The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worley will be out for the next 4 weeks. (Rest of the regular season) This means that true freshman Joshua Dobbs will be starting for the Vols unless he plays like a turd. I don't see this happening. Excited to see what this offense will look like with a quarterback that can actually run the read option, oh yeah, and can actually throw the ball!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Damn. I didn't want to face him. He brings a different look to the UT offense.

Damn. I didn't want to face him. He brings a different look to the UT offense.

If Nick doesn't protect himself against the piggies it could be Johnson against him.

Not that an injury is every good news, but I think this is the best scenario for the Vols. They get to see what Dobbs can do (which looked like more than Worley already) without him worrying about getting pulled. Sounded like Peterson was getting back healthy so that he'd be available in case Dobbs picked up an injury (so that Ferguson could still redshirt).

Yep. Hopefully it all works out. And the thinking is that if they have to burn Ferguson's redshirt as well then we'll have a mix of Worley and either Dobbs or Ferguson at QB next year, and they'll just try to redshirt one of them as sophomores. I honestly think that Dobbs, and not Ferguson, is the future of the program. Dobbs is a half a step behind Ferguson from an athletic standpoint. But Dobbs had a huge leg up on the fact that he is a "cerebral" athlete. The kid has a 4.0 in aerospace engineering... And he's said to be every bit as "football smart" as he is in the classroom. Ferguson is more of a wild card, raw athlete.

Yep. Hopefully it all works out. And the thinking is that if they have to burn Ferguson's redshirt as well then we'll have a mix of Worley and either Dobbs or Ferguson at QB next year, and they'll just try to redshirt one of them as sophomores. I honestly think that Dobbs, and not Ferguson, is the future of the program. Dobbs is a half a step behind Ferguson from an athletic standpoint. But Dobbs had a huge leg up on the fact that he is a "cerebral" athlete. The kid has a 4.0 in aerospace engineering... And he's said to be every bit as "football smart" as he is in the classroom. Ferguson is more of a wild card, raw athlete.

I don't think either of them are the future. The offense is going to change over the next few years.

I don't think either of them are the future. The offense is going to change over the next few years.

So... A smart, poised quarterback who can both run and throw. The same one that lead the Elite 11 camp into the final day before getting hurt... Isn't possibly going to be the guy? What kind of an offense can you run that a quarterback like that (brains, arm, and legs) can't fit the mold of a signal caller for that type of offense?

Not bashing you. I'm open for an opinion. I just don't see the logic. Maybe you can explain it to me.

If Nick doesn't protect himself against the piggies it could be Johnson against him.

I hope it doesn't matter who plays QB on Saturday, but Arky seems to always give us fits.

I hope it doesn't matter who plays QB on Saturday, but Arky seems to always give us fits.

I hope y'all roll over R-Kansas. I want Auburn ranked as high as possible when we play y'all. I think that's gonna be a really good game. If I had to pick a winner right now, I'd say Auburn. But it's "winnable" and it would be another huge exclamation point for Tennessee if we found a way to pull it out.

For now though. I'm just getting ready to watch my first ever Mizzou game this weekend.

So... A smart, poised quarterback who can both run and throw. The same one that lead the Elite 11 camp into the final day before getting hurt... Isn't possibly going to be the guy? What kind of an offense can you run that a quarterback like that (brains, arm, and legs) can't fit the mold of a signal caller for that type of offense?

Not bashing you. I'm open for an opinion. I just don't see the logic. Maybe you can explain it to me.

If you watch him in practice he has some issues with half the game. While he is a step up and in the right direction from Worley I just don't think he has exactly what it takes to be what Jones wants in a QB. Obviously he is young but until he can learn to take it slower I can't put that kind of pressure on the kid. Personally though I thought he should have been starting from day 1 after having watched Worley the past few years. QB is a heavy target for us next year and I want to see who Jones really wants to go after.

I hope y'all roll over R-Kansas. I want Auburn ranked as high as possible when we play y'all. I think that's gonna be a really good game. If I had to pick a winner right now, I'd say Auburn. But it's "winnable" and it would be another huge exclamation point for Tennessee if we found a way to pull it out.

For now though. I'm just getting ready to watch my first ever Mizzou game this weekend.

It will be a toss up game.

However, TN has done well against teams with good offenses...

Im sure the shirt was made by a company run by someone who graduated from a SEC school

Haha. No one "graduates" from an SEC school.

