Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

I think I need to throw these back in the bag tomorrow.

Second shot on a par 5 that makes a hard dog leg left right before the green. Had to hit a high draw over/around an oak tree. I was trying to just get over the tree. Ended up about pin high to the right of the green with an uphill chip.

Hole.. 6 at Seminole?

I think I need to throw these back in the bag tomorrow.

I would if I didn't have the SpeedBlades currently, zero doubt.

i know there is a lot of love for these irons here, can anyone compare them to the nike vrs forged irons?

i know there is a lot of love for these irons here, can anyone compare them to the nike vrs forged irons?

I hit the Nike very very limited...so take it for what it's worth. Distance for me was similar but J40 felt so much better. I hit the Nike with the kids tour pearl white shafts which I still dream of...The J40 have been primarily hit with lighter shafts

I got out on the course today. I think turf interaction instead of matts at the range led to a greater appreciation for the feel these clubs offer, which is awesome. I had some bleeders right that weren't even that bad of misses but they landed in gawdawful locations and created some big numbers, but even those were flushed and distance, feel and trajectory were great. I had distance losses on mishits but it wasn't punitive. Low misses held their line very nicely. I even worked a low hook around a tree to get back in the fairway and set up a nice recovery shot (shaping shots isn't normally a big part of my game). Overall, I continue to like what I'm seeing out of the DPCs and feel like I may be growing into these clubs a bit, which is nice.

After a bit of a rough stretch with my irons I was once again a driving range hero. Shooting to targets at will and could play a straight ball or a draw, but I still think I'm striking the ball a touch fat. Off the mats that's not so bad but once I move to the soggy fairway all bets are off.
The feel of a well-struck ball with the J40 irons is simply what golf is all about.

Oh yes, they are here! Such a fantastic set of irons....that I'm oh so tempted to put into play this weekend.

null_zps2b7836a3.jpg

null_zpsa1c83484.jpg

Do it...u know u wanna

Very tempted. I know their distances better for sure but not familiar with shafts.

And UPS just pulled up!

Are these no longer being sold? I see that all you can purchase at least from the Bridgeston website is a combo set with the CB. That is a shame if they are not coming out with anything new until next year (which is only what I have read). Was going to pull the trigger on a set of these or new AP's in December. I do still see golf websites selling them so I assume that is what they have left in stock.

Oh yes, they are here! Such a fantastic set of irons....that I'm oh so tempted to put into play this weekend.

null_zps2b7836a3.jpg

null_zpsa1c83484.jpg

Very excited for you cookie. Will make next weekends round different, but extremely fun.

Off a tee it is manly, but off the deck I am still a little skeered :p

Just do it and don't think skeered. I want to hear about how blown away you are with this.

Just do it and don't think skeered. I want to hear about how blown away you are with this.

Tomorrow I plan on hitting every iron in the bag tomorrow :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomorrow I plan on hitting every iron in the bag tomorrow :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope you play good and the clubs performed above expectations. I would not expect anything less from you this weekend.

Welcome back to the fold, Cookie. Between SpeedBlades and DPCs you are in great shape.

No need for gory details...suffice to say I'm still loving these irons.

Awesome pairing head and those shafts; enjoy!!

Back