Titleist 714 AP1 Review Thread

Did compare to the SpeedBlades last night for a comparison to other GI irons and the blade length is a little smaller. Less offset. Sole is similar size, but maybe a bit smaller.

Interested in your thoughts, I have a set on the UPS truck right now that should show up late morning. Hoping to find 30 minutes to hit the range this afternoon.

Interested in your thoughts, I have a set on the UPS truck right now that should show up late morning. Hoping to find 30 minutes to hit the range this afternoon.

Nice.

Hoping to get a little time on a Vector with them tonight. High hopes for these. They look fantastic at address.

I love the finish - had the original AP1's for a season and really enjoyed them but they marked up and looked 10 years old after about 5 rounds.

Awesome pics man. I can't wait to read your thoughts. I think you are going to really enjoy them.

Nice.

Hoping to get a little time on a Vector with them tonight. High hopes for these. They look fantastic at address.

This to me was a highlight as well. For a GI iron, they frame the ball EXTREMELY well at address.

Great looking irons. Love that they are putting them on the XP 95 shaft. Look forward to hearing what your thoughts are on these.

gosh those sure do look nice. I used to think some of the previous AP1 releases looked a bit clunky. I don't see that here. Love the shaft option too

This to me was a highlight as well. For a GI iron, they frame the ball EXTREMELY well at address.

gosh those sure do look nice. I used to think some of the previous AP1 releases looked a bit clunky. I don't see that here. Love the shaft option too

WCBM nailed it. While larger like most GI irons, they set up extremely nice.

WCBM nailed it. While larger like most GI irons, they set up extremely nice.

It almost looks like they have less offset than they do because of the way they set up. Beautifully done in my opinion.

Those scream HIT ME HAWK!

I keep staring. I can't help it.

I know it's a small detail, but it's nice to have the loft on the W wedge!

Those scream HIT ME HAWK!

I keep staring. I can't help it.

You're telling me, but here I am sitting on my butt. Boo.

I think the main reason for that is that there are two of them. Just to avoid confusion.

I overlooked this and it is totally true. Nice added feature.

They certainly look pretty. Expecting SpeedBlade v 714 AP1 comparisons.

~Rock

I like these but the 48* GW has me worried about wedge gaps. I'd have to go to 48/52/56 or 48/52/58. Alternatively just go 48/54/60 but then I can't have a 3i or hybrid. Maybe the USGA will let us have 15 clubs soon?

They certainly look pretty. Expecting SpeedBlade v 714 AP1 comparisons.

~Rock

You can count on it. Those are the benchmark for me at the moment. They look better at address. I'll say that right now. Not even based on size, because they are very similar there.

I like these but the 48* GW has me worried about wedge gaps. I'd have to go to 48/52/56 or 48/52/58. Alternatively just go 48/54/60 but then I can't have a 3i or hybrid. Maybe the USGA will let us have 15 clubs soon?

I'm not changing anything. I'll have 1° extra from my current set up, but that's chump change.

I have thought about this at length as well. For most of the courses I play I actually don't need a 3 iron distance. I took out my 4 iron for part of the year as well and adjusted my cobra amp cell hybo to 22 degrees - splitting the loft between my 3 hybo and my 4. It worked out well for me. Just a thought.

I think I just fell in LOVE, those are beautiful! I need to get them in-hand to try...

Can't wait to read your thoughts! I'll be going in for a fitting in these in the next month or so. Titleist claims their 714 ap2 to be more forgiving than the original ap1, it makes me curious to see how forgiving the new ap1s are going to be.

IMO the new AP2's are stupid forgiving for as small as they are and how workable they are. I am not a scratch golfer but my iron play is way better than my handicap shows and I had no trouble tagging the 2's well.

Hawk I'm interested in what ball flight you will get with the XP95's.

man those are some awesome looking irons, the in hand pics are sweet

I've always been a fan of the AP's over the years. There is just something about the look and design that I've always liked. One of my good friends, who was also the Head Golf Pro at the course I worked at, has ALWAYS gamed Titleist clubs, but new the AP's. He always used the Tour blades, but he was really good, and could.
I'll be watching this thread to see your take on these clubs, Hawk. Have fun with those, they look sweet.

Guys, to clarify - Titleist asked for specs (rather than guessing), which is what they want consumers to do as well. As such, I'm testing these w/ KBS Tours.

Guys, to clarify - Titleist asked for specs (rather than guessing), which is what they want consumers to do as well. As such, I'm testing these w/ KBS Tours.

Nice...KBS Tours should make the flight off those a sweet thing to watch.

Back