Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the Chromecast. Streaming movies online and casting them to the TV is such an easier way to go about watching movies rather than downloading them...or buying them.

Almost identical stats to our no name brand for the bedroom. Good stuff.

I kept a close eye out for non-mainstream names and really didn't see much in the way of options...

After six or seven stops, it came clear that I'd be the most satisfied with the Vizio. At the end of the day, for 50 bucks or so, I'll homer it up hahaha!

Please keep me updated on the quality of your bedroom TV. Obviously this'll be a good chat for 2016, but I'd like to know!

I kept a close eye out for non-mainstream names and really didn't see much in the way of options...

After six or seven stops, it came clear that I'd be the most satisfied with the Vizio. At the end of the day, for 50 bucks or so, I'll homer it up hahaha!

Please keep me updated on the quality of your bedroom TV. Obviously this'll be a good chat for 2016, but I'd like to know!

I agree. If you know you like the brand and it was a price that matched your budget, you did great. The bedroom one so far is awesome. It has shown me that with how much more we paid for our main living room TV, its just not necessary anymore. We wont be replacing any time soon, but when we do, budget concious is where I am looking.

Well, the TV hunt is over. Went to every retailer around today, and ended up with a 39" Vizio from Sam's Club for 375. 1080p LED, 120Hz. Smart TV. It's a beauty. Compared to everything else, the price could not be beat, and we've had great experiences with Vizio's over the last five or so years.

Pretty pumped. Gaming on this bad boy is really nice. Wasn't anticipating the 7 inch upgrade, but it sure is welcomed!
Nice, Dan!

I have had my eye on a 65" Vizio Smart TV from Costco.

I want it, bad.

I agree. If you know you like the brand and it was a price that matched your budget, you did great. The bedroom one so far is awesome. It has shown me that with how much more we paid for our main living room TV, its just not necessary anymore. We wont be replacing any time soon, but when we do, budget concious is where I am looking.

I can't get over just how feasible these things are right now... This TV is massive, and it really didn't break the budget for 300-400.

I've never been one to need a monster 50-60 incher. At nearly 40 inches, I'm overjoyed at everything this bad boy is loaded with.

Nice, Dan!

I want it, bad.

with PS4 release i've been at costco a lot looking at 60-65" tvs a lot. trying to talk the roomie into getting it and me pitching in.

Nice, Dan!

I want it, bad.

hahahaha!!! We walked by the big ones as we returned for the second time and I said "screw it, let's get the monster" -- which i think was still under a grand and huuuuuuge.

She laughed at me. I don't blame her. I only sit about 6 feet away from my tv... Turning my head to watch all of it seems stupid hahaha

hahahaha!!! We walked by the big ones as we returned for the second time and I said "screw it, let's get the monster" -- which i think was still under a grand and huuuuuuge.

She laughed at me. I don't blame her. I only sit about 6 feet away from my tv... Turning my head to watch all of it seems stupid hahaha
Could be a different story in that new condo buddy....but they will be there then too

The 60" Vizio is still under 1k. I need it.

Could be, but probably won't be. I like having a cubby. Like being close to TVs.

I say GO for it!
Not right now, bro. In due time.

Our 55" Visio from costco was $800 last August. Upgraded from a 37" and love it. But our couch is 12' away from the tv so a bigger screen makes good sense. Aside from taking about 60 seconds to really turn on and be ready to show anything it is fantastic. Only wish it was a 240hz instead of 120hz as there is some slight ghosting with fast motion.

Gently tapped like a downhill three-footer.

JB what is the name of the tv you have in your bedroom? I am in the market currently

I can't get over just how feasible these things are right now... This TV is massive, and it really didn't break the budget for 300-400.

I've never been one to need a monster 50-60 incher. At nearly 40 inches, I'm overjoyed at everything this bad boy is loaded with.
I used to think that. Now we are looking to go from 52 to 70 inches!

The 60" Vizio is still under 1k. I need it.
The 70" at Sams is $1688. I don't think it's a Smart TV though. I don't need smart. Chromecast is good enough for me I think.

Online, here's the 70". Smart TV, 120hz

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/vizio-70-s-bndle-70-tv-with-mount/prod9570043.ip?navAction=push (this one is actually $90 cheaper with a mount kit than if you buy it without the mount kit!)
Here it is without the mount kit: http://www.samsclub.com/sams/70-120hz-led-wifi-1080p-4-hdmi-wifi/prod8060635.ip?navAction=push

Here is a 70" Sharp Aquos that is $1949, but is on sale and they won't tell you what it is until you begin to check out: http://www.samsclub.com/sams/70-120hz-led-wifi-1080p-4-hdmi-wifi/prod9300319.ip?navAction=push

All of those are 70", 120hz, and with wifi.

They have 80 and 90 inches too, hahaha.

JB what is the name of the tv you have in your bedroom? I am in the market currently

Check out Panasonic. Ours has a much better picture than our Sharp Aquos. We would use it in the living room, but it's 10" smaller.

I used to think that. Now we are looking to go from 52 to 70 inches!

They have 80 and 90 inches too, hahaha.

I can't help but think the same thing Smalls! This usually ticks off my wife though! lol
We have two 55" tv's (one smart) and I've been looking at 60" or more (smart) so I can put the 55" (smart) in our bedroom and move our 37" to the workout room and put the new 60" (smart) in the living room.
80 or 90 sounds extremly large, however I have vaulet celing in my living room, so it would probably look decently normal there...sooooo. ha ha ha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Our old entertainment center was only slightly bigger than an 80" TV. That really put it in perspective for me. More of a theater screen than a tv after a certain point. Like Barney Stinson's full-wall tv on how I met your mother.

Gently tapped like a downhill three-footer.

I have a 55" in the living room and 47" (I think) in the bedroom.

I must have bad eyes;)
Phone: Note 2
Tablet: Note 10.1"
Laptop: 17.3"
Bed Tv: 40"
Liv Tv: 67"
tappin from my big as note2

Sale price is $1798 FWIW

Thanks. I was wondering, but since I am not buying right now I didn't want to go through the process!

Been pondering a vector for a few months and just found one last night for a great deal on eBay... It will be here Friday.

E94F9FC8-3BB7-45B8-9771-BA8EF8CEEB48-2001-000002D0253E3099_zpsa94aba1b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't help but think the same thing Smalls! This usually ticks off my wife though! lol
We have two 55" tv's (one smart) and I've been looking at 60" or more (smart) so I can put the 55" (smart) in our bedroom and move our 37" to the workout room and put the new 60" (smart) in the living room.
80 or 90 sounds extremly large, however I have vaulet celing in my living room, so it would probably look decently normal there...sooooo. ha ha ha

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I know a guy who can take one of those TVs off your hands instead of transferring it to your bedroom...just sayin. :handshake: :wink:

Best wireless charging pad?

Been looking at the Nokia 920, but the price isn't exactly appealing. Just looking for something to leave beside the bed at night for the Nexus 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back