The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
VP challenges us to go after clients that are big bookers of our competition.
I identify a client doing so.
Put in request to show the client a product that we are best at in the industry.
VP turns down request.

My hands are in the air. Glad to be heading out for some golf therapy at 4pm.

Nate,
Best thoughts to your Mom and the rest of your family.

Just call me.... Barb

Sorry to hear this Nate, my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Thanks all, I have not seen her since they removed the mass a few weeks ago. My sisters are with her and she seems to be hanging in there ok.

Let me start this off by saying this may be better in the HHJJ thread....

I'm gonna start at the end though and work my way through it all. I apologize for any language but without it, the story isn't as good.

My store manager: "it's just Chris being Chris. Leave it be."
Me: "oh, you were there and heard his sh!t?"
Store manager: "no, but I know it isn't a big deal and you're making it one."
Skip ahead to me: "you can run this effing store by yourself then. I'm through."

So I opened our store yesterday at 8am and was scheduled to work until 5pm. Everything went great until about 2pm. Our fat, under worked and overpaid owner walks in and is just hunting for something to be wrong. Well he finds something stupid and insignificant and the fun begins.

Let me add this real quick. The owner is gone 15 days a month on vacation and maybe shows up once every 10 days to "check" on things. He literally knows nothing about how the store runs. Nothing. The store manager and I literally do everything and we're fine with that. But when he shows up, he is just looking to yell at us for something. We're used to it and let it go.

Back to the story, he goes after us for some stuff and then takes me in the fridge to "show" me something. The door closes and sh1t goes down. He starts cussing up a storm about the sour cream and how I suck at my job. He tells me I don't do s*** around here and I need to start working. So I tell him to fire me if I suck that bad. But no, he can't fire me because who's gonna clean up the mess he's making right now. The things he said were rude, disrespectful and insulting. So I walked out of the fridge, sat down and surfed the internet. He came out and told me to do "something else." I said, "fire me so I can." He just walked off puffing his chest.

He walks in, makes some food and goes to eat. I pass him in the kitchen and he tells me there is other stuff needing to be done. He won't say what this stuff is or anything. Just wants to walk around like he's king.

It is now 3:30 and I've eaten nothing all day. I have hypoglycemia and when my blood sugar tanks, I'm useless and get real unpleasant. So I ask my boss if I can eat now. Nope, I can't because the afternoon shift people are going on break. Wtf? I blew up at that point. He walked off and I didn't see him until 415. I told him I'm leaving early and he said no and asked if I wanted a break now. Really? I leave in 45 and NOW I can go eat?

This is where the first paragraph comes in.

At 455 my night crew shows up and asks how the day went. I tell them I quit and they all can't believe it. My "replacement" shows up and says I can head home. I take my apron off, throw it on the ground and walk out.

I'm so done working for a drunk that knows nothing about his own business.

On to better things!

#ImWithChad

I doubt you'll have little problem finding a better job rtparty. Good luck!

RT, his time will come. Don't worry you'll be rewarded with something better!

Yesterday was my last day as a cop. I had a dream last night that I sat and watched as one of my cop buddies was murdered. I never read much into dreams but that was still an awful feeling to wake up to

Don't really know how, but sliced the hell out of the back of my leg.
6 internal stitches, 14 outside.

I filleted myself.
Cool only about 9 hrs of work to do tonight.

Don't know who has a CJ voodoo doll, but I'd like to call a truce!

Just call me.... Barb

On to better things!

#ImWithChad

Yesterday was my last day as a cop. I had a dream last night that I sat and watched as one of my cop buddies was murdered. I never read much into dreams but that was still an awful feeling to wake up to

You'll both be better off. I don't know what it would be, but if either of you guys need anything, just let me know.

Ryan, you're probably looking to move to Florida now...

I'm happy for you Ryan you hated that Job, and now you are free to do what you want.

Now move to Florida

That's a rough dream to wake up out of man!

Don't really know how, but sliced the hell out of the back of my leg.
6 internal stitches, 14 outside.

I filleted myself.
Cool only about 9 hrs of work to do tonight.

Don't know who has a CJ voodoo doll, but I'd like to call a truce!

Just call me.... Barb

WTF dude! That's cray cray, take care of that leg.

Sorry to hear about your mom, Nate. I hope it all turns out okay.

Dang. I liked JT's dream a lot better. (And, truth be told, I didn't like his that much.)

Hopefully nothing comes from it. I find that dreams rarely lead to anything in reality.

Dang. I liked JT's dream a lot better. (And, truth be told, I didn't like his that much.)

Hopefully nothing comes from it. I find that dreams rarely lead to anything in reality.

Agreed, I don't think dreams predict anything

Retro-active rant (Sunday):

Apparently, 4 Points Sheraton is doing so well that they can refuse to check in people who do not have credit cards, even if they have pre-paid their rooms and offer a cash security deposit. Oh, and they're not too inclined to offer a refund.

