The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the "attract more flies with honey" department:

"Hey, would you mind putting that cigarette out? It could cause the fumes from the pump to catch fire and explode. Thanks."

I know I could have been more polite. And I don't normally lose my cool like that. I went from calm to boiling in a nano second. I do feel bad about it. Normally when I say something off the cuff it usually is something funny. But not this time.

On a side note... I wonder if shooting the highest round I've had in 2 years had something to do with it. :banghead:

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Just reach around and hit their emergency stop button. Then proclaim, "YAY! I saved lives today!"

That's funny.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Just reach around and hit their emergency stop button. Then proclaim, "YAY! I saved lives today!"

I've never seen a station with buttons for each pump, generally one button shuts off all the pumps.

That button sets off the fire alarm and depending on the gas station and the protection system they have over the pumps it may discharge foam. This would be a costly ha ha moment.

Plus setting off a fire alarm intentionally with out a perceived fire threat can come with fines and criminal charges.

[wetblanket]
I've never seen a station with buttons for each pump, generally one button shuts off all the pumps.

That button sets off the fire alarm and depending on the gas station and the protection system they have over the pumps it may discharge foam. This would be a costly ha ha moment.

Plus setting off a fire alarm intentionally with out a perceived fire threat can come with fines and criminal charges.
[/wetblacket]

I would think an open flame around flammable gasoline fumes could be perceived as a threat.

Blu

It's a fine line, a very fine line and not one I'd walk.

So the people that were doing repairs on our kitchen had to take down the chandelier in our dining room during those repairs. Somehow, in the process of doing that or when they were trying to re-install the chandelier, they blew out a transformer that supplied the chandelier....or at least that was their working diagnosis. The electricians came back out to the house today and tried 3 different transformers, and none of them work. So my guess (I wasn't home at the time) is that there's another part that is defective in the chandelier, but now they're telling us that we probably need to get a new one.

I need a ruling here: am I out of line to ask them to pay for our new one? My reasoning is that we didn't do anything to the chandelier and that it was working perfectly before they messed with it.

Ary I say they are responsible. They who are not certified electricians messed with electric and screwed it up.

If they are contractors I'd call their foreman(whoever quoted you the job) or the office and talk to a supervisor. Hopefully they will take care of the chandelier and the electricians bill.

So the people that were doing repairs on our kitchen had to take down the chandelier in our dining room during those repairs. Somehow, in the process of doing that or when they were trying to re-install the chandelier, they blew out a transformer that supplied the chandelier....or at least that was their working diagnosis. The electricians came back out to the house today and tried 3 different transformers, and none of them work. So my guess (I wasn't home at the time) is that there's another part that is defective in the chandelier, but now they're telling us that we probably need to get a new one.

I need a ruling here: am I out of line to ask them to pay for our new one? My reasoning is that we didn't do anything to the chandelier and that it was working perfectly before they messed with it.

IMO, if it worked before the messed with it, they need to make sure it works after or pay for a replacement. Don't know all the details, but on the surface I would say you would be right to make that request.

Their work caused the part to break. They should replace it.

Depending on how much the part costs, it may be worth having another electrician look at it to verify what happened, in case you need to force the issue.

You could also be entitled to pain and suff -- nevermind. I've already said too much.

So every fall/winter since I was a kid, I've had problems with nose bleeds. When the air gets dry, anything can set it off; blowing my nose too hard, sneezing, or even just sitting doing nothing. This year we met our deductible having a kid, so I decided to get it taken care of and get it cauterized today. I don't know if the topical anesthetic didn't have enough time to take effect, or what the deal was, but boy did it hurt. The worst part is that 4 hours later it still hurts and now I have to put cream in my nose twice a day for 6 weeks. Here's hoping I'm done suffering from nose bleeds and it will all be worth it, but right now I'm questioning my decision making.

In my opinion it's their responsibility to either fully repair the fixture, or provide you with a full replacement. It's the ethical thing to do, and one day they will be looking for a referral.

Neb I am going with the right decision. Hope the pain goes away soon.

On the bright side there's worse places you could have to put cream for 6 weeks

Ary I say they are responsible. They who are not certified electricians messed with electric and screwed it up.

If they are contractors I'd call their foreman(whoever quoted you the job) or the office and talk to a supervisor. Hopefully they will take care of the chandelier and the electricians bill.

IMO, if it worked before the messed with it, they need to make sure it works after or pay for a replacement. Don't know all the details, but on the surface I would say you would be right to make that request.

Their work caused the part to break. They should replace it.

Depending on how much the part costs, it may be worth having another electrician look at it to verify what happened, in case you need to force the issue.

You could also be entitled to pain and suff -- nevermind. I've already said too much.

In my opinion it's their responsibility to either fully repair the fixture, or provide you with a full replacement. It's the ethical thing to do, and one day they will be looking for a referral.

Thanks for the input guys. I try not to be confrontational and press the issue a lot, but this issue really upset me. It was the one piece of the kitchen and dining room we told them to keep when we were doing our renovation, and they managed to screw that up.

Hope they figure it out for you!

Thanks. It looks like I may have been allergic to the first prescription. New meds are in place. I still look like I took a beat down from a big dude with a heavy right hand, but at least I can open it now and it doesn't hurt. #happyforanyprogress

Thanks. It looks like I may have been allergic to the first prescription. New meds are in place. I still look like I took a beat down from a big dude with a heavy right hand, but at least I can open it now and it doesn't hurt. #happyforanyprogress

Glad you got it taken care of and that your allergy to the first one was only minor.

Woke up this morning to see that someone stole my kids pumpkins off my porch. So pissed off seeing my kids so upset. Im going to buy a larger one and sit up all night.

What a way to start the day off.

Wife stayed home with the baby today after I did yesterday. Poor girl had a 104 temp last night. It was 102 this morning before my wife gave her some motrin. I am back at work and I feel like whatever the baby has, I am getting it. Hot and cold chills. Dizzy. Nauseous. This should be a fun day. I hope I am not pregnant.

Just read in the HHJJ thread that Jman is off to the course to play 36 holes in nice weather.....while I am sat in the office at work looking at rain outside

We need to move somewhere warmer!

Wife stayed home with the baby today after I did yesterday. Poor girl had a 104 temp last night. It was 102 this morning before my wife gave her some motrin. I am back at work and I feel like whatever the baby has, I am getting it. Hot and cold chills. Dizzy. Nauseous. This should be a fun day. I hope I am not pregnant.

You'd make an excellent mother FWIW Ricky. :alien:

Hope you AND the little one start feeling better, it's that time of the year for this crap to start going around and I haaaaaate it.

Hope you and the little one get better soon!

You'd make an excellent mother FWIW Ricky. :alien:

Hope you AND the little one start feeling better, it's that time of the year for this crap to start going around and I haaaaaate it.

Hahah thanks. I just feel so bad for her. She is such a happy kid. To see her just mope around and whine is heartbreaking. You can tell when the medicine kicks in because she starts giggling and having fun but that was few and far between the last few days.

Hahah thanks. I just feel so bad for her. She is such a happy kid. To see her just mope around and whine is heartbreaking. You can tell when the medicine kicks in because she starts giggling and having fun but that was few and far between the last few days.

This makes me sad. I don't handle little ones being sick well, just rips your heart out.

Woke up this morning to see that someone stole my kids pumpkins off my porch. So pissed off seeing my kids so upset. Im going to buy a larger one and sit up all night.

What a way to start the day off.

Get a really big one and sit inside it with a scary outfit on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back