DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to lie, love seeing so many Albatross Club tags from our DFW crew.
Just signed up for next year too! I use the site for way to much info as it is--you have my support as long as your here!

I can play with you at Lake Park also. I'm not that far and I played the executive course not that long ago.

Lake park is the home course for me--I play with the men's Golf Association there. I actually had free passes from a tourney so we played on Sunday afternoon--I love that course--so wide open. Its fun to put up scores there--still my best rounds at LP.

We WILL make something happen, bank on it!

Sounds good buddy! Heck I could probably leave my mom's early Saturday morning and play and then grab a hotel and play again on Sunday.

Sounds good buddy! Heck I could probably leave my mom's early Saturday morning and play and then grab a hotel and play again on Sunday.

We shall figure something out without a doubt!

Just got back in from doing my civic responsibility of jury duty and see this. I think the DFW has really grown the last 2 years and is getting stronger. Love seeing that so many are signing up for the Albatross club. Great group building in this area.
Not going to lie, love seeing so many Albatross Club tags from our DFW crew.

Lake park is the home course for me--I play with the men's Golf Association there. I actually had free passes from a tourney so we played on Sunday afternoon--I love that course--so wide open. Its fun to put up scores there--still my best rounds at LP.

sounds like just the confidence booster the Dr. ordered :D

I will be gaming my new R1 for the first time this weekend... it could be beautiful and it could be ugly. If I'm lucky there will be patches of both.

Got a little surprise today, while driving in traffic to downtown Ft. Worth. It seems I won a putter from iGolfReviews on Twitter. It actually kind of made my morning, since I was about to be standing in the rain, waiting for a bus to take me downtown. Very surprised and excited to see what it is. I had forgotten all about the entry.

Got a little surprise today, while driving in traffic to downtown Ft. Worth. It seems I won a putter from iGolfReviews on Twitter. It actually kind of made my morning, since I was about to be standing in the rain, waiting for a bus to take me downtown. Very surprised and excited to see what it is. I had forgotten all about the entry.

DFW crew getting in on this?

http://www.myavidgolfer.com/subscribe/dallas-2014-(2).aspx

Awesome!!! Nothing like winning something!!! Great stuff!

Last edited:
This is how I looked at this. It definitely brightened up my day.
Awesome!!! Nothing like winning something!!! Great stuff!

Gonna join us Saturday morning?

I don't know much about the subscription but their daily deals (without sub) are pretty solid. I can only imagine that the sub ones are even better. I might have to give it a try... it does say that several courses on the list offer weekend rates. Seems like if you have your own cart (I do not) you can really save some money.

I bought this las t year and never used a single one. I think Aaron and Doug have this and use it quite frequently. It is not a bad deal if you can play during the week. When I had it, I was getting deals just as good or better through other sites.

This is correct. Weekday play is basically a must. There are only 8 weekend rounds this year, there were like 12 in 2013, and i believe 14-15 in 2012 so it was easier. I am not sure if we are going to buy it again this year because of some of the restrictions and the fact that if you have a little patience on GolfNow/IdealGolfer you can get very similar rates. The other part is I have bought it to get a cheaper rate on some courses that I wanted to played at least once (Cowboys, Tour 18, Links at Lands End, Bridlewood) but didnt want to pay 80+ for. I havent thoroughly examined the list for 2014, but for 2013 there are at least 6 courses that are more than an hour from me and some closer to 2+. I dont want to talk anyone out of it, but just make sure you know what you are getting when you go in from a 2yr vet! If there are any questions feel free to let me know.

Ideal Golfer has Sky Creek for $39. Any interest?

Details:

Valid Monday-Friday ANYTIME and Saturday-Sunday after 11 AM
Expires 1-5-2014
Limit 4 per person; can purchase up to 4 additional as gifts
Cannot be combined with other offers, discounts, leagues or tournaments
Not valid on previously booked Tee Times
Not valid on holidays; Blackout 11/28-29, 12/24-26

PRICE INCLUDES: 1 paid green fee with cart, bucket of range balls and taxes

Just got mine!

I'm pretty tempted... seems like they run good deals at Sky Creek quite often, though. weather between now and the expiration date plus my schedule means I might waste $39 =\

I'm pretty tempted... seems like they run good deals at Sky Creek quite often, though. weather between now and the expiration date plus my schedule means I might waste $39 =\

That do run this special 2/3 times a year. Being that this is the closest course to me and it's a great course, I like to take advantage of it. I have eaten them a time or two also. I hate when that happens.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Good info guys, I will pass on the AvidGolfer deal as weekday play is not the norm for me.

For those of you buying the SkyCreek pass beware of the greens. I played in an outing there recently and not only are the greens thin but some type of weed has invaded the greens. Hopefully the cooler weather kills it off and they get back to normal.

For those of you buying the SkyCreek pass beware of the greens. I played in an outing there recently and not only are the greens thin but some type of weed has invaded the greens. Hopefully the cooler weather kills it off and they get back to normal.

The last time I was at Sky Creek, the practice greens did have a weed problem. But that was like 8 weeks ago. How long has it been since you were over there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back