The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386032359.419375.jpg

And response

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-wilson-escape-suspensions-big-ten-conference

Neither player from the Michigan game faces any more punishment. I honestly think Stone Cold (Marcus Hall #98) should have been suspended for the championship game. Getting in a fight is bad enough, but you can at call it defending yourself after his helmet was ripped off.
But throwing a tirade on the sideline and then giving the double birds to the fans is pretty ridiculous.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-wilson-escape-suspensions-big-ten-conference

Neither player from the Michigan game faces any more punishment. I honestly think Stone Cold (Marcus Hall #98) should have been suspended for the championship game. Getting in a fight is bad enough, but you can at call it defending yourself after his helmet was ripped off.
But throwing a tirade on the sideline and then giving the double birds to the fans is pretty ridiculous.

Sop for Meyer....

Lol at stone cold.

Should have been a full Game for sure

Couldn't resist could you?

He had nothing to do with the decision it was the conference who made the final call.

So coaches don't discipline players anymore?

Reminds me of the whole Brandon spikes incident.

So coaches don't discipline players anymore?

Reminds me of the whole Brandon spikes incident.

You mean like the brutal punishment Manziel received earlier this year for signing autographs among like 20 other things?

Nope they sure don't. Not even St Malzahn would punish one of his starters unless he was left with no choice.

Nobody should be shocked at this point by an undisciplined football player playing under Urban Meyer. Yawn.

You mean like the brutal punishment Manziel received earlier this year for signing autographs among like 20 other things?

Nope they sure don't. Not even St Malzahn would punish one of his starters unless he was left with no choice.

Never said Malzahn would do differently, I guess we just don't know because we haven't seen his players gouge eyes, start fights and flick off fans at this point in his career. Meyer built a reputation for this kind of thing.

You guys crack me up. I honestly expected nothing less though.

After all only a couple schools have scumbag coaches right.

#79 for tOSU goes double birds to Michigan crowd Stone Cold Steve Austin style.

Urban Meyer goes Stone Cold by not suspending players for Big Ten Championship. Can't blame him, all hands on deck.

He hasn't been charged with anything. Keep Calm and Wait for Facts

As for the schedule, it wound up weaker than it started as teams lost down the stretch, but they were still good teams if not elite, and they didn't just win those games, they won them going away and often playing backups the entire 2nd half.

Ill be waiting awhile, I'm sure this will get swept under the rug until after football season. We wouldn't want to ruin the chances of a national championship.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Wife showed me something I think tOSU fans on this thread would appreciate. Go Bucks.
a8age8aj.jpg

Medicore in all of college football maybe, but where the program was before he got there I'd say he's done a really good job, it'll be interesting to see which assistants come with him and which stay at USC.
He never really recruited well, failing to keep the best in state talent. UW renovated their stadium. UW spent a ton of money to poach top assistant coaches from other Pac12 schools - a pretty transparent attempt to weaken opponents while improving their staff. And it still took him 5 years to get from 5 wins to 8 wins. I think that says a lot more about him than the state of the program.

FWIW the sports talk radio show her did a poll: Who got the better deal, SC for getting Sark or UW for losing him? Last I saw @70% of people said UW.

"Stone Cold" made me laugh.

Well done.

"Stone Cold" made me laugh.

Well done.

I'm personally disappointed by the nickname. I was expecting to see shotgunning beers and giving the stunner to both head coaches as he left.

Urban Meyer goes Stone Cold by not suspending players for Big Ten Championship. Can't blame him, all hands on deck.

In fairness to Meyer, since you now know what he let slide in Gainesville (see, Aaron Hernandez), is it really that bad that he's not suspending these players?

Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if he tried to give them a ribbon. "You didn't try to murder anyone. Here's a ribbon."

In fairness to Meyer, since you now know what he let slide in Gainesville (see, Aaron Hernandez), is it really that bad that he's not suspending these players?

Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if he tried to give them a ribbon. "You didn't try to murder anyone. Here's a ribbon."

Huh, I'm sure you think Urban Meyer is the reason Jameis Winston raped that woman also. You guys crack me up. Urban Meyer has coached well north of 500 players and one gets arrested for murder 3 years after he left college and some how its his fault.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Huh, I'm sure you think Urban Meyer is the reason Jameis Winston raped that woman also. You guys crack me up. Urban Meyer has coached well north of 500 players and one gets arrested for murder 3 years after he left college and some how its his fault.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

I know you didn't care for then, but his list of players in trouble on and off the field at Florida was LONG, way past Hernandez. Obviously he isn't the only coach who has battled with the issue, but he has had the problem more than most.

I know you didn't care for then, but his list of players in trouble on and off the field at Florida was LONG, way past Hernandez. Obviously he isn't the only coach who has battled with the issue, but he has had the problem more than most.

+100 Over 40 arrests. If Huntley Johnson wasn't in the pay roll, many many more.

Looking forward to all of the great games (for the most part) on the slate for Saturday.

Looking forward to all of the great games (for the most part) on the slate for Saturday.

Conference Championship Week is usually very entertaining. Only a couple games left. Man the CFB season flew by.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

I know that my post was uncalled for. Urban Meyer was an outstanding coach at the University of Florida, and his efforts to keep his players from being arrested or otherwise involved in off-the-field incidents is beyond reproach.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/s...ested-at-florida-in-the-meyer-years.html?_r=0

I know that my post was uncalled for. Urban Meyer was an outstanding coach at the University of Florida, and his efforts to keep his players from being arrested or otherwise involved in off-the-field incidents is beyond reproach.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/s...ested-at-florida-in-the-meyer-years.html?_r=0

Thanks for posting an old in irrelevant article. I found ridiculous the first time I read and even more now. As stated most of the arrest we petty underage/ college stupidity arrest. At what point do people be held accountable for their own actions? Why not place blame on a judge or a prosecutor for not charging them to the full extent of their power. Because its easier to place blame on the hated man in the spotlight. I will guarantee every college has those arrests and I will bet Gainesville still has the same issues. When I school gives you a 4-5 year window to build a championship team or you lose your multi million dollar contract, then maybe they do let a bit slide. Shoot when I put it that way maybe we should make the universities accountable for the actions of past and present alumni, since we are so apt to put the blame on anyone but the person responsible. But that is the American way right, its never my fault and everyone is out to get me.

That is my last debate on that argument because really Championship weekend it brewing up to be a good one. I'm excited for the OSU vs MSU game (my in-laws are all Spartans). While I don't see it as a great match up it should be fun to watch.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back