Thankfully, Expedia.ca (who I made the booking through) gave me a refund, even though I'm pretty sure their terms and conditions do not require them to so.

To be fair to 4 Points Sheraton, they said they could accept a Visa debit card as long as my name was printed on it. I have a Visa debit card, which was given to me by my bank. It doubles as an ATM card. For some reason, my name does not appear on it. WTF? Gonna have to call my bank about this.

Anyway, I had no such hassle about cards with names at Quality Inn or AmericInn, so I'm not overly impressed with Sheraton for being so stringent.

Retro-active rant (Sunday):

Apparently, 4 Points Sheraton is doing so well that they can refuse to check in people who do not have credit cards, even if they have pre-paid their rooms and offer a cash security deposit. Oh, and they're not too inclined to offer a refund.

Thankfully, Expedia.ca (who I made the booking through) gave me a refund, even though I'm pretty sure their terms and conditions do not require them to so.

To be fair to 4 Points Sheraton, they said they could accept a Visa debit card as long as my name was printed on it. I have a Visa debit card, which was given to me by my bank. It doubles as an ATM card. For some reason, my name does not appear on it. WTF? Gonna have to call my bank about this.

Anyway, I had no such hassle about cards with names at Quality Inn or AmericInn, so I'm not overly impressed with Sheraton for being so stringent.

The only bad thing about using a debit card is that some places will put a hold on it for the amount of the security deposit and it may take a week or more to get it off. That can come as an unwelcome surprise to someone that doesn't have much extra cash in their account.

Nate, sorry to hear about your mom. Hope that all works out OK.

RT, man that sucks, as you said on to better things. You deserve better and he'll hopefully get his due. Karma is a .....

Michigan Slice, man you don't have to live up to your name. hehe Hope the leg heals quickly and without issue, that sounds pretty brutal.

I used to drink my Monster at lunch every day. Now I find myself cracking it open earlier and earlier. It's only 7:15 and I'm wanting it.

Let me start this off by saying this may be better in the HHJJ thread....

I'm gonna start at the end though and work my way through it all. I apologize for any language but without it, the story isn't as good.

My store manager: "it's just Chris being Chris. Leave it be."
Me: "oh, you were there and heard his sh!t?"
Store manager: "no, but I know it isn't a big deal and you're making it one."
Skip ahead to me: "you can run this effing store by yourself then. I'm through."

So I opened our store yesterday at 8am and was scheduled to work until 5pm. Everything went great until about 2pm. Our fat, under worked and overpaid owner walks in and is just hunting for something to be wrong. Well he finds something stupid and insignificant and the fun begins.

Let me add this real quick. The owner is gone 15 days a month on vacation and maybe shows up once every 10 days to "check" on things. He literally knows nothing about how the store runs. Nothing. The store manager and I literally do everything and we're fine with that. But when he shows up, he is just looking to yell at us for something. We're used to it and let it go.

Back to the story, he goes after us for some stuff and then takes me in the fridge to "show" me something. The door closes and sh1t goes down. He starts cussing up a storm about the sour cream and how I suck at my job. He tells me I don't do s*** around here and I need to start working. So I tell him to fire me if I suck that bad. But no, he can't fire me because who's gonna clean up the mess he's making right now. The things he said were rude, disrespectful and insulting. So I walked out of the fridge, sat down and surfed the internet. He came out and told me to do "something else." I said, "fire me so I can." He just walked off puffing his chest.

He walks in, makes some food and goes to eat. I pass him in the kitchen and he tells me there is other stuff needing to be done. He won't say what this stuff is or anything. Just wants to walk around like he's king.

It is now 3:30 and I've eaten nothing all day. I have hypoglycemia and when my blood sugar tanks, I'm useless and get real unpleasant. So I ask my boss if I can eat now. Nope, I can't because the afternoon shift people are going on break. Wtf? I blew up at that point. He walked off and I didn't see him until 415. I told him I'm leaving early and he said no and asked if I wanted a break now. Really? I leave in 45 and NOW I can go eat?

This is where the first paragraph comes in.

At 455 my night crew shows up and asks how the day went. I tell them I quit and they all can't believe it. My "replacement" shows up and says I can head home. I take my apron off, throw it on the ground and walk out.

I'm so done working for a drunk that knows nothing about his own business.

On to better things!

#ImWithChad

Yea RT - sometimes enough is enough. I will take a lot of things, but insulting, derogatory comments aren't one of them. No reason for that...

Small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, but still kind of sucky....
1381960820507_zps10542dd1.jpg

5 iron...I actually use it a fair amount. :(

Last edited:
Small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, but still kind of sucky....
1381960820507_zps10542dd1.jpg

5 iron...I actually use it a fair amount. :(

Apex. Irons.

You're welcome.

#ImWithChad

Apex. Irons.

You're welcome.

#ImWithChad

That was my very first thought: "Good thing I won't have to worry about this for very long."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back