Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nexus 7 for the money if you like the smaller form factor.
And for $200 its a bargain.

I will investigate and I like that price.

What size?

New Note tablets are sweet, I am a fan of the iPad for Media consumption and basic tasks. I am, however, reading up a good bit on the Surface currently.

Not real sure don't want it Kindle small cause of my big man fingers but don't need anything absurd. Internet..media..pretty basic and ease of use for a dummy like me

I need a tablet. ..Let's hear it.

Basic usage nothing crazy

What tasks are you trying to accomplish and what platform are you comfortable with?

"If You Tap It, They Will Read It"

Galaxy Tab maybe perfect for you since its the phone you use. Very easy to use and reasonable price as well as multiple sizes.

I will investigate and I like that price.

Not real sure don't want it Kindle small cause of my big man fingers but don't need anything absurd. Internet..media..pretty basic and ease of use for a dummy like me

Kindle makes a full size tablet (8.9) and they have some amazing specs if you are OK with being in the walled garden of the Kindle Market.

Not sure who your carrier is Mike but yesterday while at sprint, they are offering a Galaxy 3 tablet for $49.00 if you add a $15.00 a month usage plan. I'm really thinking about getting one, it's a crazy good deal.

apparently Time Warner Cable is sending me a Galaxy Tab 7 because we made a change to our service. Can you let you know more about it when it arrives.

Nexus 7 for the money if you like the smaller form factor.
And for $200 its a bargain.

Rumors of the Nexus 8 are pretty intriguing. Perhaps being released this Friday.

I have the Kindle Fire HD 10" and would recommend against it if you're trying to do anything more than read, play an occasional game, and use tapatalk. The Amazon software on it makes you feel like a little kid restricted to only what your parents (Amazon) want you to see/do.

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

any of you that have and use Chrome Cast I have a question for you. Honestly I haven't paid too much attention to the device, but was thinking about it yesterday as perhaps a gift for my father. He is big in to horse racing and watches & bets from his tablet quite often. Anyway I was thinking if he had chromecast he could easily switch from watching the races on the tablet to quickly watching them on his tv. He has issues watching them in Chrome because of the way it does/doesn't handle Flash on the Twin Spires Site. He had to download a different browser called Boat Browser. Does anyone know if you can view Boat Browser through chromecast?

New tablet.

u3ejebu7.jpg

any of you that have and use Chrome Cast I have a question for you. Honestly I haven't paid too much attention to the device, but was thinking about it yesterday as perhaps a gift for my father. He is big in to horse racing and watches & bets from his tablet quite often. Anyway I was thinking if he had chromecast he could easily switch from watching the races on the tablet to quickly watching them on his tv. He has issues watching them in Chrome because of the way it does/doesn't handle Flash on the Twin Spires Site. He had to download a different browser called Boat Browser. Does anyone know if you can view Boat Browser through chromecast?

You cant view internet tabs from a tablet. Only from a PC/Laptop and it has to be the chrome browser. There is an add-on for the browser you need to download.

nice man. I like the 7, a lot actually. The price is killer on them and the specs are really good. I'm holding hope that the 8 will be announced soon. Not sure why but I just really like the size of that form factor.

nice man. I like the 7, a lot actually. The price is killer on them and the specs are really good. I'm holding hope that the 8 will be announced soon. Not sure why but I just really like the size of that form factor.

I think it will be announced pretty soon. I also think the specs will be similar to the 7. I love the size of GG's Note 8.0, but I expect the Nexus 8 to be priced higher than the 7. The form factor is really good so far.

I think it will be announced pretty soon. I also think the specs will be similar to the 7. I love the size of GG's Note 8.0, but I expect the Nexus 8 to be priced higher than the 7. The form factor is really good so far.

For what I use a tablet for, I don't need a huge screen on it. Sure it's nice to have but I don't use my tablet for everything that I could. My current one is 9.4, I have a Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 coming soon too.

Download this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.homeysoft.nexususb.importer&hl=en and add something a microUSB OTG card reader and you will be all set with expanding memory and transferring files. Works really well on the nexus line.

apparently Time Warner Cable is sending me a Galaxy Tab 7 because we made a change to our service. Can you let you know more about it when it arrives.

Rumors of the Nexus 8 are pretty intriguing. Perhaps being released this Friday.

My folks got that same deal have to wait 9 days to get it or something like that

Costco has a good deal on the Galaxy Tab 8" for $239.
I still prefer the Nexus 7 because of the processor and sheer speed, but thats a heck of a price for a unit that is quite good.

That's pretty cool, ddec. I figured that was only a Kansas City deal for Time Warner because of Google Fiber giving away the Nexus 7.

New tablet.

u3ejebu7.jpg

Ill be curious to know your thoughts on this. I have the N7 now but I prefer the Note 8 size and the functions of the S pen. Im about ready to dump my N7 for the Note, or at least try to find a keyboard for it so it can be a laptop replacement(mostly)

Ill be curious to know your thoughts on this. I have the N7 now but I prefer the Note 8 size and the functions of the S pen. Im about ready to dump my N7 for the Note, or at least try to find a keyboard for it so it can be a laptop replacement(mostly)

I love the Note 8. However we have one already and I personally use the Note 3 for a cell phone. At this point, for how little I use a tablet, it was just not worth the extra $130.

I love the Note 8. However we have one already and I personally use the Note 3 for a cell phone. At this point, for how little I use a tablet, it was just not worth the extra $130.

So your not trying to move away from a laptop with this its just a multimedia, internet device?

So your not trying to move away from a laptop with this its just a multimedia, internet device?

With what we do for a living, there is no escaping a full blown device.

Costco has a good deal on the Galaxy Tab 8" for $239.
I still prefer the Nexus 7 because of the processor and sheer speed, but thats a heck of a price for a unit that is quite good.
Looking at something for mom, will have to go check it out!

Looking at something for mom, will have to go check it out!

The 7 Tab is crazy cheap at most stores too. Its an inch smaller, but still a solid device.

With what we do for a living, there is no escaping a full blown device.

Im not sure I can either but I want to. Im hoping the note 8 with the Zagg keyboard will help with that.

You're not gonna believe this, but I just went to the AT&T store to transfer my contacts to the S4 and walked out with a Note 8 for $99! I just mentioned the tablet online promo with purchase of S4 or Note 3. Crazy bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back