SeeMore Putters Thread

I was supposed to have my first SPi lesson this morning but was rained out. Will try again next Tuesday, weather permitting.

Canadan - What did you show them?

A lot of it has to do with letting the putter start the setup without it being in your hands.

My process is to allow the club to lay flat (with my right hand holding it in the position i would when putting) with the rest of my body and left foot further back from my normal stance -- The right foot usually starts nearly on line with the ball naturally just around where my typical stance would be. I then walk into the putter, then apply the left hand and left foot into position.

What this seems to do is allow the putter to rock ever so slightly onto the toe, which guarantees that it's not raised in the air. It's something I've done all year as I played most of last year with the toe raised -- I'm a firm believer in modifying to suit your game, but I didn't think it was necessary to play one degree flat because my putting posture was bad.

I was supposed to have my first SPi lesson this morning but was rained out. Will try again next Tuesday, weather permitting.

In Jax? Who's doing it?

In Jax? Who's doing it?
I looked on their website before, and the only local instructor was at Edwin Watts on Bonneval. Wonder if their site is out of date?

I want an m6cs something fierce!

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!
the M6 looks good in both the platinum and the smoke.
I have one of each.
Just a beautiful compact putter.

A lot of it has to do with letting the putter start the setup without it being in your hands.

My process is to allow the club to lay flat (with my right hand holding it in the position i would when putting) with the rest of my body and left foot further back from my normal stance -- The right foot usually starts nearly on line with the ball naturally just around where my typical stance would be. I then walk into the putter, then apply the left hand and left foot into position.

What this seems to do is allow the putter to rock ever so slightly onto the toe, which guarantees that it's not raised in the air. It's something I've done all year as I played most of last year with the toe raised -- I'm a firm believer in modifying to suit your game, but I didn't think it was necessary to play one degree flat because my putting posture was bad.

It's basically what I do, rock it to the toe and fire away. My half twerk helps me get my feet in the same position everytime

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

In Jax? Who's doing it?

I looked on their website before, and the only local instructor was at Edwin Watts on Bonneval. Wonder if their site is out of date?

Tom Ashton, manager of Bonneval Edwin Watts. I used to work for him in college at that store. Good guy. Used to play mini-tours and such, I believe, in his younger days. Just completed his SPi certification a couple of weeks ago. Before that the closest guys were Orlando or Savannah.

Tom Ashton, manager of Bonneval Edwin Watts. I used to work for him in college at that store. Good guy. Used to play mini-tours and such, I believe, in his younger days. Just completed his SPi certification a couple of weeks ago. Before that the closest guys were Orlando or Savannah.
Right on, you said you got rained out so I was confused. Is the lesson/fitting in the store?

I really want that z3c after seeing it this weekend. Ive been practicing what chris told me, putting with my chest not my shoulders. Hope to get out this weekend to see if living room practice translates to the course.

Canadan you made a comment to me about trying a heavier head putter. What are your thoughts on some lead tape on the bottom of my db4 short term?

FedEx tracking number from SeeMore received... Hmmmm

I really want that z3c after seeing it this weekend. Ive been practicing what chris told me, putting with my chest not my shoulders. Hope to get out this weekend to see if living room practice translates to the course.

Canadan you made a comment to me about trying a heavier head putter. What are your thoughts on some lead tape on the bottom of my db4 short term?

Short term? I'd think a better short term solution would be moving to a lighter grip.. That can make the putter head feel heavier.

I think lead tape is a much more "long term' solution. Not a fan of the practice myself, but it certainly plays a role.

Short term? I'd think a better short term solution would be moving to a lighter grip.. That can make the putter head feel heavier.

I think lead tape is a much more "long term' solution. Not a fan of the practice myself, but it certainly plays a role.

Lead tape can be removed and so too can the residue. No reason to fear it, it doesn't hurt the putters feelings. :alien:

Lead tape can be removed and so too can the residue. No reason to fear it, it doesn't hurt the putters feelings. :alien:

Ward's putter disagree's. Literally heard it weep every stroke with that brick of lead tape. Haha

Tom & Jackie at that location are fantastic! I'll have to go do SPi with them soon!

Based upon the SPi instructors in my area it looks like I may be setting up some lessons with Chris Carfangia in the near future.

Just need to pick out that SeeMore.

Based upon the SPi instructors in my area it looks like I may be setting up some lessons with Chris Carfangia in the near future.

Make sure to tell him a Barb said hi!

Just call me...Barb

The best of the best right there!!!!!!!!! Enjoy it.

Ward's putter disagree's. Literally heard it weep every stroke with that brick of lead tape. Haha

Ward's putter won't weep much longer, thats all I can say about that.

Right on, you said you got rained out so I was confused. Is the lesson/fitting in the store?

No, he's setup to teach at the UNF Golfplex.

Tapatalk: Gently Tapped like a downhill three-footer.

Back