Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised they didn't keep you on staff

TTing

The staff program with Callaway is nothing like Taylor Made or similar companies. TM will give anyone that turns pro a staff deal. Callaway has never been like that. You have to want to be on staff with Callaway and you have to pay for your equipment. The only thing I ever got from them while on staff was a staff bag, a few dozen golf balls here and there and some gloves. Everything else I paid for using my Personal Use Discount.

I would LOVE to be on staff with them again. I'm all Callaway all the time regardless, but it would be nice to be able to get my equipment at discount again.

Agent Jay, FWIW I really didn't like the RFX head - it just never felt right to me, kinda dead. I would take a look at the XH or XHP driver, that one really clicked with me when I demoed it. Has a really nice sound, and feels great in the center. But, that's just my opinion, I'm sure lots loved the RFX.

My ponder is still wedges, but it's past the initial stages and now I'm looking for the right set of 54-58 to pull the trigger on. A couple deals fell through, but I just saw one for some Cally Forged Copper wedges - anyone have any experience with these? They're really cheap, so want to look into it.

I just checked on callawaypreowned for the wedges you were looking for. If you choose a 54, 56, & 58 all in "Like New" condition they have free shipping right now and if you use code MYRTM20 you get an extra 20% off...so your at $213.93 to your door. Just an idea!

$59 shipped on ebay. Just cant decide on size. Normally wear 10.5 wide. But they dont make wide. Thinking about going 11 in black. The non-mesh version.

The mesh at least have a very wide toe area and are quite roomy.

The mesh at least have a very wide toe area and are quite roomy.

I have never had luck with Puma shoes fitting so I think I may go try some on tonight and see how they fit.

I would take your FT Tour and then trade it in with my FT-9 Tour to get something else! Just being honest...

It's not worth much according to Callawaypreowned...all of $25-$30, so there is that. If I get a RFX driver and 3 wood, plus trade in my FT Tour and current 3 wood, with the free shipping and 20% off I might have to come out of my pocket $14 to do that deal. Just have to make sure that I really want the RFX and not the OptiForce instead. Might need to hit up Golf Warehouse before the game on Saturday morning. Think Lori will watch Austin while you and I run down there to hit a few on the launch monitor?

I just checked on callawaypreowned for the wedges you were looking for. If you choose a 54, 56, & 58 all in "Like New" condition they have free shipping right now and if you use code MYRTM20 you get an extra 20% off...so your at $213.93 to your door. Just an idea!

Good idea, but I only need 54 and 58! Reason I asked is I saw a deal on rockbottom for a 54 and a 58 of those Forged Copper, brand new, for $120, which sounds like a STEAL. Have you hit these? I just get a little leary when I see stuff for that cheap haha, I worry that maybe there were some issues with that particular model.

It's not worth much according to Callawaypreowned...all of $25-$30, so there is that. If I get a RFX driver and 3 wood, plus trade in my FT Tour and current 3 wood, with the free shipping and 20% off I might have to come out of my pocket $14 to do that deal. Just have to make sure that I really want the RFX and not the OptiForce instead. Might need to hit up Golf Warehouse before the game on Saturday morning. Think Lori will watch Austin while you and I run down there to hit a few on the launch monitor?

We could hit up Golfsmith. Austin loves putting on the green there, just depends on if they will be open before you all need to head to Arrowhead.

All this pondering made me spend money...you guys aren't good on my wallet.

Just went on callawaygolfpreowned.com and bought an XHot Pro 18* hybrid with the RIP Alpha HY 85 x-stiff graphite shaft in like new condition. Oh and then in order to get the 20% discount I bought a new Callaway Players towel. Basically with the discount I got the towel for free. I've needed a hybrid for a while, I've had a massive gap between my 3w and 3iron for far too long.

Good idea, but I only need 54 and 58! Reason I asked is I saw a deal on rockbottom for a 54 and a 58 of those Forged Copper, brand new, for $120, which sounds like a STEAL. Have you hit these? I just get a little leary when I see stuff for that cheap haha, I worry that maybe there were some issues with that particular model.

I have not personally hit the Forged Copper wedges, but Callaway wedges are really good (I have a 56* jaws wedge I like), so if they are brand new and only $120 for the two...that sounds like a good deal to me.

