Welcome Home! That Ricky sure is a good dude. not surprised to see this at all. Good on you Dev!

Like I've said before, I'm so happy you got home safe, and no surprise here Ricky is a class act!!!

Welcome home and thank you for your service!

Dev - that was absolutely a great move on your part. Well done!

Gotta loveTHPrs... I mentioned some time ago to callawaygolfpro that I'd love a scorecard from St. Andrews (he was making the trip over). This is what I got in the mail yesterday.
8ety5ane.jpg

Two scorecards, a yardage book, pencils, divot tool and the valuables holder ... all branded St. Andrews. This is way above and beyond (a handwritten note explains that you cannot get much of this from the pro shop, you only get it if you were playing the course) and truly appreciated.
Thank you so much callawaygolfpro, this is incredible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

That is freaking awesome!!!! Well done CGP

That is an awesome package. Very very cool and a great gesture CGP!

Awesome...way to go out of your way CGP.

Now to "Pay it Forward"

sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Gotta loveTHPrs... I mentioned some time ago to callawaygolfpro that I'd love a scorecard from St. Andrews (he was making the trip over). This is what I got in the mail yesterday.
8ety5ane.jpg

Two scorecards, a yardage book, pencils, divot tool and the valuables holder ... all branded St. Andrews. This is way above and beyond (a handwritten note explains that you cannot get much of this from the pro shop, you only get it if you were playing the course) and truly appreciated.
Thank you so much callawaygolfpro, this is incredible!

My pleasure! It's true, the only thing you can purchase from the golf shop is the scorecard and yardage book. Everything else is unavailable and only comes in the goodie bag that you get when you play the Old Course. I already have one from the last time I played it a year ago and there's no reason to have two of everything, besides I'll be going back again next summer.

Enjoy it, I'm glad it made it through the mail ok!

I wanted to say thanks to D_in_la.

He responded to my post in the Marketplace looking to buy some KBS shafts saying he bought a used set of Burner 2.0s that had KSB Tours in them. He asked for my address and didn't ask for money. Now it ended up that I couldn't take him up on the offer because they were the wrong tip size. But I really appreciated his attempt to help me out and to do so in such a selfless way. It still amazes me how such good, thoughtful and generous people are a part of this community. Thank you D for being one of those people.

I have to give a huge shout out to Hawk for all the help he's given me recently. I'd been pondering a SeeMore and he not only gave advice on what to look for, but helped me track down a good buy. He's answered a ton of questions and just really helped a ton. Definitely a great asset to the THP family! Thanks buddy.

I have to give a huge shout out to Hawk for all the help he's given me recently. I'd been pondering a SeeMore and he not only gave advice on what to look for, but helped me track down a good buy. He's answered a ton of questions and just really helped a ton. Definitely a great asset to the THP family! Thanks buddy.

Way to go Hawk! Ryan is a good dude.

Very cool! Gotta love the folks we have in this place.

My pleasure checkered. I'm just glad you waited it out and that thing popped up. I knew a little patience would pay off for you.

Glad to see the continued awesomeness of THPers going strong!

I piggy-backed on Oregon Jack's post in the marketplace looking for ferrules and two THPrs answered the call.

Thank you Bulldog and Kmanc for your kindness and generosity.

It was nice enough that you offered to help at all. Then each of you took it an extra step by refusing to let me pay, not even for postage.

Thank You!!!

I have to bump this thread with a HUGE thank you to a certain Canadian lefty. MPlefty responded to my equipment pondering post about a Mashie 5W and said he had a 5W head with a separate shaft he could send me. Well, they arrived today, along with a brand new Lamkin grip / Gripe set that he threw into the box without even telling me! Thank you so much...it's acts like this that happen so regularly on this site that really show how THP is a second family to me.

Thank you THPers

I wanted to personally thank Barry aka CPLJohnst for his awesomeness a couple days ago. I have been to Bay Hill for the Arnold Palmer Invitational numerous times and had always wanted to play the course. Unfortunately, uness you're staying on property or happen to know somebody, it is very difficult to play that course. Well, Barry send me a private message asking if I wanted to play Bay Hill while he was in town.

He set everything up and took care of me that afternoon. I don't think my smile left all 18 holes, even when it kicked my tail left and right. We had a blast and I was even lucky enough to escape 17 and 18 with Pars. Awesome day.

Thank you so much Barry!

Edit: Siri got creative with some of my words

Last edited:
Michael it was my pleasure. That par on 17 MWard made was very impressive. He played 2 balls, one from the gold tees and one from the tips. Made par with both!

Every time I see a pro bogey on that hole during Arnie's invitational I'm going to scream at my tv "Mward beat you!".

Obviously not that hard of a hole! Just smoke a 5w into a nice cornering wind to 30ft and lag it close. What's the difficulty in that?

so about a month or so ago, i was at the local range hitting some DPC's as a confirmation before wanting to buy them. as i was leaving, i see Frank (Tequila4Kapp) walk in to the hitting bay/launch monitors and start talking to his coach(not sure of correct term?). i then go watch him have his first range sesh with the DPC's that he won in vegas! anyways blah blah blah get to the point. he offers to have his SeeMore PCB Belly cut down and fit to my specs to be a Counter-Balanced. the grip he originally had was too long and awkward looking on the putter itself so a couple weeks go by, he gets the grip, and this is a run-on sentence... AND AND AND. i get a text today as i'm leaving for work saying for me to swing by his house after i get off. He's got it all ready for me and boy let me tell you it is suhweet. this isn't the first time Frank has done something amazing for me (he's the reason i have an R1), and i more than appreciate him being so awesome, not only to me, but as a person in general. he's one of those guys that just gives off good vibes. anyway, ramble ramble ramble. Thank you doesn't cut it, Frank. I will definitely get you back.

also, this should be a sticky thread.

so about a month or so ago, i was at the local range hitting some DPC's as a confirmation before wanting to buy them. as i was leaving, i see Frank (Tequila4Kapp) walk in to the hitting bay/launch monitors and start talking to his coach(not sure of correct term?). i then go watch him have his first range sesh with the DPC's that he won in vegas! anyways blah blah blah get to the point. he offers to have his SeeMore PCB Belly cut down and fit to my specs to be a Counter-Balanced. the grip he originally had was too long and awkward looking on the putter itself so a couple weeks go by, he gets the grip, and this is a run-on sentence... AND AND AND. i get a text today as i'm leaving for work saying for me to swing by his house after i get off. He's got it all ready for me and boy let me tell you it is suhweet. this isn't the first time Frank has done something amazing for me (he's the reason i have an R1), and i more than appreciate him being so awesome, not only to me, but as a person in general. he's one of those guys that just gives off good vibes. anyway, ramble ramble ramble. Thank you doesn't cut it, Frank. I will definitely get you back.

You are very welcome, Jack. And you don't need to "get me back." I can only hit one putter at a time. Plus, I've had some good fortune here and I appreciate the opportunity to pay it forward. Now get that cast off and start draining some putts!

Franks is a great guy, it was a real pleasure meeting him in Vegas

Jack - can you post or send me a picture? I did not think to take a shot of the finished product. This was my first attempt at club building/modifying. It would be nice to have a little proof that I actually did it :)

Frank, well done sir!
I am so happy I got to meet you in Vegas!

Just call me...Barb
First official '15 Morgan cup hopeful.
(Gonna work on the game!)

Jack - can you post or send me a picture? I did not think to take a shot of the finished product. This was my first attempt at club building/modifying. It would be nice to have a little proof that I actually did it :)

Good job Frank! And nice mod on the putter too!

Back