Cleveland Smart Sole Wedges Preview

I don't know if I would have enough reason to replace my CG14 with this SW due to all of the tight lies at my home course, but I can think of a few specific shots in which it would definitely come in handy.

I don't know if I would have enough reason to replace my CG14 with this SW due to all of the tight lies at my home course, but I can think of a few specific shots in which it would definitely come in handy.
I did not find a shot on the course yesterday that I could play with my 58* RTX that I couldnt play with this one.

Also of note, the loft on the S Wedge is 58*

I just went and looked a the specs of this one on the Cleveland site, as prior to that, I had no clue.

This SW continues to intrigue me as a specialty club. To completely eliminate certain aspects of a part of the game that many struggle with, to me is a very good thing.

This SW continues to intrigue me as a specialty club. To completely eliminate certain aspects of a part of the game that many struggle with, to me is a very good thing.

I was literally just thinking about this club. I'm wondering if I could cover all my gaps with the C and SW. Hmmmmmm...

I was literally just thinking about this club. I'm wondering if I could cover all my gaps with the C and SW. Hmmmmmm...
Kind of thinking the same question. Also wish this was available in a raw finish.

JB and I talked about that during our round, and I think I would definitely need something in between the 49* C and the 58* S.

JB and I talked about that during our round, and I think I would definitely need something in between the 49* C and the 58* S.

Its an intriguing thing to think about. I know when I was gaming my 49* Niblick it was a club i felt comfortable taking 125-130 full swings all the way down to 70 yard shots. Very curious to think about if I could get by with just these two.

Its an intriguing thing to think about. I know when I was gaming my 49* Niblick it was a club i felt comfortable taking 125-130 full swings all the way down to 70 yard shots. Very curious to think about if I could get by with just these two.
I need to compare the two, but this one was quite shorter than my 49* Niblick (physical length), nearly the length of my putter (35").

I need to compare the two, but this one was quite shorter than my 49* Niblick (physical length), nearly the length of my putter (35").

Niblick was originally 35" as well, I actually put full length (as to where my gap wedge wound normally be) shafts in the two I had because of that. Loved that thing on a full swing.

Actually, looking at it they're only 1/4 to 1/2 shorter than my normal gap wedge depending on which one I'm using.

Niblick was originally 35" as well, I actually put full length (as to where my gap wedge wound normally be) shafts in the two I had because of that. Loved that thing on a full swing.

Okay I have to ask. Im already regretting it but I have to. With a full length shaft and taking a full swing with it, how can you then think other irons have top lines that are too thick to use mentally?

Ah ok, was wondering.

Okay I have to ask. Im already regretting it but I have to. With a full length shaft and taking a full swing with it, how can you then think other irons have top lines that are too thick to use mentally?

I don't think they are, I've gamed them and still absolutely love my altitudes, my WHOLE thing with what I have said there is that I feel like, for me, a more demanding look at address makes me focus on my swing more, that's it. Its something I've seen time and time again for me, is it mental? Yes, 100% and I have never denied that ever. Offset bothers me way more than topline, that's why I got on so well with my Alts, BUT, again I full recognize that this is all mental.

I can play ANY iron out there physically, I know that, but I've got a look that is just my preference, no more, no less. Its just not that big of a deal to me that it is my preference, its me and how I am.

Anyways. I guess I'll just leave everything at I hope to try this sometime, I like all golf equipment and they intrigue me, especially with the feedback we've received so far.

James- If you were to go to a 2 wedge setup like this, would you stick with the S for greenside use?

James- If you were to go to a 2 wedge setup like this, would you stick with the S for greenside use?

I don't know, that's the really curious thing to me and why it was kinda a wildly insane ponder. The hardpan issue comes to mind for me, because around here when it dries out its like concrete haha. I know the C would be fun around there b/c I actually used the Niblick more around the green than any other club in my bag.

Honestly, no clue, but it sure is fun to think about!

very intrigued by everything that's been said on these. I'm still not sure I could mentally get over the looks of them, but I am going to try to find these to hit once they are out.

I am definitely getting these wedges for Christmas. Go Cleveland Golf! Can't wait to hit them.

very intrigued by everything that's been said on these. I'm still not sure I could mentally get over the looks of them, but I am going to try to find these to hit once they are out.
I'm right there with you buddy. I don't think these are something I would game. Maybe it's the traditionalist in me or whatever. It's just not something I would purchase just to try out.

These were loved by just about everybody that tried them this weekend. The S wedge is something else. Talk about making the sand game simple.

These were loved by just about everybody that tried them this weekend. The S wedge is something else. Talk about making the sand game simple.

Great to hear JB. How is the spin factor on them?

They offer plenty of spin. In fact due to such clean contact they bring, the spin is very good.

Must have...

JB,
How are they on tight lies?

Back