Justin Rose Signs With Lamkin

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
You dont see many grip signings, but in this case Lamkin signs Rose to be their brand ambassador beginning in 2014. He has been using the 3Gen product for quite some time now.

Really like Justin Rose and Lamkin Grips, So I like this partnership. Is Rose the first player Lamkin has used as an ambassador?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
Really like Justin Rose and Lamkin Grips, So I like this partnership. Is Rose the first player Lamkin has used as an ambassador?

Good question and I am not 100% sure. I believe the answer is yes, at least anytime recently.

Liking this partnership

Thats pretty sweet that he did that. Figured he would go with just Taylormade Grips. But hey the more the sponsorship the better off you are.

Becoming a bigger Lamkin fan by the day. And just happen to have 13 brand new I-lines sitting in my staffer ready to go on something.

I love Lamkin grips, I've been playing them for the last few years. Good for them picking a guy that's relevant in the golfing world to be a product ambassador.

• Admin
Thats pretty sweet that he did that. Figured he would go with just Taylormade Grips. But hey the more the sponsorship the better off you are.

To be fair, they dont really have grips (TaylorMade). Many of their grips found on their irons are Golf Pride

I think it's a good fit for Lamkin.

Thats what I was kinda thinking as I don't play with Taylormade. Do you see any issues with Justin and this deal now since he's still with Taylormade?
To be fair, they dont really have grips (TaylorMade). Many of their grips found on their irons are Golf Pride

This surprised me as well because as JB said, you just don't see much in the form if grip sponsorships.

Lamkin makes a fantastic product and JR is a solid brand ambassador....I like it.

Thats what I was kinda thinking as I don't play with Taylormade. Do you see any issues with Justin and this deal now since he's still with Taylormade?

None at all.
Guys do not use the TM branded grips very often. Their assembled clubs from the Tour Van at events and each van has grips from just about every grip company on it.

Good for Justin and for Lamkin. Why not sign on for another sponsorship if one is available, especially if he has been using their grips for a long time. Much better exposure for Lamkin also.

I like it, and I like Lamkin grips. JB, do you know if we are going to see more of this in the future or if the current way players choose grips will continue on with maybe only major players endorsed?

I like it, and I like Lamkin grips. JB, do you know if we are going to see more of this in the future or if the current way players choose grips will continue on with maybe only major players endorsed?

That is a good question. I know Winn grips have a sponsored player in Gulbis (and Butch Harmon).

I dont think we see a lot of this. Lamkin needed an ambassador I believe and this gives them that.

Read about this sponsorship yesterday. I think it is great for Lamkin to sign an ambassador such as JR. Like to see the all questions stirring from this.

This is cool, I like it. This is big for Lamkin IMO. With Golf Pride always touting "Number 1 grip on tour", this will give Lamkin something big to stick their name to.

Nice marketing, most golfers like Rose and this can only help sales of Lamkin products.

Rosie and Lamkin I like it. I'm actually kinda surprised that grip companies don't go after signing guys more often.

I guess it's good. Not something you see a lot of.

Good signing for Lamkin. Will be interesting to see how they market this.

Rosie and Lamkin I like it. I'm actually kinda surprised that grip companies don't go after signing guys more often.
Just this month I've bought all new Golf Pride grips...then Lamkin I-Lines...then Pure Pros. If the pros tinker as much as we (I) do, I could see why Pros would be hesitant to sign with one manufacturer over another.

Just this month I've bought all new Golf Pride grips...then Lamkin I-Lines...then Pure Pros. If the pros tinker as much as we (I) do, I could see why Pros would be hesitant to sign with one manufacturer over another.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense too. I've switched a few times this year too.

I have golf prides on my irons, but have been messing with the 3gen on my wedges(thanks panda). I am very close to pulling the trigger to the 3 gen switch.

J Rose and Lamkin sound like a good fit. I've always been a fan of Lamkin.

Back