Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna go scrounging for shafts at GolfTown this weekend, ideally anything with a Titleist adaptor on it....

Hoping to give some Titleist hybrids a swing or two as well.

I have a 19* 913H in brand new condition I'd sell if you're interested. It has an RIP Phenom 80 shaft.

Bought my amp cell driver. Now to 3W. I hit the Xhot, tight lies, amp cell, and rbz stage 2 and the rbz was by far the best off the tee and the deck in terms of distance and dispersion.

Congrats! I kind of feel stupid because despite all my FW problems I've yet to give the RBZ stage 2 a try. I didn't get along with the first iteration and just assumed it would be the same which is just plain foolishness.

That said, I've got a Baffler XL 3 wood (16*) in the shopping cart and I'm looking for reasons not to pull the trigger and put a Kusala White in it...

I have a dilemma. Wait til the x2 fairway woods come out or just get the regular x hot pro fairway woods. I had them once and loved them. Never should have sold them.

Everything Bio Cell.

Driver, putter, and putting training tool called The Pill.

I'm pondering hybrids. Just sold my J40 2&4H and am looking for their replacements for 2014. I read Hawk's review on the SLDRs today, definitely intrigued. Number one goal is they have to be able to launch the ball. No more line drive, mid to low launch shots.

I'm pondering hybrids. Just sold my J40 2&4H and am looking for their replacements for 2014. I read Hawk's review on the SLDRs today, definitely intrigued. Number one goal is they have to be able to launch the ball. No more line drive, mid to low launch shots.

You a hooker?

If not, regular old X-Hot. That will put a ball way up in the air for you.

You a hooker?

Not generally, although that 46" shaft on the Optiforce really caused me trouble. I usually play a baby fade, sometimes power fade....

Side note: That post made me think of this:

patches.jpg

I hit an Optiforce 440 over the weekend. Bad shaft pairing. 18* launch angles and 3600 rpm spins are no bueno.

I hit an Optiforce 440 over the weekend. Bad shaft pairing. 18* launch angles and 3600 rpm spins are no bueno.

What shaft did you hit?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

If not, regular old X-Hot. That will put a ball way up in the air for you.

X2 Hot and X hot are on the radar. Waiting for the site review on the X2 hot to make a decision.

Adams as well. I'd like to hit their latest offering as well. So much ponder to follow up on!

Not generally, although that 46" shaft on the Optiforce really caused me trouble. I usually play a baby fade, sometimes power fade....

Side note: That post made me think of this:

I'd try to demo the X-Hots. Not the pro version.

Looking at the deal of the day thread...The Callaway Pre Owned deal of BOGO a FW/Hybrid has me pondering either a 3 Deep/X Hot 4W or an X Hot 3W/5W or X Hot 3W/3 hybrid

So many options...so little time

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Diamana S+
Did you get a chance to hit it with an S+ in X-Stiff? For me it made a huge difference over the stiff. I thought you had played the White Tie previously? I can only imagine what your spin rates were with that thing haha.

Did you get a chance to hit it with an S+ in X-Stiff? For me it made a huge difference over the stiff. I thought you had played the White Tie previously? I can only imagine what your spin rates were with that thing haha.

White Tie is def a lower spinning shaft than the S+ having gamed both.

White Tie is def a lower spinning shaft than the S+ having gamed both.

Interesting for sure, thanks for pointing that out!. I've hit both in the Amp Cell head but it was an apples to oranges comparison as the White Tie was stiff and the S+ was X-stiff.

Spin was good with the white tie. Dispersion became the issue. The Diamana S+ just isn't right for me. I need something with a stiffer tip apparently.

Been looking at an Oakley tee box bag. Found one at the local pro shop and thought it looked awesome. Ive got some vouchers ive won so with those the price will be better.

Bridgestone Backpack. Man those look sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back