Well, I went and did it.....

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been a hold out for a VERY VERY long time and boy do my friends know it. But with all the stuff going on here at THP and all the things I randomly say "I wish I had that for this".... I broke down and bought....a Smartphone. A blue HTC one.

Now this may not seem like a big deal, but I've had dumb phones since my first cell phone in 2003. One phone(LG Chocolate) I kept for over 4 years. The buttons had fallen off and the only reason I even got rid of it was due to the fact I dropped it in the snow and I could only text because the speaker shorted out....Which believe it or not was nice for the month+ I kept it.

So who wants to come teach me how to use this thing? :doh:

I've got the HTC One. Very nice phone and easy to use too. If you haven't download it already, grab Tapatalk from the app store so you can keep up with THP.

Congrats on the purchase!

I'm right there with you buddy, bought our first smart phone about two months ago. These devices are great. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Wow, as if you werent on thp that much already. :). Congrats, and id love to be able to show how to use it but im a bit challenge in the smart phone industry as well

dhartman I'm even a longer holdout that you were, but this weekend will end it as well. I'll probably go with S4 since I can get it for free with a 2-year extension. Then the steep learning curve will begin. Somehow, I think THP will help move that along quickly with the need for Vine and Instagram and whatever else comes along. It'll be a frustrating, but fun, ride for this old coot. But, wrestling with my Nexus7 has somewhat prepared me for this.

SUPPORTING THP’S DREAM TEAM IN THE #GRANDADDY

First smartphone huh? Your world is about to get rocked

Still using my original Nokia from 2002...

dhartman I'm even a longer holdout that you were, but this weekend will end it as well. I'll probably go with S4 since I can get it for free with a 2-year extension. Then the steep learning curve will begin. Somehow, I think THP will help move that along quickly with the need for Vine and Instagram and whatever else comes along. It'll be a frustrating, but fun, ride for this old coot. But, wrestling with my Nexus7 has somewhat prepared me for this.

Congrats on your purchase dhartman, I know you are going to love your phone.

Ken, I ordered my new S4 on Thursday and it shipped yesterday, can't beat free. I say go for it. I only did it to be able to enter some of these great contest on new media that THP is having now.

This special for $0 at Best Buy ends today http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/samsung-gs4-114738

Congrats on your purchase dhartman, I know you are going to love your phone.

Ken, I ordered my new S4 on Thursday and it shipped yesterday, can't beat free. I say go for it. I only did it to be able to enter some of these great contest on new media that THP is having now.

This special for $0 at Best Buy ends today http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/samsung-gs4-114738

I'm glad you old coots finally got with the program :D

Congrats and welcome to the future. I Had a HTC one since it first came out. Great phone and I loved it. I just recently went to the Samsung note 3. Still haven't figured out how to use it.

Tap talking my way thru the World of golf!

Congrats on the purchase...There is no turning back now

Welcome to the 21st century! lol Congratulations!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Congrats! Welcome to 2013 lol! Enjoy it. At some point you will think how did you ever survive without a smart phone.

since my first cell phone in 2003.

This made me feel old, I got my first in 92!

But now four weeks into One ownership and comfortably the most capable phone I've ever owned/used (and I've always gone with flagship models).

The camera is superb (for my needs) and the video highlight functionality from albums is awesome, do some reading on that. Used on a recent holiday and when showing family the pics, rather than flip through a lot of pics, there are a couple of 30 sec movies that are great quality, easy to share and give a great taste of the hols/events without boring the viewers too much. (I know google photos is doing similar now as well, deffo the way forward I think.)

Enjoy!

I was a looking at the S4 and HTC One. The One got me because of the speakers....I love music and this thing belts it out! Best buy has free activation with either the free S4 or the 29.99 HTC One through December 1st as well :)

I've got the HTC One. Very nice phone and easy to use too. If you haven't download it already, grab Tapatalk from the app store so you can keep up with THP.

Grabbed it....Not sure how to use it quite yet. Trying to get drp to get ever here and teach me!

Wow, as if you werent on thp that much already. :). Congrats, and id love to be able to show how to use it but im a bit challenge in the smart phone industry as well

haha. i know right? oh boy. what have I done? :)

Congrats on the purchase...There is no turning back now

That's what I'm afraid of....But on the plus side, at least I'll be able to take pictures of the golf courses I'm on now :)

I hope you have unlimited data.

I don't....But I have my phone set to pick up all the free wi-fi when I'm home and everywhere else :)

Congrats! I resisted for a long time before breaking down and joining the crowd.

Grabbed it....Not sure how to use it quite yet. Trying to get drp to get ever here and teach me!

Ha, you texting me last night trying to figure it out = hilarious

I don't....But I have my phone set to pick up all the free wi-fi when I'm home and everywhere else :)

If it's anything like a Samsung this could drain your battery as it's continually searching for WiFi. Good call not going with Samsung though IMO.

I will show you some things, and some good apps to have for phone preservation.

Now you can take pics of your next Hole in One.:act-up:

Congrats on the new purchase. Say's a bunch about THP that several are going out and buying smart phones to join in.

Back