Just went on callawaygolfpreowned.com and bought an XHot Pro 18* hybrid with the RIP Alpha HY 85 x-stiff graphite shaft in like new condition. Oh and then in order to get the 20% discount I bought a new Callaway Players towel. Basically with the discount I got the towel for free. I've needed a hybrid for a while, I've had a massive gap between my 3w and 3iron for far too long.

There you go bro! NICE! You'll love that for sure, my boss has a XHot hybrid and that club is LOOONG!

for whatever reason, the 2 bar putters from Rife have intrigued me. This one especially.

112041759.jpg

112041769.jpg

112041770.jpg

Nice!!! Now you just need a different putter and you'll be Callaway 100%, save for the bag you were using on saturday.

Nice!!! Now you just need a different putter and you'll be Callaway 100%, save for the bag you were using on saturday.

I like my custom fitted putter, it feels good and rolls well and I'm used to it. If I were to switch putters I would go to an Odyssey though, no doubt. I'm not a fan of Nike but that will be my bag for a while...unless Callaway gives me another bag with my name on it!

I like my custom fitted putter, it feels good and rolls well and I'm used to it. If I were to switch putters I would go to an Odyssey though, no doubt. I'm not a fan of Nike but that will be my bag for a while...unless Callaway gives me another bag with my name on it!

LOL! How many bags, counting the new Nike, do you have with your name on it now?

I am lookingt hard into the irons that I mentioned the other day. The XHot Pros, the I20s, the 825 Pros, and not sure what else. I should have about $650 to spend before anything has to come out of pocket. My bigger concern with pretty much anything is going to be my gaps now between my wedges and the irons when I get new ones.I like my current wedge set up, so not sure what I will do when it comes time for new irons. I guess I will have to start with a full fitting, which I've never done before, to figure out everything. But that's spring time, so I have plenty of time for contemplation.

Shoes, bags and irons.

I've only had my shoes since February, but I've played so much, they're worn out. Pondering the Lunar Controls or the TW '13s.

My bag is a carry bag because I told myself I'd start walking more, too bad all of my friends are just as lazy as I am. Pondering something from Sun Mountain.

I love my R11 irons, but I've struggled with the mid irons and long irons off the tee. Pondering a set of this past year's X-Hot irons. I love having my yardages figured out to a couple of yards with the R11s. My Burner 2.0s were inconsistent, but they were unbelievably forgiving. Just trying to figure out a gameplan going forward.

I hit the Forged Copper at the Demo Day and was very impressed with it. Nice weighting, similar to the Vokey, I like the head shape, seem to spin nicely as the range balls I was hitting was stopping nicely at the flag. I cant remember what shaft, but I was thinking I would like something a little heavier, maybe had a S200 in it. Nice feel, very soft and the turf interaction was great. I think it might have had a C-Grind, but I can't remember. I would say for 120 for a pair, thats a solid deal and would jump on it myself if those lofts jived with what I wanted. And the Copper patinas and wore very nicely.

You may want to check the Callaway Pre Owned seller on eBay (callawaygolfpreowned). I bought a 54 and 58 from them in Like New condition earlier this summer, and they came in wrappers. You may find your 54 and 58 pair for less than the $120 that way.

I have really enjoyed the dark chrome ones so far.

I hit the Forged Copper at the Demo Day and was very impressed with it. Nice weighting, similar to the Vokey, I like the head shape, seem to spin nicely as the range balls I was hitting was stopping nicely at the flag. I cant remember what shaft, but I was thinking I would like something a little heavier, maybe had a S200 in it. Nice feel, very soft and the turf interaction was great. I think it might have had a C-Grind, but I can't remember. I would say for 120 for a pair, thats a solid deal and would jump on it myself if those lofts jived with what I wanted. And the Copper patinas and wore very nicely.

You may want to check the Callaway Pre Owned seller on eBay (callawaygolfpreowned). I bought a 54 and 58 from them in Like New condition earlier this summer, and they came in wrappers. You may find your 54 and 58 pair for less than the $120 that way.

I have really enjoyed the dark chrome ones so far.

Thanks fellas - I have a trade possible right now that could hook me up with some Mizuno MP T10's, but if that falls through I think this is the route I will go. Really like what I'm hearing about these.

Not really equipment but lessons

new gap wedge

new gap wedge

I love the AMP Cell Pro gap wedge. I have been pondering irons like crazy. Apex with Recoils at the top of that list. Rumors of the AMP Forged replacements and winter weather will allow me to wait until at least the PGA show before I move on the ponders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back