DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it dude. I think you may come to really enjoy that one especially if you already have the SPi posture/form, etc and don't have a reliance on the sight dot.

I hope so. But I think I will need some help from you in his to approach the use of a longer putter. You have got it down pretty well, but I am not sure if how to handle the length.

I hope so. But I think I will need some help from you in his to approach the use of a longer putter. You have got it down pretty well, but I am not sure if how to handle the length.

No problem, we can work on it. For me, it's about letting the hands fall naturally with my posture. This is what the longer putter enables me to feel comfortable with where with the 35" putter, I feel weird if my hands are not gripping very near the end of the putter. If I feel forced to grip near the end, it causes my elbows to tense up which is opposite of what I'm trying to do. Letting the arms fall naturally also quiets the hands/wrists allowing for the simple rock of the shoulders.

Anyone going to get the Old American deal at idealgolfer?

I saw it, and while I'm sure its a fantastic track, I won't pay that much for a round right now after all the spending I've been doing lately and the trip this weekend.

You know that I am. That sounds like fun.
Hey, when I got home and saw that putter that I won, found out that it is close to 40" and back weighted. Did not know that about the Heavy putter. Should be fun messing around with that (for me). I know you and Aaron are quite experienced with those.

No problem, we can work on it. For me, it's about letting the hands fall naturally with my posture. This is what the longer putter enables me to feel comfortable with where with the 35" putter, I feel weird if my hands are not gripping very near the end of the putter. If I feel forced to grip near the end, it causes my elbows to tense up which is opposite of what I'm trying to do. Letting the arms fall naturally also quiets the hands/wrists allowing for the simple rock of the shoulders.

Cookie has it nailed Eddie. If you take your normal gamer and look at a full length mirror with your normal grip there is basically no grip to spare. If you can loosen your grip and let your wife pull the gamer from your hands and put the new putter there with where your normal positions are the grip, stance, and posture feel more natural and then the weighting makes it easier to just allow the shoulders to rock. I can see 40in being a bit too long for you, but its no problem to cut it down to 37-38.

Im going to pass on that one for now, too much future golf being paid for right now!

Y'all two have a great time this weekend!

We will, I got up this morning it was 43* in the back yard, I open the Gauntlet thread and see "Sunny and 82 today" to say im excited is an understatement!

You 2 boys going to the Gauntlet have a good time and good luck! Bring another trophy back to the DFW!

I actually know someone that works there that can get us on whenever for $75 or less so if one day any of you decide you want to play it then let me know.

Lets try to get something down for next weekend. I'm excited. Seems like most of us can play next Saturday.

Who can play next Saturday so I can set something up.

1. Capt.Dru
2. Mathew
3. Mworsham
4. Niteowl
5. Cookie (maybe)

Last edited:
I actually know someone that works there that can get us on whenever for $75 or less so if one day any of you decide you want to play it then let me know.

I love the sound of this Nate. I would sure be up for a round on this course someday. And at that price, I would splurge.

Andrew: if you guys end up going with an early to mid-morning tee time I should be in. I have kiddos next weekend so can't be gone majority of day, etc.

Don't plan around me though!! Do what the masses want.

Who can play next Saturday so I can set something up.

1. Capt.Dru
2. Mathew
3. Mworsham
4. Niteowl
5. Cookie (maybe)
6. Afwcardinal (maybe)

Here is the list so far.

Last edited:
I am a maybe. Not sure what the schedule is for me next weekend. Will have to check, but put me on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back