The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keegan was at RedTail??
I know, that's what I thought too: here was here? But I guess he was. My pro said he was there demo'ing clubs or doing club testing or something, I can't exactly remember. He ran into the shop and came back with a 3 or 4 page print out of his trackman numbers from when he was on site and we sat there and reviewed the numbers together. It was pretty cool.

I'm hitting the range tomorrow before physical therapy.

Working on setup, and not over swinging, focusing on good contact.

The THP Range/Practice Thread

Edit: Wrong thread..

Managed a good couple of hours at the range today after a few days off. Iron swing is in, driver swing is dying...got a lesson Wednesday to start addressing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great shot to learn! I've been working on that since it aired. It's deadly accurate

It really is and I was quite surprised by the results. I tend to come in steep with my wedges and when I'm off I tend to hit the ground first with some fat shots. This worked great with my wedges around the green and I used it a bunch with my 9 irons for some chip and runs. Very crisp contact and by having the toe down makes it very hard to dig the club into the ground. Almost felt like I was using a putter stroke on the chip but the results were very consistent.

Got a good range session in on Friday where I was working on a few things. I was beginning to see some of my missed drivers going to the left (pull or hook). I opened my Optiforce and took it from a 9.5 to 10.5. I also worked on getting my hands back and a bit behind the ball at address to help promote more of a cut on the ball at impact. I think this really did the trick. Worked great on the range and I only missed one drive left the next day on a tight tight hole that I probably shouldn't have used driver on. Was very pleased with the results.

Also worked on this hands behind the ball on my irons. I was coming through and releasing just a tab bit too early on my iron shots so put my hands behind the ball a bit more. Again, it brought back my little cut I was use to playing and had one of my best iron days in a good little while on Saturday.

Isn't golf a funny game, by just making a very small adjustment at address, causes shots to do things very differently. Great last weekend of range and play and looking forward to next weekend (even if the weather is looking crapy right now) of getting in 4 rounds of golf and a 4 man scramble to end it.

Spent an hour on the range working on my driver and trying to straighten out my slice. I have been able to get it down to more of a slight fade but on occasion the banana ball comes back. I also spent a lot of time working on my one hundred yards and in shots. Pretty good range day.

I went to the range over lunch and I was seeing much improved contact. Laid a club box outside the ball and I was making center contact or just off the heel. When I moved the box I hit a couple off the hosel, but I was able to adjust and hit about 30-35 in a row with a nice trajectory pretty much center of the clubface. I then switched to the driver and I am still seeing GREAT results with it. Switching back to irons gave me fits for 3-4 swings, but I got it back after that.

I think my swing is starting to come back to normal, I just need to trust it. I will go to the range again during lunch tomorrow and then bad weather starts to creep in until the weekend. I think by the #grandaddy I will be back to where I was. Such an odd thing that jumped into my swing, but I am fighting it off one day at a time

I went to the range over lunch and I was seeing much improved contact. Laid a club box outside the ball and I was making center contact or just off the heel. When I moved the box I hit a couple off the hosel, but I was able to adjust and hit about 30-35 in a row with a nice trajectory pretty much center of the clubface. I then switched to the driver and I am still seeing GREAT results with it. Switching back to irons gave me fits for 3-4 swings, but I got it back after that.

I think my swing is starting to come back to normal, I just need to trust it. I will go to the range again during lunch tomorrow and then bad weather starts to creep in until the weekend. I think by the #grandaddy I will be back to where I was. Such an odd thing that jumped into my swing, but I am fighting it off one day at a time

Hadn't heard from you so I assume all is well or you going a fix?

Hadn't heard from you so I assume all is well or you going a fix?

That range closed so the one I have been going to I dont really have any room to record myself Freddie. It is covered and there is very little room behind the mats before the wall....

