Shooting at LAX Terminal 3

HandyManny

This Is Paradise
Reaction score
3 victims have been reported injured including 1 TSA Officer. Suspect has been shot/wounded and taken into custody. Flights were grounded for a while but have now began to resume.

*Will update this thread with anything new ASAP
***1 TSA Officer has been confirmed dead.
*** Victims have been sent to UCLA medical center.
***White House has been briefed & other airports across the country have been placed on alert.

Last edited:
Did you see it?

So scary seeing this type of news. Praying for the victims.

I heard about this at around 11:30. Sad deranged individual. There is a worst-case scenario as to why he did this. I do not want to entertain that thought however.

BYAPOUwCEAAIcb5.jpg:large

3 victims have been reported injured including 1 TSA Officer. Suspect has been shot/wounded and taken into custody. Flights were grounded for a while but have now began to resume.

*Will update this thread with anything new ASAP
***1 TSA Officer has been confirmed dead.
*** Victims have been sent to UCLA medical center.
***White House has been briefed & other airports across the country have been placed on alert.

When they showed him being wheeled out in a wheel chair my wife and I knew he was dead, his head was back and his arms were limp. The workers were hurrying as fast as they could to get him to an ambulance. So very sad that the crazies keep ending the lives of innocent people.

so so so sad and tragic to see

I dont understand how the gun got into the terminal

Very scary. The most telling thing to me about the world we live in today was that I was at a local restaurant grabbing a late lunch. There was a tv tuned in to CNN and I was watching the report. As I looked around, not another single person was watching. Now I realize that some may not have noticed what was happening, but we as a society have become so desensitized this this kind of violence. It really makes me sick thinking about what my sons will have to grow up with. Please say a prayer tonight that this kind of garbage will stop.

I dont understand how the gun got into the terminal

First thing I thought of as well. Especially since semi auto rifles are illegal in CA right?

Either way I hate hearing this stuff.

I think we have to take things in context. My great grandmother had 13 children. Six of them died before the age of twelve. Imagine that horror which was the norm 80 years ago.

Today there are over 300 Million Americans. Millions psychologically challenged. Millions of USA haters around the world. It's amazing to me things like this aren't as common as traffic accidents. Thank goodness for that.

Last edited:
Just crazy what this world has come to.

this is crazy.... it happens way to often.

I think we have to take things in context. My great grandmother had 13 children. Six of them died before the age of twelve. Imagine that horror which was the norm 80 years ago.

Today there are over 300 Million Americans. Millions psychologically challenged. Millions of USA haters around the world. It's amazing to me things like this aren't as common as traffic accidents. Thank goodness for that.

I understand your thoughts. I had a very close friend on American flight 77 on 9/11. He did not deserve his fate, I shutter when I often think of his last moments. While I attended the better institution, the shootings at VTech somewhat were close to home for me because my cousins children were students. I just do not understand what's going on these days. Is it because of 24/7 news coverages we hear more about it, or are people just going nuts. When I was in high school, it was not unusual to see several pickups in the lot with shotguns and rifles hanging on the rear window racks. No one paid them any mind, no one feared they were going to be shot. I only know two things for certain. One, it is important to value your family and friends because who knows what tomorrow will bring and, two, I don't have the answers.

this is crazy.... it happens way to often.

It is truly amazing that this is happening more and more. I don't want to ask the obvious question (what the hell is wrong with people?) but rather I want to know what has changed in our country (and other parts of the world) in the last 2 decades or so that has made this type of tragedy a common occurrence?

pmm, plenty of stuff like this happened two decades ago. The means to spread the word electronically is what makes it seem like it happens every day...oh wait, it almost does.

I could spout of quite a few horrendous things that happened in my neck of the woods in my day that would probably have made national news, but with only print media, it didn't happen.

I understand your thoughts. I had a very close friend on American flight 77 on 9/11. He did not deserve his fate, I shutter when I often think of his last moments. While I attended the better institution, the shootings at VTech somewhat were close to home for me because my cousins children were students. I just do not understand what's going on these days. Is it because of 24/7 news coverages we hear more about it, or are people just going nuts. When I was in high school, it was not unusual to see several pickups in the lot with shotguns and rifles hanging on the rear window racks. No one paid them any mind, no one feared they were going to be shot. I only know two things for certain. One, it is important to value your family and friends because who knows what tomorrow will bring and, two, I don't have the answers.

Fwiw. My thought don't make it any less tragic. It is a shame for innocent bystanders to be harmed by an unnecessary random act. Impacted before their time, loves of family and friends effected. I just meant that in terms of public reaction, these things are fairly small in scale and volume. They are over-reported and we are desensitized to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very tragic situation.

pmm, plenty of stuff like this happened two decades ago. The means to spread the word electronically is what makes it seem like it happens every day...oh wait, it almost does.

I could spout of quite a few horrendous things that happened in my neck of the woods in my day that would probably have made national news, but with only print media, it didn't happen.

I feel like I have argued that point before, but so many people have made me believe the world is going straight down the toilet.

Sucks that this has to happen for measures to be put in place. Just traveled through Seattle and you can go through with all your gear on of you want. I had my leatherman in my bag and nothing happened.
Security has become very lazy and complacent. I don't mind taking more time to keep everyone safe.

Sucks that this has to happen for measures to be put in place. Just traveled through Seattle and you can go through with all your gear on of you want. I had my leatherman in my bag and nothing happened.
Security has become very lazy and complacent. I don't mind taking more time to keep everyone safe.

Reports were, that a lot of the first responders and swat were prepared for his because they had just drilled for this kind of situation only weeks ago.

Its a tough situation.

Back