The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I must say, the mere thought of gaining entry into the Morgan Cup has my heart racing a bit.

My first thought about the vine video, is that it is a creativity contest and was somewhat discouraged.
But then something happened, something hit me.

My "balls in the woods!" Idea came to me.
In the original,(the one I messed up) I had my beard, and it was awesome! But I failed to post it properly and lost it.
I literally wanted to cry, that was maybe my Mt. Everest of creativity.

The spirit of the Morgan Cup, and all it stands for, and what it means to me brought that out.

I am just bummed I messed it up!

I love seeing all of the excitement today about the official announcement for the 2014 Morgan Cup and the contest for the first 2 spots. Tadashi70 and Jman have already made eloquent posts about the event, but I wanted to put in my 2 cents since I've been extremely lucky to be a part of the first 3 editions of this event.

There will be 18 spots up for grabs over the next few months. For everyone that is applying, there will be ups and downs, but the most important thing to do is stay positive. If you are not picked in a particular contest, don't focus on the negative of being passed over, take your energy and put it into being happy for those that are picked and thinking about what you will do for the next contest. Every edition of the Morgan Cup has had plenty of first-timers in there, so for those that are trying to get in for the first time, keep that in mind. Also, put your heart into every submission that you do, because you never know which one will be "the one" that gets you into the field.

For those that are on the fence about whether to apply or not, there are usually 2 reasons for that: either you don't think your game is good enough right now, or you don't think that you can put in the time needed for the event. With the first issue: playing in a team competition is a tremendous motivator to improve on your game, and multiple people in the prior editions of the Morgan Cup have made huge improvements in their game between the time they were picked for the event and when the actual event came around. On the second issue: once you're in the Morgan Cup, you're part of a special group. You're part of a group that others on THP look up to because you have the opportunity of a lifetime. There's no doubt in my mind that anyone selected for this event will be able to put in the time on here and give back to the community.

Finally, this event is special because you're part of 3 teams. First and foremost, you're part of a team with 7 other individuals that are working towards the same goal, and 7 other individuals that will become lifelong friends for you. That's the way I feel about my guys on Team Paradise this year, I won't trade that experience for anything else. But you're also part of 2 other teams. The second team is the team of your equipment sponsor. You feel a connection not only between the other THPers on a company's staff, but you also feel that connection between yourself and the tour pros from that company. Seeing all of the staff bags from the same company lined up together is a special moment. Finally, you're part of the biggest team of all: the lucky 32 that get to experience the Morgan Cup. Having those pictures of all 32 guys lined up on Staff Sponsor Day is when it will really hit you, that you are part of a weekend that very few people will ever get to experience.

Best of luck to everyone that is going to apply for the 2014 Morgan Cup. Just like Jman said, this is the event that is at the top of the THP calendar every year, and it's an event that will leave you with memories that will last a lifetime.

Well said Ary!!

Well said Amol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been on THP for 3 years and this is the first year I'm throwing my name in for a chance at participating in the Morgan Cup

Why have I waited until now?

I mean who wouldn't want all of that shiny new equipment?! Well, I did, but it seemed like an awful lot to do just for some golf clubs.

But then it me last spring when I started reading about all of the prep work and meeting and playing with more thpers

I hit me all at once.

I didn't want to participate in the Morgan Cup because of the equipment.

It was about the journey.

And darn, I want to embark on this journey so friggen bad.

I had every intention of entering for this years Morgan Cup for the first time but due to my good fortune and being in #TheKing already I'm going to pass. I didn't enter last year because I was new here and it just wouldn't have been right to take a spot without understanding the magnitude of the event.

I know the feeling I got the moment I found out I was in an event like this and the fact that 21 more of you are going to have that feeling as well is simply awesome. Whatever that feeling is, whether it's belonging, excitement, nerves, thankfulness or a combination of everything it sure is kickass haha.

Im stoked for this announcement! Ive been waiting for the selections to open up since I sat in #Cookies living room with him and Jman watching the 2013 MC! I want to be a part of this so bad it hurts!

Great post Ary!

All this MC talk is getting my blood pumping. This event will change your life!

I've been on THP for 3 years and this is the first year I'm throwing my name in for a chance at participating in the Morgan Cup

Why have I waited until now?

I mean who wouldn't want all of that shiny new equipment?! Well, I did, but it seemed like an awful lot to do just for some golf clubs.

But then it me last spring when I started reading about all of the prep work and meeting and playing with more thpers

I hit me all at once.

I didn't want to participate in the Morgan Cup because of the equipment.

It was about the journey.

And darn, I want to embark on this journey so friggen bad.
You joined just a few months before me! Jump in feet first brother!

Not gunna lie guys, reading all the advice posts from the guys that have been in are giving me goose bumps. I also have to agree with Joe, the equipment is the last reason why I want to be apart of this event.

Not gunna lie guys, reading all the advice posts from the guys that have been in are giving me goose bumps. I also have to agree with Joe, the equipment is the last reason why I want to be apart of this event.