I wouldn't say its 100% fixed, but I have been working hard on what you have told me and I am seeing some very good results. I am getting close man, and it is thanks in large part to you

I went to the range over lunch and I was seeing much improved contact. Laid a club box outside the ball and I was making center contact or just off the heel. When I moved the box I hit a couple off the hosel, but I was able to adjust and hit about 30-35 in a row with a nice trajectory pretty much center of the clubface.
I enjoy reading / learning about new drills. Thanks for sharing.

I' have a tendency to take the club away too inside. I do a drill where you place three balls in a row at an angle (the ball closest to you is nearer your back foot) and hit the middle ball while missing the outside two balls. It really helps.

Hit the range tonight.
Focused on setup.
Swinging through, and contact.

I was hitting the ball mostly where I wanted.
No draws or anything fancy, just mostly solid shots.

Few duffs, but that's expected right?

Overall happiness of the session is 8/10.

#Imwithharry

I was headed to the range today, but the course was pretty empty. I had a few particular things that I wanted to work on, so I just incorporated them into my round today. I have had the feeling that my right elbow has been sliding behind me to much on my back swing and that I am fighting to get it back on the thru swing. I think I was doing a nice job on the swing during the round. The reason I say that is I was striking the ball better than I have in a long time. Contact was so much better, I flew a few greens today with my normal stick (for the yardage) in my hand.My ball contact was solid on most of my shots all day. I even broke out hte 4i for two strikes on a par 5. One from the tee and my second trying for the green. The first was a nice shot with a slight draw, out there about 215. The second was from 215 out, but I left it out to the right of the green and ended up in the water. It was not the kind of shot that I was really that disappointed about. It traveled very nicely, mid high with plenty of distance. I just left it out to the right, with no avenue to miss to the right. I was wishful thinking to think that I could bring that short into that green, but I was out there trying different things. I was contect with the ball flight and what I saw from the swing. Overall, I was very encouraged by the swing I had today and will try to repeat it this weekend.

Very cool Eddie, good for you.

It's been fun following your path to the grandaddy both on and off the forum TH. I'm sure you'll be taking your best to Cali in a month.

Went to the range but only had 30 minutes before it closed. Worked on some stuff from my lesson the other day. Trying to weaken my grip a bit and keep the club face square at the top while hitting down and through the ball.

I think some range time is needed in my future, but could not pass up the chance to get on the course today. I was impressed with what I saw today. Realy wish I could get back to the range tomorrow, but I have a feeling that today was it for me for a while.
Very cool Eddie, good for you.

I didn't have a chance to hit my recently re-shafted long irons at my lesson night so I tied to sneak in a quick range session this morning. I go there to find out it is closed on Monday mornings. Palm to forehead.

Weather and lack of sun led me to practice putting at home. Worked on those pesky 3-4 footers. I think I might have to get a birdie ball putting green from Santa this year.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

That range closed so the one I have been going to I dont really have any room to record myself Freddie. It is covered and there is very little room behind the mats before the wall....

I wouldn't say its 100% fixed, but I have been working hard on what you have told me and I am seeing some very good results. I am getting close man, and it is thanks in large part to you
I'm glad you are making strides. Keep at it. I would like to see you warm up with a wood from this point forward. Work backwards in your bag. Let me know how that works for you

I haven't played in a month because of my back but I did get out in the yard today and hit about 30 pitch shots. I figure that will keep my game tuned up a bit.

I haven't played in a month because of my back but I did get out in the yard today and hit about 30 pitch shots. I figure that will keep my game tuned up a bit.

This makes me happy! Glad you can at least get out there and knock it around a little bit!

This makes me happy! Glad you can at least get out there and knock it around a little bit!

Oh yeah! Drugs can even get me through a round but I promised my physical therapist I would take time off from golf to give my back a chance to rest. It's only getting worse so I might as well play. :) Seeing a neurosurgeon Thursday.

Oh yeah! Drugs can even get me through a round but I promised my physical therapist I would take time off from golf to give my back a chance to rest. It's only getting worse so I might as well play. :) Seeing a neurosurgeon Thursday.

Hope your appointment goes well Kelly. So sorry to hear that rest is not helping your back heal. Keep us informed on how things go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back