First competition win!

JoeyJoeJo

Reaction score
Played the final of my works pairs comp today and won it!

It's a greensomes competition so everyone hits tee shots and then alternate shot from the favoured one.
Being short and wild off the tee, was very grateful to have solid long hitting partner so I was hitting most of the 2nd shots/approaches (thank you Cleveland!).

Was 3 down after 3 so didn't bode well but stopped the rot and then slowly brought it back to 1 down before going back to 2 down with 3 to play and won the last three.

In the first round we were 3 down after 6 and won it, 2nd round we were 4 down after 7 and won it so definitely need to work on starting stronger!

Didn't play stellar golf but super happy with the results, pleasing to win three separate matches.

Shot of the day for me was a 4i from 168yds, unsighted over a bush, to pin high on the green, 8ft from the flag. Go altitudes!

Congrats! I think we call that Pinehurst here. Very interesting format for sure and one that I have yet to try.

Good job dude and congratulations!

Congrats JJJ, nice comebacks for sure.

Congrats man, first win is always memorable!

Congratulations!

Well done Joey. Hopefully the first of many.

Congrats on the win JJJ!

Way to keep your head in it and pull it out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Congrats!

Great job Joey !

Congratulations on the win!

Congrats on the victory

Thanks guys!

I really enjoy the format, certainly worth trying if you haven't but I think it's really important to agree a "no apology" policy with your partner, just take each shot as it comes, good or bad!

Congrats!

Congrats JJ on the win and way to fight back each day and come out with the win.

Congrats on the win!

Congrats man! That's awesome. It doesn't always matter how you start as long as you finish it off.

Congrats!

C9ngrats on the win.

Congrats on the win.

WTG JJJ! Congrats.

Back