2014 THP Events - Announcement Thread

I can't afford both #TheKing and the MC. Whichever I get picked for first (if at all) will be the one I go to and I will be happy happy happy!!

Add a couple Invitationals in there as well...pretty sweet year ahead yall.

Most of our events take place during the summer and I can assure you that there will be more entries for the Morgan Cup than other events.

I think people somewhat know what they have with the Morgan Cup. I will tell you this, if the #TheKing is as awesome as you guys have been hinting at, people may be a little disappointed they didn't try harder.

THP has lots of great stuff coming, hopefully people realize that if they don't get in to their first choice. While the Morgan Cup is great, It is just a sliver of what sounds like to be an action packed 2014.

There appear to be a lot of people going all in on that event which sadly will lead to disappointment because we know everybody cannot get in.

I hope this doesn't sound trite since I am fortunate to be a part of it already, but I'm quoting this as a really important point.

Please look at each event as it comes up and try to get in if you are interested. Each event is magical in its own right and will offer new or continuing friendships that will endure. THP obviously isn't having problems selling out events within minutes or hours, and there are so many great events for people to enjoy, but I'd hate for someone to miss out on an event they would have really enjoyed.

Also, from only a historical perspective (pending whatever announcements have yet to be made), keep in mind if you are relatively new around THP that the Morgan Cup has had defined requirements in the past for both handicap as well as monthly post counts (200 a month) for those who have gained entry into the event. I do not know if those will be kept or adjusted, but it is the only event so far that isn't completely open to everyone regardless of skill or forum participation.

I think people somewhat know what they have with the Morgan Cup. I will tell you this, if the #TheKing is as awesome as you guys have been hinting at, people may be a little disappointed they didn't try harder.

THP has lots of great stuff coming, hopefully people realize that if they don't get in to their first choice. While the Morgan Cup is great, It is just a sliver of what sounds like to be an action packed 2014.
I can tell you, you are 100% spot on with that thought.

I did get into the SeeMore event, but I'm trying just as hard for The King and I will try just as hard for the MC, as long as getting into the SeeMore event, doesn't peclude me from entering the others. If it does, I would understand as there are so many people wanting to get into these great events.

I hope this doesn't sound trite since I am fortunate to be a part of it already, but I'm quoting this as a really important point.

Please look at each event as it comes up and try to get in if you are interested. Each event is magical in its own right and will offer new or continuing friendships that will endure. THP obviously isn't having problems selling out events within minutes or hours, and there are so many great events for people to enjoy, but I'd hate for someone to miss out on an event they would have really enjoyed.

Also, from only a historical perspective (pending whatever announcements have yet to be made), keep in mind if you are relatively new around THP that the Morgan Cup has had defined requirements in the past for both handicap as well as monthly post counts (200 a month) for those who have gained entry into the event. I do not know if those will be kept or adjusted, but it is the only event so far that isn't completely open to everyone regardless of skill or forum participation.

Good points Capt Donne :D

I will add that I hope everyone is not putting all of their eggs in one basket (The Morgan Cup), because we have seen in the past how disappointing it can be for some when they don't get into the event.

The Morgan Cup is a amazing event and I am fortunate that I have gotten to experience it the last 2 years, but as Donne said, each event is special...I had an amazing time in Vegas, and who can forget I-O-W-A....who would have thought an event in Des Moines would be so incredible? The Texas Invitational was a great time....so don't let a great event go by just because you really want to be in the Morgan Cup....pick an event and join the fun...you will be glad you did.

I can tell you, you are 100% spot on with that thought.

I did get into the SeeMore event, but I'm trying just as hard for The King and I will try just as hard for the MC, as long as getting into the SeeMore event, doesn't peclude me from entering the others. If it does, I would understand as there are so many people wanting to get into these great events.

One can apply and be in as many events as they would like to.

Most of our events take place during the summer and I can assure you that there will be more entries for the Morgan Cup than other events.
Yep, I realize there are many many events in the summer. My impression is that most/all of the non-MC 2014 events that have been announced so far are in the winter/spring. I meant my comment in that context.

