2014 THP Events - Announcement Thread

2014 THP Events - Announcement Thread

Quick question, tried to skim through but didn't see the answer. Will the THP regional invitationals be taking place again in 2014, or have they been replaced by the Bridgestone Invitational circuit? Thanks

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Quick question, tried to skim through but didn't see the answer. Will the THP regional invitationals be taking place again in 2014, or have they been replaced by the Bridgestone Invitational circuit? Thanks

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

They are similar events. Instead of having a different sponsor at each event, we have Bridgestone sponsoring the entire Series of 5 events (4 Invitationals & 1 Championship).

They will be a bit more grand this year in terms of courses we believe and while last year was an incredible time, we expect this year to be off the charts.

They are similar events. Instead of having a different sponsor at each event, we have Bridgestone sponsoring the entire Series of 5 events (4 Invitationals & 1 Championship).

They will be a bit more grand this year in terms of courses we believe and while last year was an incredible time, we expect this year to be off the charts.
Will you need to attend one of the 4 invitationals to get to participate in the championship?

I didnt see it in the threads so if someone could help me with a link ill owe ya a drink at one of these events( and no im not trying to get an advantage by getting you drunk...well maybe).. as far as play format on the invitationals ; is there an official handicap needed?

I didnt see it in the threads so if someone could help me with a link ill owe ya a drink at one of these events( and no im not trying to get an advantage by getting you drunk...well maybe).. as far as play format on the invitationals ; is there an official handicap needed?

Index was not a requirement last year, but no idea about this year. Last year, all but the Championship were total score stroke play of a two person team.

Will you need to attend one of the 4 invitationals to get to participate in the championship?

Absolutely not, but there will be a tie in for those that win one of the 4.

TBD. It wont matter what that index is however.

Absolutely not, but there will be a tie in for those that win one of the 4.
Never been to Louisiana. Looks like I may need to visit that great state.

TBD. It wont matter what that index is however.

I was sure the actual number wouldnt matter, just wondering if I have to pull out the cc and purchase and "official" one of not.

great, thank you. I just wanted to try and plan out my travel/golf/THP budget accordingly.

When you sit back and are looking at the 2014 calendar and thinking "man, why dont they come near me" or "Man, I am on the fence, that is 3 hours away", just remember what went into these.

I wish one of these was within three hours of me as that would easily make it a no brainer, but 10 hours away makes it a bit tougher call. I fully get why they are where they are and do not hold it against anyone. Going to try and make Indy work, but just can't make any promises at this point. Dates will certainly help make the call.

That being said, I have no doubt these are going to be amazing for all who attend.

My wife and I were looking through a golfing-in-Ocean-City promotional brochure just a couple of days ago. It's the one that's closest to me and I'll definitely try to make it to this one! We'll be looking forward to details.

Ken

Let me start this post with an apology to mikedean441. The dude has worked his tail off for you guys for 2014. When you see the final calendar, with all of the events lined up, what each event is and the cost they are, just click the thanks button on one of his posts and buy him a beer if you get the pleasure of meeting him.

If you sit back for a second and think about what this is, what people are seeing and what is going on, its pretty darn outstanding. Now please do not follow up this post with a "way to go thp" or "way to go mikedean", because that is not what its about. This thread is about the event announcements and we will have some big ones coming up in the next couple of days, but I digress.

One of the issues that those around me have in working for me is that when it comes to planning for 2014, it has to be perfect. Every detail has to be perfect and poor MD, is stuck planning things that we have never done before, that he does not even know the full details of and every time I change my mind or switch directions on him at a moments notice. Take last night for example. Not only did I switch directions on him for an event, I switched states, ideas, costs and the whole thing. He simply rolled with it and is tweaking it now and looking at options.

When you sit back and are looking at the 2014 calendar and thinking "man, why dont they come near me" or "Man, I am on the fence, that is 3 hours away", just remember what went into these. This will be the most impressive group of events ever assembled by an online media presence. Its not about patting our backs or anything else, because frankly we dont do it for us. We do it for a lot of reasons, but most of all because it needs to be done.

