Cobra AMP CELL Hybrids & Fairway Woods Preview

The VTS black isn't working out for me. I need something not so stiff in my 4 hybrid. Canadan agreed I'm too weak for it. :banghead:

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

If anyone is looking to trade shafts send me a pm. Need to have the adapter for 3/4 hybrid. Not gonna start a thread. Figured this would suffice.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Man, this hybrid is becoming my go to club. 210 yard par 3, stuck a high draw to 4 ft. And drained the putt.

Played my first round with my Amp Cell 3/4 on Wednesday. I was sick on the front 9 and couldn't hit anything. Back 9 I felt 100 % better and didn't miss a fairway at all with the Amp Cell. Really good distance on it as well. On a couple holes I was only out driven by a few yards with the guys hitting drivers. Oh and the was no roll out as well due to wet fairways that had not been mowed (the fairways had been seeded) so the distance was really nice. I usually get a lot of roll so I am looking forward to getting the club back out on a mown fairway.

for these hybrids whats the best way to get the numbers dialed in? and what do most have there's set for and how often do you switch from a 3 to a 4?

for these hybrids whats the best way to get the numbers dialed in? and what do most have there's set for and how often do you switch from a 3 to a 4?

I needed a 210 yard club, so I got on a reliable launch monitor before I bought it and swapped settings until I found the 210 yard sweet spot. I ended up with it set at the standard 4 setting. I probably won't ever change it, unless my bag changed and I need to adjust it to fill a gap.

I think the best way would be using a launch monitor if that is an option. I basically just messed with them on the range and the course until I had the gaps where I needed them. The MyFly app is a good place to start as well. I only mess with the settings if I am changing something in the bag and need to fill a different gap.

I needed a 210 yard club, so I got on a reliable launch monitor before I bought it and swapped settings until I found the 210 yard sweet spot. I ended up with it set at the standard 4 setting. I probably won't ever change it, unless my bag changed and I need to adjust it to fill a gap.

I think the best way would be using a launch monitor if that is an option. I basically just messed with them on the range and the course until I had the gaps where I needed them. The MyFly app is a good place to start as well. I only mess with the settings if I am changing something in the bag and need to fill a different gap.

Yeah im going to go out to the range tomorrow and try and figure it out there. Then tomorrow night ill be in the Qaud cities and going to the Club House where ill be on the monitor so I can see my numbers. Hawk and Bhilln told me about this place and sounds like golf mecca for us around here, besides going up to Chicago.

I loved my Amp Cell Driver so much after my round last weekend I went online and bought the 3-4W & 5-7W, got a great deal $200 shipped. Now all I need to do is put a
Winn Dri-Tac Midsize with 2 extra wraps on each and I'll be set.

I loved my Amp Cell Driver so much after my round last weekend I went online and bought the 3-4W & 5-7W, got a great deal $200 shipped. Now all I need to do is put a
Winn Dri-Tac Midsize with 2 extra wraps on each and I'll be set.

Pretty much the same for me. Love for the driver caused me to get the 5-7W CAC.

Tomorrow will be 1st chance to hit my 3/4 with the Matrix White Tie. I'll report back on it

tappin from my big as note2

Let us know how it went bro!

Didn't really give it a fair chance today. My back muscles are so bad right now its hard to swing. I not playing for 2 weeks till my last tournament then going to rest till next year.

Didn't really give it a fair chance today. My back muscles are so bad right now its hard to swing. I not playing for 2 weeks till my last tournament then going to rest till next year.

Thanks for the update. I totally understand. Hope the back feels better!

I've been gaming the 3/4 Amp Cell for a while now. Recently had it reshafted with an Oban devotion (blue 8 series - 85g) in the 05 flex. A ridiculously good looking pairing with the blue amp cell head.

It's been a beast for me. I had been struggling with overdrawing the ball, and really wanted something I could set to face open (which in the 3 and 3+ setting sit slightly open with a fade bias). Enter the Amp Cell, and consistency in the form of driver replacementyness.

Adjustment chart, for reference..
Spoiler
CobraAMPCellDriverdrawfadebias.jpg

The E9 tech is one of my absolute favourite things right now. With the oval shaped sweet spot that favours high on the toe side (mainly where my 'miss' contact is), I really find substantially less right-left turn when I strike the ball out there. Great stuff.

e9 face reference
Spoiler
us13tech-amp-cell-d-e9.jpg

While deeper headed three woods are a nice profile, the slim head shape allows to tee the ball a bit lower and play it easier off the deck.

The shaft pairing is really going to help me this fall around here. Ohio likes to get windy which often puts my ball on a string and tugs hard into trouble. With a lower launching, lower spinning shaft pairing on a 13-14* setup, I am excited to see if it can get me through some of the crazier wind days here.

Anyone else banging this 3/4 beauty still?

But what about pics of the badass combo? :alien:

I love the e9 face, for me, its a major blessing for my misses.

But what about pics of the badass combo? :alien:

I love the e9 face, for me, its a major blessing for my misses.

Smart thinking. I'll need to try for a few tomorrow.

I've always found it difficult to really capture a single club in one photo.

Got my 3/4 hybrid out this weekend and loved. First thing though I was at the Clubhouse in the Qaud Cities where they have the golf simulator's and I let my buddy use it. Well he freaking hit a ball 270 yards with it. Thats freaking nuts, and the guy working couldn't believe it. His swing speed was 129 128 with it. He's also 6'7 and was a baseball player in college so he can swing. but anyways back to me once I put the ball more in the middle of my stance and didn't swing hard I could smash it. Love this guy and can't wait to use it more.

A couple pics of the Oban Devo + Amp Cell 3/4 combo (per demands); It really does look that awesome.

20131021_170053.jpg

20131021_170536.jpg

Awesome pics and setup dude

Awesome pics and setup dude

Thanks dude!! I wish we were closer, I'd demand a round together soon. After getting fit for your 3/4 shaft in a driver, I'd LOVE to take a few swaps with it in a 3/4!!

Thanks dude!! I wish we were closer, I'd demand a round together soon. After getting fit for your 3/4 shaft in a driver, I'd LOVE to take a few swaps with it in a 3/4!!

I know bro. Cobra/Puma fest! It would be awesome and I miss you

Dude Canadan that is one slick club there. Does it play as well as it looks?
A couple pics of the Oban Devo + Amp Cell 3/4 combo (per demands); It really does look that awesome.

Dude Canadan that is one slick club there. Does it play as well as it looks?

It's got a great flight to it. I played it at 14* on Sunday and found the flight really consistent, mostly straight with a hint of a draw. Makes me wonder what I can do with it set to 13*!!

Yeah I got mine at 13° to now. Finally figured out if i put the ball further back i can hit it with a good flight.So now I just need to get back out there probably tomorrow night and get it hammered down.
It's got a great flight to it. I played it at 14* on Sunday and found the flight really consistent, mostly straight with a hint of a draw. Makes me wonder what I can do with it set to 13*!!

Yeah I got mine at 13° to now. Finally figured out if i put the ball further back i can hit it with a good flight.So now I just need to get back out there probably tomorrow night and get it hammered down.

Right on!! Interesting how much a change in ball position can change the success of a club!!

Hitting it more off the deck, or mainly off the tee?

used it once on a long par three and tried lining up for my regular slice but it went straight. Straight into a tree about 150 out. And mostly i was hitting just off the fairway in the rough and was finally getting great contact when it was in the middle of the stance.
Right on!! Interesting how much a change in ball position can change the success of a club!!

Hitting it more off the deck, or mainly off the tee?

Back