Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha, from what I have heard the 4W is a good bit easier to hit off the deck while still having ample distance off the tee.

If someone did not get along with the 3w, will they likely struggle with the 4w? Not insinuating you said that, just asking your opinion.

Depends on what their struggle is, the 4w has been a fix off the deck for many for sure. It's like a told you today, the added loft helps a ton there.

What shaft do you have in it?

Diamana Kai'li 70. I loved that shaft in an R11 3 wood a couple of years ago, but I guess my swing has changed a little bit.

Spend a couple bucks and throw a bit of lead tape on the back of the club first. It helped me feel the head a little better.

Off the deck, well nothing has won that battle haha

Not a big fan of lead tape to be honest. It's now in my head that I won't hit that club well.

Depends on what their struggle is, the 4w has been a fix off the deck for many for sure. It's like a told you today, the added loft helps a ton there.

That's true and the reason why I like 4 woods a good bit, but I use my fairway wood about 80% of the time off of the tee. I wonder if a 3Deep or something like that makes more sense.

If I wanted an off the deck a lot of the time fairway, I can say without a doubt I would go buy a Baffler. This was lethal this last week in Cali, I was stunned.

Switching to a 4W helped me off the deck tremendously and did not result is a big loss in distance.

Switching to a 4W helped me off the deck tremendously and did not result is a big loss in distance.

This is my very early experience with the XHP 4W as well. Still plenty of distance for me without being too long for a FW which is the case for some with the 3 deep.

When I hit fairway off the deck, I always played a 4w for that reason, now though I look at it as if I need to pull fairway wood for a green, I need to lay up.

The Baffler 3w though, was lethal. Freddie can vouch for it.

I didn't, I guess you rolled that well

He's an animal with the T-frame, it's the damnedest thing. Ugly little dude is a weapon in his hands!

When I hit fairway off the deck, I always played a 4w for that reason, now though I look at it as if I need to pull fairway wood for a green, I need to lay up.

The Baffler 3w though, was lethal. Freddie can vouch for it.

Interesting thought there. A few things need to be going for me to go at a green with my 4W off the deck. It's because of that that I have been contemplating going with a 3W to give me a better yardage gap off the tee.

Interesting thought there. A few things need to be going for me to go at a green with my 4W off the deck. It's because of that that I have been contemplating going with a 3W to give me a better yardage gap off the tee.

Precisely why I moved to 3w.

Although I'm now bidding on a Cobra Baffler 16* 3w head only, see if I can get it for a song.

Not a big fan of lead tape to be honest. It's now in my head that I won't hit that club well

Ah bummer. The club just needs a firm talking to, or threatened to drag it behind a car. That seems to help some.

I hope my putter is listening right now to the above.

I realized I rarely ever used my 3w into a green and now have all but taken the thought away going to a 13.5 910fd. Before, when I did use it, it rarely turned out well. For me to try that shot now, I need roughly an area the size of an airport runway to pull it off.

Ah bummer. The club just needs a firm talking to, or threatened to drag it behind a car. That seems to help some.

I hope my putter is listening right now to the above.

You have a solution coming to the putter woes. Don't sweat it.

High launching, stiff flex driver and 3w shaft. Hit am 'ilima 3w shaft today curtesy of Canadan and it was incredible.

High launching, stiff flex driver and 3w shaft. Hit am 'ilima 3w shaft today curtesy of Canadan and it was incredible.

You can hit mine mwahhahahahahaha if u come to Columbus :)

Sounds like the perfect excuse to go!

We can tee it up again whenever we both have a day off. Columbus would be cool too

And to be clear there is nothing high launch about my set up, hence my cynical mwahhahahahahaha laugh

My speed was good on most of my putts today but I didn't make as many as I should have inside of 8 feet. I think I need a counter-balanced putter ASAP.

I am pondering a SeeMore....I used one at Dunn last week and I had no idea what I was missing. Since I started playing 1.5 yrs ago, I have been pleased with my Odyssey white hot mallet with superstroke 3.0.......but now I am dreaming of the SeeMore FGP (ptm1)...also with a superstroke of course.

What a difference in feel!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My speed was good on most of my putts today but I didn't make as many as I should have inside of 8 feet. I think I need a counter-balanced putter ASAP.

What you looking for? I have a few SeeMores and Cleveland Almost belly's about to hit the market I think.

The pondering has begun. After rolling a few Seemores this weekend, thanks Grins and Chris, I think it is time. Looking to pick up a FGP or M1. Goung to be fun...

Best route eBAY or directly from SeeMore?

The pondering has begun. After rolling a few Seemores this weekend, thanks Grins and Chris, I think it is time. Looking to pick up a FGP or M1. Goung to be fun...

eBay is ready to buy used. Always some decent deals out there it seems. SeeMore if you want new so you can choose grip & headcover.

eBay is ready to buy used. Always some decent deals out there it seems. SeeMore if you want new so you can choose grip & headcover.

Cookie is correct. Also if you buy a used one on eBay that isn't the correct length or lie angle, you can contact SeeMore directly and they will reshaft, adjust the lie angle, new grip and a headcover for a nominal fee. Regardless of where you get it you will be part of the SeeMore family. It's a great place to be. Good luck!

Sox Fan currently has an M1 in the marketplace at a good price. If the specs aren't right, as people have mentioned, it's pretty inexpensive to send it in to Seemore for adjustments and a quick turnaround to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back