THP Fantasy Football - Week 9 Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Making the turn towards the back stretch of the season. Teams fighting hard to get into the playoffs. Week #9 is here, good luck everybody.

Sitting decent at 6-2, but a little nervous about the health of my team.

It's going to be a rough week with byes hurting me. It's tough staying at the top of the pile.

• Admin
Im dreading GG seeing the standings today.
Most points scored in the league I believe.
Yet in 2nd place right now in her division and going into this week w/ 2 main players on a bye.
That league 1 has a major logjam at the top right now. Something like 6-7 teams all with in a game or 2.

Bye weeks are going to hurt this week. I think all my good receivers but Jordy Nelson are on bye weeks.

Yes GG will be none to happy, PMS is once again ruining her day. :D

While she does have the most PF, myself and Ryan are not far behind. League 1 is TOUGH there are like 6 teams that can easily win this thing.

Wanna know how tough? War Eagle is sitting at 3-5 (6th in the East) and has an amazing 808.5 PF, good for 2nd in the league. He is up against a staggering 878 PA though. That's the most in the league. Just so tough to win.

• Admin
Sure is. There are so many really good teams right now and it is open for anybody in league 1.

Except for me. The nail in my coffin was driven the past 2 weeks with 2 losses in a row at a combined 6 pts

Sure is. There are so many really good teams right now and it is open for anybody in league 1.

Except for me. The nail in my coffin was driven the past 2 weeks with 2 losses in a row at a combined 6 pts

Same here. Every other week it's a new disappointment. Most of my bye weeks are over but it's probably too late now.

Time for me to shake things up and not that grin off of txhacker's face!

Got that first W last week. Looking ahead, I'm completely out of League 2 but could play spoiler to some teams vying for playoff spots. Team finally comes together in week 8, just way too late.

Another week, another loss....but not from a lack of effort by my squad. They went up against Megatron and were not victorious.

My team is 2nd in the League in Points Scored, however, the "Points Against" line is staggering.

Fun with numbers when looking at the "Points Against" line;

Opponents are averaging 109 points when they play me.
2nd highest "points for" in the league, opponents are averaging 99.9 pts.

That's the only reason I am where I am. Had a couple of "off" weeks but my opponent had a bigger "off" week.

I'm getting killed by byes this week. Players with the names of Tashard Choice and Scott Chandler (at flex) are in my lineup.

Another week, another loss....but not from a lack of effort by my squad. They went up against Megatron and were not victorious.

My team is 2nd in the League in Points Scored, however, the "Points Against" line is staggering.

Want to be more frustrated? Look at first place in the west.

Earlier in the season when my team was decent I was in the same boat, my points scored wasn't bad but I was up there with you in Points Against. Now my team sucks though

That's the only reason I am where I am. Had a couple of "off" weeks but my opponent had a bigger "off" week.

You just described my every week path to my 6-2 record. Smoke and mirrors.

Want to be more frustrated? Look at first place in the west.

Hey now, I resemble that remark.

You just described my every week path to my 6-2 record. Smoke and mirrors.

Hey now, I resemble that remark.
Haha I'm not sure how I figure out if was you. Your team resembles the 2005 Bama team. Mine resembles 2008 Auburn.

GG said to me.
"When do I get to play the scrubs scoring 65 each week?"

Haha I'm not sure how I figure out if was you. Your team resembles the 2005 Bama team. Mine resembles 2008 Auburn.

Yep, just score a few more points than the competition...however few that might be.

Still open for some trades in League 2, the legal not-working-the-system. I know some people are hurting with byes, I only have 2 this week!

Took my first loss since the opening week but that was my big bye week. Time to get back on track in league 2

GG said to me.

Tell her that she did in week 1.

Some weeks I come to play and some I don't. I learned to bring my A game for Mike Hunt.

Simple solution: stop giving up so many points. Maybe you need a better defense.

I was glad that I could give you your only win of the season...

GG said to me.

Hey -- Morgan already played me.

Back