SeeMore Putters Thread

I cannot express how much I love sight dots.

Just curious, blu, why do you like them? I would think a line would work better.

I know I am late to this. But I just picked up a mFGP2 and not liking it near as much as my mFGP. It is much longer (2 inches) and needs to be cut down so I am reserving full judgement till this takes place.

I have also determined that a super stroke grip above the 1.0 is not for me.

Let me know if you want to unload that mFGP2!

Just curious, blu, why do you like them? I would think a line would work better.

Great question. Two reasons.

First, simply enough, not a lot of putters have them. They are somewhat unique. They look different, a bit uncommon. It is fun to own a putter that is uncommon.

Second, it puts the alignment aid on the top line, not the flange. Since I focus on the point were the ball and putter are the closest, I like having the alignment aid as close to the face of the putter has possible.

While nowhere near as sexy as a new putter, I did manage to score this:
headcover1_zps17a7a797.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
th_headcover3_zps0f38b8e5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
th_headcover4_zps44596f36.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I love this style of magnetic headcover - it's my alltime favorite, and fits my FGP2 perfectly. Unfortunately, they only have this in white on their site, and I don't think the photo does it justice. I wish they had more magnetic covers to choose from - These are such good quality!

While nowhere near as sexy as a new putter, I did manage to score this:
headcover1_zps17a7a797.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
th_headcover3_zps0f38b8e5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
th_headcover4_zps44596f36.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I love this style of magnetic headcover - it's my alltime favorite, and fits my FGP2 perfectly. Unfortunately, they only have this in white on their site, and I don't think the photo does it justice. I wish they had more magnetic covers to choose from - These are such good quality!

You like the magnetic part or the looks of this one?

I know this was asked to Grins, but I have a white RST headcover that is magnetic, and it is phenomenal. I prefer it over the Velcro by a large margin.

Both! The only real objections I have to velcro are
(1) noise: inevitably some yahoo decides to pull off/put on their cover during someon else's stroke. The magnetic ones are "stealthy."
(2) loss of velcro-ness over time - usually because it picks up fluff/dirt/etc. The magnetic covers stay cleaner IMO.

AND - I like the looks of this one (especially the writing around the piping/edges!)

I know this was asked to Grins, but I have a white RST headcover that is magnetic, and it is phenomenal. I prefer it over the Velcro by a large margin.

I have the same white cover in magnetic. It's perfect. It's why I prefer my black groovy cover over everything else. It is magnetic as well.

(1) noise: inevitably some yahoo decides to pull off/put on their cover during someon else's stroke. The magnetic ones are "stealthy."
(2) loss of velcro-ness over time - usually because it picks up fluff/dirt/etc. The magnetic covers stay cleaner IMO.

AND - I like the looks of this one (especially the writing around the piping/edges!)
I have two brand new ones of that black headcover. Mine are Velcro which isn't preferred to me but I can live for now because I don't game the Velcro. I have the same worries about it losing its stick over time. I just leave them on my mFGP and DB4 around the house
As for noise it doesn't affect my stroke. I don't mind people talking during my putts lol but I'm a minority there

I have the same white cover in magnetic. It's perfect. It's why I prefer my black groovy cover over everything else. It is magnetic as well.

I have two brand new ones of that black headcover. Mine are Velcro which isn't preferred to me but I can live for now because I don't game the Velcro. I have the same worries about it losing its stick over time. I just leave them on my mFGP and DB4 around the house
As for noise it doesn't affect my stroke. I don't mind people talking during my putts lol but I'm a minority there

I'm with you! I don't really notice anybody else when I'm putting (as a matter of fact, I'd prefer that we all be going over our set-ups, reading the lines, etc. so that no time is wasted on the green). I prefer the magnetic cover so that I'm not guilty of disturbing anyone (that's right; I'm the yahoo! lol)

I'd like a few more different options than "groovy". Not sure what - nothing's coming to mind now.

I'd like a few more different options than "groovy". Not sure what - nothing's coming to mind now.

The Nashville cover is magnetic.

Really?! Now I want one. *off to the website to see if they are still available.

The Nashville cover is magnetic.

Yes it is and that headcover is pretty cool.

Definitely prefer the magnetic over the Velcro. Have never had a magnetic cover fall off, but have lost one velcro that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeeMore Putters Thread

I haven't had any issues with the Velcro! It's just as strong today as it was almost a year ago when I started using it. In fact I took black duct tape and halved the width of the Velcro on the inside of the strips so it doesn't scratch my putter head. Even after using 1/2 the strips it's still just as strong as it was at day 1. I had a magnetic THP cover that kept falling off and I'd have to back track to find it but my Velcro has never fallen off.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention, my m6 is being shipped tomorrow. Yippee.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Gimme velcro all day every day. I used to be a magnet guy but velcro is just way more reliable.

Also, the Doc is getting an m6 for Christmas.

Gimme velcro all day every day. I used to be a magnet guy but velcro is just way more reliable.

I bet the Doc loves it! Are you gonna personalize it for her?

I bet the Doc loves it! Are you gonna personalize it for her?

Yep, she gets a pink grip and groovy HC for personalization and I get my m6 back. Haha

Yep, she gets a pink grip and groovy HC for personalization and I get my m6 back. Haha

Strange how that works. Thats why my wife never sees my PR DB4x or my Z3c or my...

Magnet for me. Nothing to scratch the head going on or off. ?

I like Velcro. Magnetics have a tendency to fall off and find homes in the middle of fairways.

Did someone say m6?

You know, I've owned some pretty wild and out there putters with oil can and black oxide finishes and I've always used Velcro and never scratched them pulling the covers off and through the Velcro.

I think I'm doing it wrong. :alien:

That's one lucky doc!!!

Let me know if you want to unload that mFGP2!

It wont be going anywhere till I try it cut down and with a grip that isnt gigantic. Trying to decide on what grip to put on it. I like the 1.0 on my mFGP but I dont love it. I have never found a putter grip that I "love".

Back