Good luck in 2014 everybody, these events wont be around forever, but they are coming next year and we hope you enjoy the calendar, because looking at it right now, its downright impressive.

Im quoting myself right now to say MikeDean I would kiss you on the mouth right now.
OMG everybody, you guys are in for a real treat.

I have my camera ready :)

Im quoting myself right now to say MikeDean I would kiss you on the mouth right now.

That's awesome and a great post. Its easy for all of us (me included) to not think about the behind the scenes and all the work that is involved making these events possible AND affordable. Bravo! Can't wait to see the completed calendar list for 2014!

That.. Umm... Mike?

Let me start this post with an apology to mikedean441. The dude has worked his tail off for you guys for 2014. When you see the final calendar, with all of the events lined up, what each event is and the cost they are, just click the thanks button on one of his posts and buy him a beer if you get the pleasure of meeting him.

If you sit back for a second and think about what this is, what people are seeing and what is going on, its pretty darn outstanding. Now please do not follow up this post with a "way to go thp" or "way to go mikedean", because that is not what its about. This thread is about the event announcements and we will have some big ones coming up in the next couple of days, but I digress.

One of the issues that those around me have in working for me is that when it comes to planning for 2014, it has to be perfect. Every detail has to be perfect and poor MD, is stuck planning things that we have never done before, that he does not even know the full details of and every time I change my mind or switch directions on him at a moments notice. Take last night for example. Not only did I switch directions on him for an event, I switched states, ideas, costs and the whole thing. He simply rolled with it and is tweaking it now and looking at options.

When you sit back and are looking at the 2014 calendar and thinking "man, why dont they come near me" or "Man, I am on the fence, that is 3 hours away", just remember what went into these. This will be the most impressive group of events ever assembled by an online media presence. Its not about patting our backs or anything else, because frankly we dont do it for us. We do it for a lot of reasons, but most of all because it needs to be done.

Good luck in 2014 everybody, these events wont be around forever, but they are coming next year and we hope you enjoy the calendar, because looking at it right now, its downright impressive.

I hope everyone caught that. If you are on the fence about going to an event or entering a contest, this should help make that decision! JUMP IN. HEAD FIRST. Unless it's a no diving zone.

Bombs are dropping everywhere right now.
Stay tuned for an amazing next few days on THP!

For those people that are on the fence about attending an event, I will ask this question to the members of THP. How many of us remember our first THP event? How many of us had THP transform from an online community to a family when they attended an event? It's easy to write it and type it and say it, that THP is about so much more than an online message board but you have to experience it for yourself. Even if it isnt an official THP event. Me and the guys from NJ, PA, DE, DC, try to play once a month at least. Just get out there and reach out to THP'ers in the area and play some golf. You will not regret it. I now have friends that I know I will have forever just by taking the leap and attending my first THP event.

Did Mike have too much Rum and prime rib again?

Just make sure someone Vine's it

For those people that are on the fence about attending an event, I will ask this question to the members of THP. How many of us remember our first THP event? How many of us had THP transform from an online community to a family when they attended an event? It's easy to write it and type it and say it, that THP is about so much more than an online message board but you have to experience it for yourself. Even if it isnt an official THP event. Me and the guys from NJ, PA, DE, DC, try to play once a month at least. Just get out there and reach out to THP'ers in the area and play some golf. You will not regret it. I now have friends that I know I will have forever just by taking the leap and attending my first THP event.

Couldnt agree more. Meeting some of these people in person turned this place from just a place to look at club reviews to a second home. I think everyone who attends a THP comes away from it thinking "Why didnt I do this sooner?"

Cannot wait to make it to at least one if not two or three events this year.

I can't wait for my first THP event! Kicking it off with a bang, that's for sure. And boom, fishing boat sold, #TheKing entry fee funded. Can't wait!

Uggggg, can I get set up on the THP text alerts this weekend?! Please?!

Back