A club that you regret selling or passing on to a Fellow golf addict.

bata mor

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone a particular club that they regret having traded in or sold on only to realize that it was a mistake?

Has anyone a particular club that they regret having traded in or sold on only to realize that it was a mistake?

I miss my SV wedges every now and then. They weren't as good in the feel department as the CG14 but i liked how they had a heavier feel to them. I think I'll be upgrading to the CG15 soon and i love the way that club feels in my hands.

Sold a Callaway Hot X 3W and regreted it until I found my Tour Exoctics Fairway Woods.

I still have most of the clubs I've ever had, haha. I bought several last year, but over the course of years playing I've not really had that many different item's.

I regret selling the TM '09 Burners. Theyre great clubs that really worked for my swing.

I sometimes regret selling my Adams Ideas (original). The loft and length stepping in that set was pretty unique. I used the 17* 3-hybrid off the tee a ton. On the downside, they were ugly as hell.

If the club(s) played well for me, I kept them till they were worn out. I had a driver at one time that was was "pure money" for me. I wore it out, and to this day (30 years later?) I have not felt as comfortable with any driver I have owned as i did with that one.

I do regret giving away a set of Ping irons to a nephew who was all fired up to take on the game of golf. He played them for a few months, then sold them to some one else for $20. Something about needing some gas money. Not so much as a single word to me before he sold them. Then again the old saying "like father, like son" rings true with this family.

I regret selling my Carbite ZH putter. It was my first decent putter, and I was money with that one. As my game and budget improved, I thought I'd use a putter that everyone else was using (at the time) - an Odyssey 2-ball. Biggest mistake ever. I tried to make that putter "work" for me, but that just never happened.

Now that I've changed my putting stroke, I'm happy with my Rife, but check eBay often, looking for a mint ZH.

I Miss my Taylormade Z TP Wedge. Think after I finish with the vokeys I might go back to them.

I wish I still had my Browning 500's. Not so much to use them anymore, but just to have them back.

I have something of the opposite, I'm not sure I should've purchased my LW, I was fine with just my SW and PW and now that I have another thing added to the bag, just makes it more confusing, and I don't even use it!

I have something of the opposite, I'm not sure I should've purchased my LW, I was fine with just my SW and PW and now that I have another thing added to the bag, just makes it more confusing, and I don't even use it!

No one says you have to use it. If you are comforatble with oter clubs then use them.

I regret selling a lot of clubs but there's always more to get. My bedroom looks like a golf pro shop so I can't justify keeping all I ever had.I can't justify the ones I have now.Oh well :arrogant:

not yet....so far so good.

Now if it's cars we're talking about...... :banghead:

All the time, there are plenty I regret getting rid of.

Cleveland Comp driver w/ Graman Limey shaft
Cally X 17' w/Diamana
Titleist 962Bs (this one really haunts me, they are impossible to find down here)

I regret selling the TM '09 Burners. Theyre great clubs that really worked for my swing.

I noticed in your signature that you are still deciding on another set of sticks. And then i read your statement about regretting the sell of the burners and i can't help but ask why you sold them? I'm just curious and it could be none of my business, if that's the case, sorry in advance.

I noticed in your signature that you are still deciding on another set of sticks. And then i read your statement about regretting the sell of the burners and i can't help but ask why you sold them? I'm just curious and it could be none of my business, if that's the case, sorry in advance.

No, I dont mind at all, and its an easy answer too, for the R9's. I thought I could step up to the R9's but I was wrong. Should have just stayed with the Burners and most likely I'll be going back to them.

No, I dont mind at all, and its an easy answer too, for the R9's. I thought I could step up to the R9's but I was wrong. Should have just stayed with the Burners and most likely I'll be going back to them.

Fair enough. I hope you can find that set of Burners then. Too bad you didn't win them in the contest that would've been cool.

About 2 years ago i was playing Nike's forged CCI's. They were very nice but a little out of my league as well, so i understand where you're coming from. When hit well, they were sweet, but i honostly only hit them well about 75% of the time, and when i hit them bad, i knew it. They began costing me strokes and put my mind in a serious funk over the ball, hence, a bag full of X-22's.

Good luck finding your new sticks.

I was just looking at the X-22's this past weekend at GG, theyre nice looking sticks. The R9's are great clubs when struck well and like you I just wasnt hitting them as well as Id like. I had that same mind funk going on over the ball and knew I was done.

Well its not that I sold a club, but I did let a buddy of mine hit my Taylor Made Burner Driver, I hit that thing so well. He managed to put a dent in the bottom. I ended up just giving him the driver. I just could not get it out of my head that it had a dent. I was pretty disappointed.

Well its not that I sold a club, but I did let a buddy of mine hit my Taylor Made Burner Driver, I hit that thing so well. He managed to put a dent in the bottom. I ended up just giving him the driver. I just could not get it out of my head that it had a dent. I was pretty disappointed.

yeah, but you got a pretty sweet club out of it in the end. and in my opionion, the limited suits you better anyway. just need to spend some time with it little brother.

I was just looking at the X-22's this past weekend at GG, theyre nice looking sticks. The R9's are great clubs when struck well and like you I just wasnt hitting them as well as Id like. I had that same mind funk going on over the ball and knew I was done.

have you hit the 22's? i would be curious to see what your opinion of them was. even though they are a g.i. iron, i like that they aren't as bulky as most at address. the topline isn't as thick as most in their category.

Back