Favorite music artists

Great topic. A few of my favs... DMB, Mumford & Sons, Muse, Bob Marley, Marv Ellis, and then more recently I have been getting into BPM on Sirius. Love complex beats.

Top 3 for me are:

Radiohead
Wilco
Arcade Fire

If you ask me tomorrow it might be different.

Hmmmm. I like to mix it up quite a bit: Willie Nelson, George Jones, Couting Crows, Hootie, Kanye, Z-Ro/Trae, Dilated Peoples, Fugees, Johnny Cash, Michael Jackson, Waylon among many others.

I like just about everything, but lately I've been listening to a lot of Mumford & Sons. And by a lot, I mean I'm not listening to anything else.

I like just about everything, but lately I've been listening to a lot of Mumford & Sons. And by a lot, I mean I'm not listening to anything else.

Right there with you as of late.

Alisha Keys, Aaron Neville, Pink Floyd, Ray Charles and U2 TO NAME A FEW.

I go through phases where I listen to different genres. If it's jamband, then DMB, Blues Traveler, Phish, Widespread Panic. If it's jazz/funk, then Soulive, Greyboy Allstars, Karl Denson, Galactic, John Scofield. If it's soul/r&b, then Stevie Wonder, James Brown, Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye, Sharon Jones, Fitz & the Tantrums. If it's singer-songwriter, then Jason Mraz, Ray LaMontagne, David Gray. And there is always Billy Joel, Frank Sinatra & Johnny Cash in rotation.

I've really been getting into Joe Bonamassa lately.

Has anybody ever listened to King Crimson, there great.

My top 3 would be as listed 1) TOOL 2) A Perfect Circle 3) KillSwitch Engage. I'm a huge Maynard fan as anyone can tell by my top 2. I like some older alternative grundge too like Nirvana and Alice in Chains.

Metallica, Thin Lizzy, and Mastodon. In that order. And other than the top two, third place is always in flux.

Still this. Third place is currently Volbeat. Mastodon is currently 5. Beastie Boys are in the #4 spot.

VOLBEAT

Love to listen to Jeff and throw in some Robin Trower.

I like you already! Robin Trower, the king of blues rock guitar, and a great guy! My favorite guitar player, tone, vibrato, feeling, whalin' cryin' bendin'... one of the BEST!

THE BEATLES! Is there another band anywhere, of any time period like them? So diverse, so much talent, so hilarious, so ground breaking...

So yea, The Beatles, Robin Trower, Joe Satriani, Lincoln Brewster, The Stones... I've just dated myself. :disapointed:

Right now for me it's Pop Evil and FFDP

The Avett Brothers, Old Crow Medicine Show, Mumford and Sons, Zac Brown Band. To name a few

REM, Blink 182, Alice in Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, Interpol, Catherine Wheel, Silversun Pickups, Travis, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Cure, Death Cab, Metallica, & Simon and Garfunkel.

1st 3 are my faves by far...

I have always been a fan of Lynyrd Skynyrd and the Rolling Stones. It is my opinion, that the best party song will forever be Louie, Louie by the Kingsmen. But I mostly listen to my collection series for Motown and Stax, those songs bring back some great memories of my younger days.

The Avett Brothers, Old Crow Medicine Show, Mumford and Sons, Zac Brown Band. To name a few
I like this list. And lately, I'd add the Lumineers.

I can't narrow it down to just 3 but here are my faves in somewhat order:

The Beatles, Crowded House/Neil Finn, DMB, Bela Fleck & The Flecktones plus all of Bela's solo and projects, Simple Minds, U2.

Led Zeppelin all time favorite. Earth Wind and Fire, john legend, Sade, marshal mathers

Rolling Stones
Wilco
My Morning Jacket

1th King crimson.

2th Emerson Lake And Palmer.

3th Jethro Tull.

I have so many favorites, but I'll stick with these for now.

At my age the list of "favorite" bands/artists is too long to even contemplate but here are my CURRENT faves:
Drive-By Truckers
Queens of the Stone Age
Jack White/The Raconteurs
The Black Keys
Joe Bonamassa
Switchblade Jesus

OK, I'll bite - #1 favorite band of all time = Black Sabbath, all others follow

Last edited:
Rush is my all time. seen them in concert 4 times, hopefully 5 this coming summer. I'm a classic rock guy, like, Zep, Floyd, Supertramp, Thin Lizzy, Doors, early Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green, etc.......

I also like some 80s metal like Priest, Megadeth, Testament, the first 2 Motley Crue albums ( no glam), Man a War.

And then some 90s alternative, like Pearl Jam ( other favorite), Collective Soul, Smashing Pumpkins.

Back