available, and most are well under $300. They don't have the Optiforce available yet though.

Puma Faas Light's just because.

After 9 yrs with my 690.mb ive discovered its time fir some new irons. Getting fitted at the end kf the month..pondering taylormade rbz tours, x hot pros or jpx 825 pros....decisions decisions

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk now Free

I dont know much about the other two, but the XHP's are awesome. I love mine

Callaway's were my first irons when I started chasing the ball.. always have respect for the abuse they took..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk now Free

Thanks, guys!

Real tough life you live. "I HAVE to spend $300 bucks on a driver...ugh, which one do I get...I just don't know."

Wow, that was uncalled for

They are brothers SharkMan.

Wow, that was uncalled for

I initially thought so but I believe it was sarcasm as they are friends from Kansas. (I could be wrong)

Edit: Brothers

My apologies then. Let him have it.

Yes, Callawaygolfpro and I ARE brothers...twin brothers to be exact, so that comment doesn't phase me! lol

To answer your question, yes I have tried the X-Hot driver and the RFX at a Callaway Demo day this last summer. From hitting the two, with different stiff flex shafts in both, I felt like I liked the feel, flight and sound of the RFX a bit better. However both seemed to have about the same distance, so it's just a personal take on the club. I have not hit the OptiForce driver at all yet, but I have heard great things about it, and read the reviews from the guys on here that have.

P.S...Callawaygolfpro, I WAS thinking about GIVING you my FT Tour, but now....not so much. lol

Have you checked http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com yet? The RFE listings there have a pretty wide assortment of shafts available, and most are well under $300. They don't have the Optiforce available yet though.

Yes, I was looking there this morning and trying to see which one I would buy...due to saving some cash. Plus I could get a different upgrade shaft too...possibly. You're right though, they don't have the OptiForce on there yet, and that's a bummer.

Are you actually a golf (club?) pro sponsored by Callaway?

He was a club pro for a number of years Thain, but not anymore...he'd LIKE to still be able to take advantage of the PDU costs from Callaway like he use to have, but with this new job...not so much available anymore. BUT, not due to lack of trying though.

Puma Faas Light's just because.

Because they are stupid comfy. Love the mesh version I got last week, will have the regular Lites soon as well.

Because they are stupid comfy. Love the mesh version I got last week, will have the regular Lites soon as well.

$59 shipped on ebay. Just cant decide on size. Normally wear 10.5 wide. But they dont make wide. Thinking about going 11 in black. The non-mesh version.

Agent Jay, FWIW I really didn't like the RFX head - it just never felt right to me, kinda dead. I would take a look at the XH or XHP driver, that one really clicked with me when I demoed it. Has a really nice sound, and feels great in the center. But, that's just my opinion, I'm sure lots loved the RFX.

My ponder is still wedges, but it's past the initial stages and now I'm looking for the right set of 54-58 to pull the trigger on. A couple deals fell through, but I just saw one for some Cally Forged Copper wedges - anyone have any experience with these? They're really cheap, so want to look into it.

Are you actually a golf (club?) pro sponsored by Callaway?

I was a club pro for 5 years, taught full time at GolfTEC for 3 years. I was a staff professional since the day I turned pro in 2003. Sadly I don't have my personal use discount with them any longer. I've never got my amateur status back so I'm still a professional and I'll be Callaway forever.

I was a club pro for 5 years, taught full time at GolfTEC for 3 years. I was a staff professional since the day I turned pro in 2003. Sadly I don't have my personal use discount with them any longer. I've never got my amateur status back so I'm still a professional and I'll be Callaway forever.

Are you a currently working as a professional?

TTing

Yes, Callawaygolfpro and I ARE brothers...twin brothers to be exact, so that comment doesn't phase me! lol

To answer your question, yes I have tried the X-Hot driver and the RFX at a Callaway Demo day this last summer. From hitting the two, with different stiff flex shafts in both, I felt like I liked the feel, flight and sound of the RFX a bit better. However both seemed to have about the same distance, so it's just a personal take on the club. I have not hit the OptiForce driver at all yet, but I have heard great things about it, and read the reviews from the guys on here that have.

P.S...Callawaygolfpro, I WAS thinking about GIVING you my FT Tour, but now....not so much. lol

I would take your FT Tour and then trade it in with my FT-9 Tour to get something else! Just being honest...

Are you a currently working as a professional?

TTing

I am the golf program coordinator for USA Athletes International. Basically I set up golf trips for anyone wanting to play golf outside of the US. The company is a non-profit so we can beat anyone's pricing and give people more things as the same time. Plus I get to take my clubs when we go on trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back