/SEC alum

After beating Kansas this weekend, Texas will be 5-0 in the Big 12 with a better than fighters chance at beating OSU, Tech and WV setting up a possible Big 12 showdown with Baylor for the Big 12. Mack has to win out in order to keep his job and he's not going down without fighting. Good to see he's still got some fire in his belly.

How bad was Diaz. OMG. Robinson has come in here from his desk job at UT and given this defense exactly what they needed. Pathetic how badly trained and organized this defense was under Diaz. Sadly, it should have been done in the offseason and it took two early L's and a warrant for Mack's job to get anything done.

If they could somehow get past OSU and Tech (both at home) and squeeze a win out at WV, I think most Texas fans would be ecstastic no matter what happens against Baylor.

Auburn does have a similar offense to Oregon and Bama.

(also sarcasm)

:)

(also sarcasm)

Statistically speaking, in Total Offense, we do have a better offense than Alabama. Ranked #13 Offense in NCAA, where Bama is #28.

Statistically speaking, in Rushing Offense, we are the #4 Rush Offense in the country, behind Oregon who is #2 and Alabama who is #25

(No sarcasm)

(also sarcasm)

No stretch to say Auburn's offense is on par with Bama.

Their offense is horrible.

(Seth- It was sarcasm...)
I was wondering what you were talking about until I processed the sarcasm periods at the end of your statement. Funny it took me a while as I use them all the time.

So only weeks after the NCAA ruling on Clinton Dix from Alabama over money he received from a coach, and giving him a two game suspension. The NCAA rules on Mo Couch, proclaiming him ineligible as an amateur forevermore.

I agree that what Couch had done was wrong. Had the NCAA done their jobs then the Vols wins from last year and the first two wins of this season would've been vacated. That would've been fair. That's how they were should have ruled. Of course had they done that they would've been forced to vacate Alabama's National Championship. So they didn't.

The NCAA is about as corrupt as they come. Inconsistency is a value that they live by on a constant basis. It becoming glaringly obvious that they are blatantly keeping Alabama's nose clean and sweeping their messes under the rug at every turn.

Statistically speaking, in Total Offense, we do have a better offense than Alabama. Ranked #13 Offense in NCAA, where Bama is #28.

Statistically speaking, in Rushing Offense, we are the #4 Rush Offense in the country, behind Oregon who is #2 and Alabama who is #25

(No sarcasm)

Stats can work for anyone. Statistically speaking Bama scores more PPG and has more passing yards per game.

Honestly...if you guys have more rush attempts than pass attempts next week I'll take it. Our secondary is about as good as some local high school teams (Actually worse). Unless of course, most of that rushing is from your QB and then we are just screwed.

Good news is we will be able to compare Auburn v Bama a little better after Nov 30. A game in which I really don't care who wins.

This is the first time in quite a while that I can remember the UGA/Florida game not being of any importance to either the national or SECE scene. I can guarantee that it is of major importance to all Dawg and Gator fans though.

DawgsGators.jpg

So only weeks after the NCAA ruling on Clinton Dix from Alabama over money he received from a coach, and giving him a two game suspension. The NCAA rules on Mo Couch, proclaiming him ineligible as an amateur forevermore.

I agree that what Couch had done was wrong. Had the NCAA done their jobs then the Vols wins from last year and the first two wins of this season would've been vacated. That would've been fair. That's how they were should have ruled. Of course had they done that they would've been forced to vacate Alabama's National Championship. So they didn't.

The NCAA is about as corrupt as they come. Inconsistency is a value that they live by on a constant basis. It becoming glaringly obvious that they are blatantly keeping Alabama's nose clean and sweeping their messes under the rug at every turn.

Fun trying to compete on a very non-level playing field, isn't it?

Stats can work for anyone. Statistically speaking Bama scores more PPG and has more passing yards per game.

Honestly...if you guys have more rush attempts than pass attempts next week I'll take it. Our secondary is about as good as some local high school teams (Actually worse). Unless of course, most of that rushing is from your QB and then we are just screwed.

Good news is we will be able to compare Auburn v Bama a little better after Nov 30. A game in which I really don't care who wins.

We are talking about 4 points per game difference, not a wide margin, and of course we scored 5 more against ole miss and they scored 4 more against johnny and the gang.

I'm not comparing the total team, obviously Bama is better on the defensive side, but I have no problem saying Auburn's offense is right there with bamas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back