Golfsmith Customer Service

BigLeftyinAz may be the only guy in this forum that knows the answer to this one. Is the wrench a common size? I would think that if it is, it might be tough for TM to justify including it with every product that they sell that uses those screws. At the same time, somehow the information should be made available to the customer.

I don't know how many people here use Zappo's but if you look at how they present products, you get the feeling they are filling in many of the blanks in product information that the supplier is not even providing on a regular basis. I suspect it might have something to do with how experienced the retailer is at being an on line retailer. Buying on line as I am sure we all know is good deal different from buying Brick and Mortar and the degree to which the retailer provides product information can be a big deal in some cases.

Doubt,Id be the only person. The wrench fits the TLC weights,FCT adapter and the screws on the wedge.Now, the new white version applies 30 Inch pounds and must be used on the FCT adapter and the wedge face plate.The older versions Yellow or gray only apply 20 inch pounds and should not be used on the FCT adapter or screws for the wedges.

The two times I have dealt with Golfsmith it has been a miserable experience. Took me about 3 weeks to get a standard loft/lie club.. and it was the wrong finish. It was a gift so I couldn't send it back and get another.

Funny Kevin mentioned someone from Texas rofl, the lady I spoke to there had the worst drawal ever...it was like talking to a female Roscoe.

Well well well, time to revive an old thread. I placed an order on July24th for a Nike VR Pro 3 Wood. When I placed the order it said it would drop ship from Nike on August 5th. So knowing how incompetent GolfSmith is, I sent them an email on Friday August 5th looking for an update. I check my bank account this morning and there is a credit memo for the amount of the club on there so I was assuming I should be getting the club any day. Then I check my email and see this:

Thank you for your recent Golfsmith order. We have just been informed by the vendor that item NK1440-L-3-PX-5.5 VR PRO STR8-FIT TOUR FAIRWY WD has been discontinued and is no longer available.

At this time, the item has been cancelled from your order, and any pending authorization on your credit card will be released. If your order was placed using a Golfsmith Gift Card or store credit, the gift card or credit amount will be placed on your account. You may access these funds at a Golfsmith store or over the phone with a sales caddy.

Please accept our apology for this inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please contact our Customer Experience Team at 800-925-7709.

Thank you for choosing Golfsmith!

Best Regards,
Golfsmith Special Orders team

Customer Experience
1-800-925-7709

So I call the "customer service" department and ask why it took over 2 weeks of me sitting around waiting to find out that the club is discontinued and why there is a credit memo on my account for the money. They gave me some made up story and said they put the charge through yesterday morning for some reason but it would just come off automatically. I cannot stress enough how much I absolutely HATE Golfsmith. If it werent for the fact that someone gave me a gift card for part of this order I would have just gone somewhere else. The other great part of this is that the other option was the TaylorMade Burner 2.0 3W which is no longer on sale. I want to punch a kitten right now I am so angry.

you know what I like about this thread? When you go to the top of page 2 you see a post from RxGus

I just called back to ask for the discount that I used when I placed the last order. The phone was answered, no one said hello and I got to listen to a conversation between two workers at Golfsmith. I am raging right now.

I just called back to ask for the discount that I used when I placed the last order. The phone was answered, no one said hello and I got to listen to a conversation between two workers at Golfsmith. I am raging right now.

I really dislike their CS. They have been nothing but poor when I've needed to go through them.

And now I am being transferred back and forth between sales and customer service. I am going to blow a gasket shortly. Trying to remain calm.

Brutal that you're experiencing that dude... Let me know how it goes.

Yeah I spoke with some guy in "customer service" and he told me he would send me a new promo code in 5 minutes. It has been over 20 minutes now. I just want to order a dang club. Why do they make it so hard to take my money?

Yeah I spoke with some guy in "customer service" and he told me he would send me a new promo code in 5 minutes. It has been over 20 minutes now. I just want to order a dang club. Why do they make it so hard to take my money?

Shame you have a gift card there.. I've never found GS online to be all that impressive on cost enough to buy anything..

Shame you have a gift card there.. I've never found GS online to be all that impressive on cost enough to buy anything..

The only issue I have is GG hardly sells any lefty equipment. Nothing else around here other than Dick or Sports Authority. Lesser of 2 evils but I will never order anything online from GS again.

The only issue I have is GG hardly sells any lefty equipment. Nothing else around here other than Dick or Sports Authority. Lesser of 2 evils but I will never order anything online from GS again.

Yeah the GolfSmith STORE I went to was pretty awesome. Really big demo area and friendly people. The options were great (at least for righty) and I'd definitely shop there. I've just never found their online experience to be all that impressive.

Yeah the GolfSmith STORE I went to was pretty awesome. Really big demo area and friendly people. The options were great (at least for righty) and I'd definitely shop there. I've just never found their online experience to be all that impressive.

So I got a promo code and couldnt use it on the TM SF 2.0 3W so I had to pay full price but got free shipping. I hate not having options...

Had an issue with them forgetting to call back to verify my credit card. I guess I spent too much at one time. I called to question it, the lady upgraded my shipment ot overnight. All worked out in the end.

Bumping an old thread- WOW have these guys gone downhill. In our part of the country we don't have any of these mega golf stores around so if we want something beyond the limited golf selection at Dick's we have to order online. I've used Golfsmith for many years. My last three orders with them have all had problems, but I thought they probably had things straightened out by now. I ordered a new pair of Adidas Powerband shoes and some epoch tees on Monday. I could only find my size in the powerband 3.0 at Golfsmith, and that's the only reason I ordered from them. Not a peep since my order confirmation. I originally tried calling in my order as my home computer is having malware issues and I wasn't keen on punching in my credit card info. I gave up after half an hour of being on hold- just to place an order. I ordered online later from a different computer. As of today no shipment confirmation. I called as soon as the customer service line opened today (9AM CST) and then was on hold for 10 minutes. When I finally spoke to someone, all they could tell me was that "your order is here." I asked when it would ship and all they could tell me is "probably today." I can't believe they think that passes for acceptable service in this day and age. I regret not cancelling my order this morning, I would call back and do so but I don't really have the time to wait on the phone.

I'm the guy who started this thread originally and there have been developments. They have opened a couple of stores near me. Since my brother keeps giving me GS gift cards, I do business with them after Christmas and birthdays. Now I'm going to sing their praises. My experience with the local store is exactly opposite what the online/telephone experience was. Whoever runs that particular store gets it about customer service and obviously makes sure everybody who works there does, too. I had hit a Cleveland Classic driver a friend owned, liked it, and saw that it was marked down at all the usual online places. Since I had a GS gift card I thought I'd drive the five minutes or so to the store to see if they had it. They did, and it was marked down, but they wanted something like $20-30 more for it than the online places I'd checked. I asked if they would price-match with a competing online store and they said they would so I bought it. While the department manager was off getting its headcover, the young guy ringing me out at the register asked if I'd like him to remove all the stickers from the shaft for me. I said I sure would. Maybe that's what they do at all their stores, but I'd never been offered that service anywhere else and thought it was a nice touch. When my brother came for a visit a month after that, he had a good experience with the club repairman there, where the guy basically dropped what he was doing to do a simple regrip job on my brother's driver, with a smile and nice attitude. So I dunno, maybe it's when they're confined to a scripted procedure over the phone that they're lazy uncaring bums, but when you deal with people face to face in the store you get treated like you matter and your business is important to them. But anyway, credit where it's due, I've gotten great service at the local store.

Back