Votes: 29 32.6%
  • New York

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Chicago

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • Non of the above

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters
I voted New York. But I'm not picky about my pizza. Big fan of wood fired/brick oven pizza. Found a real good place in DC called Matchbox that was extremely tasty.

Matchbox is solid but it always feels weird to be getting pizza in Chinatown. There are a couple of similar ones in DC -- Pizza Paradisio and a small place in Alexandria -- that also do wood fire well. The draw (to me) of Matchbox and Paradisio are their beer menus to go with the pie.

Matchbox is solid but it always feels weird to be getting pizza in Chinatown. There are a couple of similar ones in DC -- Pizza Paradisio and a small place in Alexandria -- that also do wood fire well. The draw (to me) of Matchbox and Paradisio are their beer menus to go with the pie.

I thought the same thing when my buddy brought us there. I told my parents about it when they were in the area and my dad called me asking why I sent him to Chinatown for Pizza. The beer menu was pretty good IIRC

I feel obligated to say Gino's or Lou's being from Chicago but I love me some Armand's thin crust with bacon...

by the way thanks to this thread I had pizza last night

I expect one of these in Dallas next month

Dude, The baggage charges for bringing it down there would be more that the pizza!

Dude Beaux Jo's is amazing. Especially pouring honey on the crust after. So good.

Yes. The honey at the end is the only way to go.

TapAhoy!

Okay it is pizza night at Disney. Any recommendations for pizza that is "to die for" near Downtown Disney?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay it is pizza night at Disney. Any recommendations for pizza that is "to die for" near Downtown Disney?

There's a pizza place in the Crossroads near Moes. That one was pretty good. UNOs is good too, but it it is a little pricey

I don't know if they have a location near downtown disney, and I am not sure I would call it "to die for" but NYPD Pizza in Orlando has some pretty solid Pizza. There is an Uno's near by as well if you want deep dish. That's not my cup of tea, but I know many like it.

First time I've seen this thread, and have been jonesing for pizza for a week now, just might have to make that happen tonight.

First time I've seen this thread, and have been jonesing for pizza for a week now, just might have to make that happen tonight.

I seem to be having the same issue now. There are a couple NY style pizza places near me that are getting pondered

I don't know if they have a location near downtown disney, and I am not sure I would call it "to die for" but NYPD Pizza in Orlando has some pretty solid Pizza. There is an Uno's near by as well if you want deep dish. That's not my cup of tea, but I know many like it.

Passed by the UNO's yesterday, not a big fan either. If it isn't "to die for" will NYPD at least make the toes curl? :)

There's a pizza place in the Crossroads near Moes. That one was pretty good. UNOs is good too, but it it is a little pricey

Know exactly where Moe's is at. May need to look up that one.

I know it's cheating but since I didn't get any Turkey yesterday, I am doing pizza tonight.

Thanks all!

There is also Giordanos pizza just north on 535, right near Palm Pkwy and lake st.

There is also Giordanos pizza just north on 535, right near Palm Pkwy and lake st.

I ate at their locations in Chicago back in June, and it was quite good...even for the deep dish, pizza cassarole variety that's not normally my favorite.

Ding ding ding...we have a winner.

I ate at their locations in Chicago back in June, and it was quite good...even for the deep dish, pizza cassarole variety that's not normally my favorite.

I was asking my wife about pizza locations in the Disney area, and it was the first place she mentioned other than UNOs.

What is the best Pizza?

Head down 535 toward Sand lake road, there is a brick oven pizza or coal fire pizza

There is also a Place called Brava that has good pizza, also in the dr Phillips area

Head down 535 toward Sand lake road, there is a brick oven pizza or coal fire pizza

There is also a Place called Brava that has good pizza, also in the dr Phillips area

Anthony's is a good one. Only thing that sucks is your destroyed mouth when you take that first bite.

The golf galaxy there helps soothe the pain though

Anthony's is a solid choice. When we lived in Windermere we used to go to the one off Sand Lake near the Golf Galaxy quite a bit. Their wings are really good too, and so is their salad, I love their salad dressing.

I wish we had better pizza places around here. There's some OK ones but nothing too spectacular. I like both NY style and a good Chicago deep dish. I'm getting hungry just thinking about them.

Anthony's coal fired pizza is great. Meatballs & ricotta is my fav.

Outside of Miami, I'd have to go with Gino's in Chicago. That deep dish is phenomenal.

Back