What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played today it was 54* and a light mist. I shot what I felt was a terrible 94. Not that 94 is a bad score but my round went as such. 6/7 fwys, 0/9 Girs, 19 putts, 0/5 up saves for a front 49. The back was slightly better. 7/7 fwys, 6/9 Girs, 20 putts, 0/1 up saves rounding out for a back nine 45. 94 with 39 putts, ouch.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

I disappointing 86 today. My mate who plays off a 22 had a great round and beat me for the first time, he shot an 84.

Last edited:
96 and hated every bit of it. I don't know that I took a swing that felt right all day, everything just felt off. Backswing felt too long and too slow, follow through was terrible.
But I'll be back next week.

the last time im playing for the year played 9. 38 FIR 5/9 GIR 3/9 14 putts. bog'd the first 3, hole'd one from the sand for a bird. im content time to hibernate for the winter.

91 - not great. Managed 9 more putts than my previous round (37, previous was 28). I think I was in a hurry for a few of the 3 putts. I'm a better putter than 37 putts...

Pulled off a personal best 79 (41/38) on a par 71 course last weekend (course rating is a 69.7 so it's still almost +10 lol).

If this winter's weather is as nice as last year I should still be able to get out once a month.

Most disappointing 83 ever.

I had 4-5 three putts.

I missed 5-6 makeable birdie putts.

AWFUL!!!!!!

A mixed bag 84 on Saturday. I did well with my recovery shots but had way too many recovery shots to take. Four 3-putts but I ended up with 34 putts total. Everything sort of balanced out in the end and it was a good time over all. I even stuck my 3w on the green on a 220 yard par 3. That was satisfying. :)

93 - had a great long / mid game and some decent chipping but putting was terrible again... I had 41 putts! Makes me angry when I make it onto a par 5 in three and than three put the damn thing for bogey! need to practice putting.. Haha

In my Taylormade catalina 3.0 cart bag:
Callaway RAZR X irons 4-sw
Callaway RAZR X HL 3H 21*
Callaway RAZR Hawk 3W 15*
Callaway RAZR FIT Xtreme 10.5*
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52* wedge
Nike VR pro 60* wedge
Odyssey metal X #9 putter

Drive for show, putt for dough

Sent from my nexus 10 (Tapatalk)

Shot a PB 82 today, I've sniffed it before but never pulled it off. Previous best was a freak accident 84 with my typical rounds coming in between 87 and 90.

I only hit 7 fairways and 6 greens but my misses were all small. All chipping under 20 yards was done with a 9i and a putting stroke which saved me from some pure stupid blades which usually acct for 3-4 strokes per round.

Every swing the last thought through my head was "keep your head down and the ball will be where you expect it". It worked out for me today and I've got to try to keep it going.

I shot a 77 today, yesterday my son said he didn't like my swing and he thought I played much better with a draw lol. Both yesterday and today I tried going a little flatter to bring the draw back in and completely opened up the entire left side of the golf course again after many years of trying to get rid of it lol. I think he did it so he could best me the little bugger. I have some work to do

Shot a PB 82 today, I've sniffed it before but never pulled it off. Previous best was a freak accident 84 with my typical rounds coming in between 87 and 90.

I only hit 7 fairways and 6 greens but my misses were all small. All chipping under 20 yards was done with a 9i and a putting stroke which saved me from some pure stupid blades which usually acct for 3-4 strokes per round.

Every swing the last thought through my head was "keep your head down and the ball will be where you expect it". It worked out for me today and I've got to try to keep it going.

Congrats on the PB!

Shot a 88 today on a new course that was fairly short at 6100. I did have the 3W and 52* working in unison catching four birds in a row. On the back nine I found water three times to negate the good work on the front and forgot how to putt also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just posted one of my better nines this year. Shot a 39, 6/7 Fairways, 4/9 GIR, 14 putts. Short game and driving were amazing out there tonight.

Played my "home course" which routinely beats me up. Shot 45-46=91. Had a birdie and a bunch of pars, but still lost 4 balls and had 36 putts even with a chip in. Aggravating.

Played my "home course" which routinely beats me up. Shot 45-46=91. Had a birdie and a bunch of pars, but still lost 4 balls and had 36 putts even with a chip in. Aggravating.

Which course was that?

Which course was that?
Fairways of Halfmoon. It's in great shape, but the greens are still like cement...it's like trying to hit a full wedge and stop the ball on your driveway.

Fairways of Halfmoon. It's in great shape, but the greens are still like cement...it's like trying to hit a full wedge and stop the ball on your driveway.

I have some gift cards I still need to use for there.

I have some gift cards I still need to use for there.
Fall deal is on. $25 for 18, the cart, and lunch (soup & sandwich).

Not much for stuff in the Pro Shop. A few shirts, some crappy hats, and a few boxes of balls. Do your gift cards expire?

Even 40 for 9 holes from the tips including a birdie on 9. Starting to come around.

Yesterday, an 80, eight over after being five over after 5 holes due to a bad tooth ache. I medicated and finished ok. Spent the day today at dental facilities so no golf. I'm in a rut with the last five rounds from 79 and 81.

Interesting 78 today, it was feast or famine. 5 birdies, 5 pars, 5 bogies, 3 doubles. Hit the driver extremely well save for one quick pull hook that led to a re-tee. Starting to love this new combination.

Putting was solid other than two steroid jerks on downhillers than led to three-jacks. Drove the Par 4 8th, as they were working on the back two tees and had us on the seniors. 260 carry to the center and a semi-blind shot over and around trees, so I'll take it!
abaja6ag.jpg

ape9y7em.jpg

Played in our Assoc. championship this past w/e. Gross was 85-78=163. With a 7 course hdcp, I netted 78-71=149 to win 1st Place Net. Also won the 2nd round day money. I didn't think I'd be close to winning anything. But, the cold weather and the wind effected everyone more that it did me...I guess. My game plan was to not take a full swing for any iron shots. After taking wind and temps into account, I would add another club and 3/4 swing just about everything. On the first day, most of my bad holes where when I forgot about my game plan and tried to full swing, while wearing 3-4 layers.

Saturday (Witnessed a hole in one from my cart partner)
85 (44/41)
FW 9
GIR 8
Putts 38
Penalties 2
Sunday
78 (40/38)
1 birdie
FW 10
GIR 10
Putts 32
Bunkers 1/1
Penalties 2

78 with 3 doubles is the definition of crazy JLit. I had a 78 earlier in the year with 3 triples so I know what you went thru. I almost needed counseling after my round.

Still a solid score dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back