I know I am like a lot THPers and dealing with the - "I don't want to miss any of the THP events" syndrome. I plan on trying for everything that I qualify for. If I am truly fortunate to get into an event - great. If not, my history on THP has taught me that an awesome THP event possibility is always right around the corner.

I, like everyone else would love to participate in the Morgan Cup because I know its an honor to be selected. I think a lot of people are attracted to THP from other places because of the hard work from JB, GG and Staff and the involvement of the OEM's. What I think we can do without is the steady stream of "I want in" posts that populate much of the threads related to the Morgan Cup. I get the impression a lot of people think its just some way to get a bag full of equipment instead of an experience in teamwork and contribution to the site. We know it's exciting, I am excited. I was grinning ear to ear in Vegas at my first event. I have bothered JB and GG numerous times about coming to Arizona. But in my perspective, excitement is one thing, begging and pleading and expecting to be involved isn't going to do it. [/rant]

I, like everyone else would love to participate in the Morgan Cup because I know its an honor to be selected. I think a lot of people are attracted to THP from other places because of the hard work from JB, GG and Staff and the involvement of the OEM's. What I think we can do without is the steady stream of "I want in" posts that populate much of the threads related to the Morgan Cup. I get the impression a lot of people think its just some way to get a bag full of equipment instead of an experience in teamwork and contribution to the site. We know it's exciting, I am excited. I was grinning ear to ear in Vegas at my first event. I have bothered JB and GG numerous times about coming to Arizona. But in my perspective, excitement is one thing, begging and pleading and expecting to be involved isn't going to do it. [/rant]
But it works so well with testing :)

I kid...people are understandably excited.

One can apply and be in as many events as they would like to.
That's great to know, I'll be trying for both those and also planning on at least one invitational as well. Those seem like a really great way to meet a bunch of THP'ers as welll, since it seems so many guys and ladies travel so well on this site.

I'm just thankful for the numerous amounts of events. I had an absolute blast at the Vegas event and look forward to participating in another no matter where it is.

People that are "putting all their eggs in one basket", I really hope for your sake that you get into that event you're banking on. My thought is, even if you only have enough resources to do one large event, try as hard as you can to get into each one until you do. These events aren't easy to get in to. There are many many people vying for limited slots. It really would be a bummer to miss out on everything, possibly because you only tried for one event. Maybe part of it is because #TheKing is new, and we know a good amount about the MC and all it brings with it. But I can pretty much guarantee that #TheKing will not disappoint, and all expectations will most likely be blown away. Plus, I can tell you from recent experience, the feeling of getting selected for such an event out of so many people, man, it truly is amazing. You get a rush like never before, it really is something that is just so unreal. And that alone for me would be enough to give myself the best odds of making it to one of these great events. Don't sell yourself short, but in the end, you gotta do what you gotta do.

I agree with everyone else about not having all your eggs in one basket. This is my first fall with THP and I am going to try my hardest to get into all of the major events. However I am not going to let the other events slip by as well. Each one of these events has so much to offer and are different in their own ways. What is to be gained from these evemts is friendships that can last a lifetime, supporting THP, and most of all playing the game we all love so much.

My goal is to make it over there in the next few years with the family and hopefully tie it in with an event or at least play a couple of rounds with fellow THPers. Do you have events in LA?

My goal is to make it over there in the next few years with the family and hopefully tie it in with an event or at least play a couple of rounds with fellow THPers. Do you have events in LA?

The Grandaddy is in Palm Springs this year.

Some big time info coming for 2014 this week.

YAY More announcements!!! YAY!!!

Yes! Always anxiously waiting on Monday morning for this thread to pop back up.

Great can't wait to hear the news. Hopefully we'll hear some today to make this Monday better.

Looking forward to it! Especially with the weather changing here

Monday's are awesome at THP!

Just call me...Barb
First official '15 Morgan cup hopeful.
(Gonna work on the game!)

More announcements?? Yes, please!

Can't wait!

Back