Staff Bags & Using Them

I like it

Staff bags are awesome.

I am going to have to find a new one to add to the collection. Maybe a Japanese Nike staff bag. A staff bag from a shaft company would be awesome. A Fujikura or Matrix. Hopkins better release a staff bag. Because that would be awesome.

Sun Mountain just came out with what they call the "Tour Series" for 2014. It has a 14 way top. I have not seen one of these in person.

http://www.sunmountain.com/2014-tour...42-detail.html

Sorry about the double post.

That's an awesome looking bag, thanks! However, I wish I would have seen that a few days ago... I just pulled the trigger on a Titleist Midsize Staffer. Ha!

gezuhy4u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love staff bags and personally feel ilke the staff bag should identify the set of clubs in the bag. I have a practically brand new Taylormade staff bag but when I picked up a set of AP2's I knew that I would't feel right without getting the Titleist staff bag to match. Nothing I do in life is logical so I know this isn't either. My skill level does not come close to the level of my equipment but I'm certainly not going to buy the equipment that matches. Most days my clubs would have loose heads, no grips, and a walmart logo on back of the head. I love only having myself to blame and not my equipment when I hit a bad shot… but it doesn't stop me from trying.

I am the proud owner of my first staff bag; an orange/white Cobra. I have no intentions of it ever leaving the house and right now it's looking super sexy right next to the tv with my driver/shaft collection in it. My wife is thrilled :angel:

I love staff bags and personally feel ilke the staff bag should identify the set of clubs in the bag. I have a practically brand new Taylormade staff bag but when I picked up a set of AP2's I knew that I would't feel right without getting the Titleist staff bag to match. Nothing I do in life is logical so I know this isn't either. My skill level does not come close to the level of my equipment but I'm certainly not going to buy the equipment that matches. Most days my clubs would have loose heads, no grips, and a walmart logo on back of the head. I love only having myself to blame and not my equipment when I hit a bad shot… but it doesn't stop me from trying.

Agreed. I almost pulled the trigger on a Taylormade T2 staffer but before I did, I went and test drove some AP1's and fell in-love, so I pulled the trigger on those... and then bought the bag to match. :rockon:

I'm a fan of staff bags. I just like all the extra room and the benefit of clubs not getting as tangled pulling them out of their slot.

I'm a fan of staff bags. I just like all the extra room and the benefit of clubs not getting as tangled pulling them out of their slot.

Same here...except packing them into travel bags

Love mine for that reason!

I want a complete custom one, just haven't found a reasonable priced one.

Same here...except packing them into travel bags

Nah I think you showed us a pretty good way to do that a few months ago hehe

Staff bag prices you just have to stalk. An older model from a few years ago could save you a ton of money in comparison to a newer priced one

I'm still using my Callaway bag from the Morgan Cup. I just can't seem to get my clubs out of it for some reason.

I used mine all the way through the Des Moines Tour Van Stop of October 2012 (I think it was October). Then started using it again this year until we got our Staff stand bags. I will have to decide which I want to use next year.

I'm still using my Callaway bag from the Morgan Cup. I just can't seem to get my clubs out of it for some reason.

How are you doing at keeping it clean Nate?

I used to think a staff bag would be cool, but not so much anymore. I don't have a staff bag game.

All that's required to game a staff bag is desire.

I used to think a staff bag would be cool, but not so much anymore. I don't have a staff bag game.

You play golf don't you? Then you have a staff bag game duey!

Of this year's 32 Morgan Cuppers, who are still using their staff bag (when using a riding cart of course)?

Of this year's 32 Morgan Cuppers, who are still using their staff bag (when using a riding cart of course)?

I never ride but if I did I would use my staffer.

How are you doing at keeping it clean Nate?

Haven't done much yet but there are some spots where you can tell there is some dirt spots. Will probably hit it with some OxiClean pretty soon.

Yup 10 is better than average handicap, Staff bags are better than average looking. Adams makes a nice understated staff bag....

Staff bags always seam big and heavy to me, ive never had one so not sure if they are. Do they fit on trundlers? or are they really only good for a cart. Also on a trundler its easier for your bag to have all the pockets on the side and top but don't staff bags have pockets on the back that would be covered up and hard to access.

Staff bags always seam big and heavy to me, ive never had one so not sure if they are. Do they fit on trundlers? or are they really only good for a cart. Also on a trundler its easier for your bag to have all the pockets on the side and top but don't staff bags have pockets on the back that would be covered up and hard to access.

Clickgear solved that problem with a Staff Bag Kit for their cart/trolley/trundler. Makes access to all the pockets easier.

As for weight, there's about 4 pounds difference between that and a carry bag so on a top rank push cart - not that huge a difference to push it.

I am the proud owner of my first staff bag; an orange/white Cobra. I have no intentions of it ever leaving the house and right now it's looking super sexy right next to the tv with my driver/shaft collection in it. My wife is thrilled :angel:

Staffers rock! You should let it leave the house sometime though - looks too good to just sit around! Wait till spring though so it won't get wet :)

Back