Meet Your Assistant Captains - 2014 Morgan Cup

Congrats Brad!

dcbrad is awesome, simply put. I'm so happy for him.

That video is freaking awesome.
Team Albatross Tramp Stamps FTW.

Congrats Brad and Dan!!! Can't wait to find out who your 6 partners in crime will be!

I feel like I am famous. Glad the video ended with stupid me sending Dan a gchat message. Haha

Congrats dcbrad. I had my thoughts it might be you. You will do an awesome job for Team Albatross!

dcbrad: NOOOOOOOOOOOO! No no no no!

You could make a song with that!

Cool video!

For those who havent experience a phone call like that or getting a PM like that. It's is hard to put into words, the emotion that flows through you. I was at work when I got the message and literally tears started welling up in my eyes because I couldnt believe it was happening to me. That's the part I am most excited about. Every time I see one of these, those emotions come rushing back to me. Gonna be a crazy crazy year.

When I found out who my assistant captain was, I immediately knew it would be fun to get some video going.

Brad and I have been interacting for the last year on and off THP, and he's become someone who I can count on. A great friend, someone with a ridiculously positive outlook on life, and pretty much the perfect counterpart for me in an event like this. Growing up playing hockey, I've found that I can get quite competitive in a team atmosphere. For golf, it's always been about pushing myself, but I know as a captain I will be pushing hard to make each of my team members bring their best to the forum and to the golf course in July. To have a guy like Brad by my side to keep things light when they need to be light will be incredibly value to Team Albatross. I also believe he will push himself hard to become an even better golfer, as his relatively short golf career has seen some remarkable improvements already. This excites me, and I hope we can get together for a couple Team Albatross video sessions along the way.

I think the video does a nice job of showing the kind of person Brad is, and the type of Assistant Captain he'll be. We're friends, so it does get a bit 'bantery' but the meat is there. The raw emotion he shows for both my announcement and his are palpable. Also, I apologize for the terrible quality. I had a great plan to record my screen, but that doesn't include audio, so that was out of the question.

[video=youtube;wK8RA-NUbjM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK8RA-NUbjM[/video]

Welcome to Team Albatross my friend. I am honoured to share this ride with you!
I loved this video! I'm so happy for you 2 dudes man. Great stuff around here today!!!

That video is freaking awesome.
Team Albatross Tramp Stamps FTW.

DCBrad video is the best. I'm there fumbling out words still in shock, and then he starts fumbling words once the news hits. It's awesome.

Thanks for picking such an awesome person THP. What a great addition to Team Albatross.

you guys are adorable. i love you both.

For those who havent experience a phone call like that or getting a PM like that. It's is hard to put into words, the emotion that flows through you. I was at work when I got the message and literally tears started welling up in my eyes because I couldnt believe it was happening to me. That's the part I am most excited about. Every time I see one of these, those emotions come rushing back to me. Gonna be a crazy crazy year.

It's hard to put into words how you feel getting a phone call like that.

Congrats Brad, Dan got one great assistant captain and person, you two will be a great leadership team for Team Albatross!!!

My man dcB-Rad. From playing with like six clubs in Ohio, to raising his game to unforeseen levels at the 2013 MC, to now being an assistant captain for the 2014 MC. Very impressive stuff.

So freaking happy for you Brad. Team Albatross with the early nod of support from ATLGolfer.

Awesome news guys! Canadan and dcbrad are gonna rock it.

Congrats DCBrad! Great video. Had to stop watching at the Albatross Tramp Stamp comments. Threw up in my mouth a little! :):eek::D

Who's gonna be your assistant captain?
pause
Well, umm that's kind of why I wanted to call.
No no no no no no

haha classic!

Wow guys, the texts and PMs have been incredible and I can't believe I am getting a chance to head back to Myrtle in July to help Albatross bring home the cup. What an incredible year 2013 has been and now 2014 looks to be even more incredible. It was just a short time ago that I was "the new guy" and no one really knew who I was. A Morgan Cup selection, Morgan Cup win and a few funny videos later, here I am, assistant captain in the Morgan Cup 2014.

I could not have asked for a better captain. Dan is a guy that I befriended very quick on THP. (tyno is a huge reason why) We have the same personalities, the same random humor and same love for this place. He bleeds THP green and he wants nothing but the best for this place. We are very much on the same page of how we are going to approach our team this year and get our guys ready for the best weekend of their lives.

Make no mistake, the Morgan Cup is a true privilege and honor to be a part of. It should never be taken advantage of or lose it's true meaning. I don't take this responsibility lightly at all. I am gonna pour my heart into my team and this event this year. Last year I was wide eyed and being pulled along for the ride. This year, I'm gonna be the one pulling.

Make no mistake, if you are on Team Albatross, you are going to be in for a ride. I am so pumped I get to do this everyone.

Josh, Morgan, Sponsors, THP Staff, thanks so much for all your work, without you guys, none of this happens, and it means more to me than you'll ever know.

This is so perfect. Congrats Brad I'm really happy for you bro.

Congrats DC!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow guys, the texts and PMs have been incredible and I can't believe I am getting a chance to head back to Myrtle in July to help Albatross bring home the cup. What an incredible year 2013 has been and now 2014 looks to be even more incredible. It was just a short time ago that I was "the new guy" and no one really knew who I was. A Morgan Cup selection, Morgan Cup win and a few funny videos later, here I am, assistant captain in the Morgan Cup 2014.

I could not have asked for a better captain. Dan is a guy that I befriended very quick on THP. (tyno is a huge reason why) We have the same personalities, the same random humor and same love for this place. He bleeds THP green and he wants nothing but the best for this place. We are very much on the same page of how we are going to approach our team this year and get our guys ready for the best weekend of their lives.

Make no mistake, the Morgan Cup is a true privilege and honor to be a part of. It should never be taken advantage of or lose it's true meaning. I don't take this responsibility lightly at all. I am gonna pour my heart into my team and this event this year. Last year I was wide eyed and being pulled along for the ride. This year, I'm gonna be the one pulling.

Make no mistake, if you are on Team Albatross, you are going to be in for a ride. I am so pumped I get to do this everyone.

Josh, Morgan, Sponsors, THP Staff, thanks so much for all your work, without you guys, none of this happens, and it means more to me than you'll ever know.

^ Does this post tell the story or what?! What a great selection.

....now clean that Paradise madness off your signature. It's time to go to work ALBATROSS style!!!

Congratz dcbrad, go team Albatros!

Congrats Brad! So pumped for you getting the honor of assistant captain!

DCBRad is a turd. (Just seeing if he will thank this post)

Back