Pulling for you man! Would be awesome to call you a teammate if we get in!

Since the equipment does not mind to you guys, can I have yours if you guys get in?
I love these four companies. I love the Morgan Cup.
I know we will hear a lot about how the equipment does not matter because its the "right" thing to say.
But lets just remember if that were the case, Everybody would be putting in for every event and not just this one.

I wont diminish it, but the tour player experience is a big part of the Morgan Cup, and that includes equipment.

I would be lying if I said equipment wasn't part of the draw the last couple of years. I went all in last year, and when I didn't get picked I was upset. Pretty darn upset. That thought lingered with me for awhile, but watching the lead up and the incredible coverage last year showed me the selection committee did a great job picking those that they did.

I really wish I could put in for it this year, truly I do, but it just isn't feasible money wise this time around. I cannot wait to follow the journey of some of my best friends and some of those I don't quite know yet.

Good luck everyone

Since the equipment does not mind to you guys, can I have yours if you guys get in?
I know we will hear a lot about how the equipment does not matter because its the "right" thing to say.
But lets just remember if that were the case, Everybody would be putting in for every event and not just this one.

I wont diminish it, but the tour player experience is a big part of the Morgan Cup, and that includes equipment.

If I got in after the event absolutely!! I kid I kid. But seriously. Right thing or not it's definitely how I feel. I'm not saying that the equipment isn't amazing because it is. But for me, making the friends, the camaraderie, the brotherhood, long journey forcing myself to want to become the best golfer I could be. Like I said I would become consumed by this event. This event would make me practice on the nights I don't feel like practicing. Also to be a person and representative that a company like Taylormade/CobraPuma/Bridgestone/Callaway would want to represent.

Pulling for you man! Would be awesome to call you a teammate if we get in!

Me too buddy! You will be a great MCer if you get in!!

I had every intention of entering for this years Morgan Cup for the first time but due to my good fortune and being in #TheKing already I'm going to pass.
I really respect this decision. Obviously every person has the right to try for every event, but it is very honorable to pass on one of The Big Ones because you are already in one. Very well done, sir.

I won't lie, the idea of a whole bag of custom-jobbed gear makes my eyes water in a combination of joy, excitement, and sriracha.

But the idea of having a huge goal like the Morgan Cup to pursue, that has me really pumped. My job is currently getting pretty monotonous, which is rare for my career. I could really use something to get me out of a rut. I'll find something, don't worry. But if that something is the Morgan Cup, that'd be that much better.

All of this is pretty exciting, and I will be watching from the sidelines this year. From speaking with many who have been a part of it and reading up, it definitely seems to be one of the unique milestone golfing events an amateur can be a part of and I look forward to seeing how the teams unfold. Personally, a second child coming in late December and work is going to take up the majority of my time next year, but to be completely honest, I'd like to see my game improve a lot before considering this and definitely want to make sure I can put in the time to give my all to the sponsors, THP and team. I'm working on it and we'll see if things pan out next year to throw my hat in the ring, if this or a similar event is around. Good luck to everyone!

All of this is pretty exciting, and I will be watching from the sidelines this year. From speaking with many who have been a part of it and reading up, it definitely seems to be one of the unique milestone golfing events an amateur can be a part of and I look forward to seeing how the teams unfold. Personally, a second child coming in late December and work is going to take up the majority of my time next year, but to be completely honest, I'd like to see my game improve a lot before considering this and definitely want to make sure I can put in the time to give my all to the sponsors, THP and team. I'm working on it and we'll see if things pan out next year to throw my hat in the ring, if this or a similar event is around. Good luck to everyone!
I hear you Philly, I was basically in the same boat last year.

With the announcements today, I watched the opening tee shots again. Man I want to be part of this brotherhood and experience this event so bad. It is just so special, and I know it would be a lifetime achievement. Best of luck to everyone who is throwing their hat in the ring, and for those of you who could but aren't, you should rethink that, because this isn't something you get to attempt every day.

No doubt about that.

What I was trying to get at was my first two years hear I thought it was all about the equipment. It took getting to know some of the participants and following along on the equipment and prep threads for me to fully realize what the entire experience was about.

No doubt about that.

What I was trying to get at was my first two years hear I thought it was all about the equipment. It took getting to know some of the participants and following along on the equipment and prep threads for me to fully realize what the entire experience was about.

That's what I was trying to word as well buddy.

How about a THP logo tee? No? I might have a shirt I can throw your way. I mean, I doubt I can get down to JB-size by then, but I might hook you up ... maybe. :D

(Still frantically working on my buddy and his bachelor party weekend date. I'm pretty persuasive since I've talked him into thinking about changing it!)

I am in the same boat as everyone else on this one. I actually almost said not this year, due to timing, summer vacations, and work. Then I sat down an watch the last round of the 2013 MC and the goosebumps struck me. I told myself this is a life changing event, one not to pass up on. Talked to the wife and she said go for it. (Not sure I mentioned the dates) :) Truly a special event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back